Mercedes e55 Kompressor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mercedes e55 Kompressor within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Where in Stamford can you guys race? There really isn't anywhere that I can think of. I mean, there are ...

Where in Stamford can you guys race? There really isn't anywhere that I can think of. I mean, there are some reeeally good spots, but they are high traffic areas, i.e., High Ridge Road, after Dunkin Donuts but before Rippowam. Oh well. If you see a green Ford Contour picking fights with random cars, that's me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Schaf100
    No I didn't, should I look for somebody with a TL in Stamford though? I'm there all the time.
    My friend had a guy race him and really show his lack of knowledge for his car. He said it was a blue WRX with spoiler and I think rims. Just thought I would ask since you are obviously in the area.

Originally posted by Penguinking

btw at 130 the wrx tops out cause of gearing - e55 is electronically limited to 155mph
    Wrong. People on iclub have gone faster and also one guy on iclub had his wrx GPS verified at 160 by 2 different units.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    oops.

well its also possible that they were running a different gearset, like a dogbox, for example. but i'm pretty sure any stock wrx w/ stock gearing can't go much faster than 140

i'm good on the E55 though
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I read it on the Internet so it must be true

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ellisnc
    I read it on the Internet so it must be true
    yeah, just like that post about the 12 second kia that someone here found on a kia forum - and it turned out to be true, of course, because it was on the internet
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

If you don't think its true go find out for yourself dumbass. There was a thread on iclub that had a lot of people pegging out at 140. I was only trying to correct Penguinking, but you had to be a sarcastic ******* about it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by BamBooI
    If you don't think its true go find out for yourself dumbass. There was a thread on iclub that had a lot of people pegging out at 140. I was only trying to correct Penguinking, but you had to be a sarcastic ******* about it.
    you must not have understood. that was a fu*king JOKE, and it wasnt even directed at you. i was extending off of ellinsc's post, so why don't you say hes a jackass for being sarcastic like that?

and watch what you call other ppl on this forum - i won't stand for it, and neither will anyone else.

i apologize if i sounded like an ass. if i did, i didnt mean it that way, but i did want to emphasize that a STOCK wrx can't do 160. however, change the gearing or use dog gears, and you might be able to pull a stunt like that. getting a stock wrx to run 160 has about a snowballs chance in hell

sorry about the sarcasm. i'll try not to be funny next time
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

assuming your car had enough power you could run it to 160, the impreza is a brick though, adding shorter gears would just lower the top speed capability and you may be able to reach fuel cut in 5th gear if in fact it's shorter of course with stock power

there is always going to be some equilibrium of where the power being produced will be just enough to keep the car at the present speed. You want to go faster make more torque at higher rpm... something the stock turbo isn't very good for

Originally posted by Penguinking

you must not have understood. that was a fu*king JOKE, and it wasnt even directed at you. i was extending off of ellinsc's post, so why don't you say hes a jackass for being sarcastic like that?

and watch what you call other ppl on this forum - i won't stand for it, and neither will anyone else.

i apologize if i sounded like an ass. if i did, i didnt mean it that way, but i did want to emphasize that a STOCK wrx can't do 160. however, change the gearing or use dog gears, and you might be able to pull a stunt like that. getting a stock wrx to run 160 has about a snowballs chance in hell

sorry about the sarcasm. i'll try not to be funny next time
    I wasn't talking to you so my post wasn't specific. I was talking to ellisnc. I should have quoted.

Also I just wanted to say about the stock wrx being able to do 140. Only one person has said he did 160 with a STOCK gearing wrx so I don't know about that one. He was verified with 2 gps handhelds. I'm skeptical about that but the 140 is definitely possible. If you don't believe the wrx will do 140+ go try for yourself on an airport landing strip or something very long and closed to traffic.

Originally posted by 2001S4

My friend had a guy race him and really show his lack of knowledge for his car. He said it was a blue WRX with spoiler and I think rims. Just thought I would ask since you are obviously in the area.
    "Shudder"

Glad that wasn't me, I like to think I know a bit about my car I also don't have rims. It's funny though, I was driving around this weekend, (in my 328i convertable) and drove for a while behind a blue Rex in Greenwich with Altezzas, rims and a spoiler. The kid driving it was wearing Oaklys, a red visor and a white tank top, and really looked like a retard. I was following him on the backroads and he COULD NOT drive at all. He hit every turn wrong and I would have passed him if I weren't a safe driver. Maybe he's the guy your friend ran into. Also, anybody I race I treat with respect whether I win or lose. If I ever run into your buddy though, I'll tell him I'm on the forum and you speak highly of him

Cool, he has a Silver TL with tints, it is lowered, has the newer TL taillights (no amber), and a modified gutter grill gaurd. I made fun of him for the grill at first, but believe it or not, it looks really nice. He has headers, CAI, and exhaust. Those three mods really helped that car out. It feels as strong as my car, maybe even a little faster. So it should give a stock WRX a good run. If you are not stock however, you should beat him. He does have Navigation system with DVD player though. Not good while driving but really awesome for those long drives stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

Cool,

I'll definitely be on the lookout for your buddy. I'm basically stock (K and N/Tires) so it should be a great race off the line if I run into him. I'll let you know if we have an encounter.

-Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12