WRX vs STANG GT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs STANG GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok recently i raced my friends 04 mustang gt from a dig and a roll...i am proud to say that ...

WRX vs STANG GT

ok recently i raced my friends 04 mustang gt from a dig and a roll...i am proud to say that both time i pulled him up to 90 and shut down...(limit was like 40)...however everyone is telling me that this shouldant have happened??? was he a craptar driver...am i teh shumacker??? anyone else have experience stock vs stock with gt's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

5MT vs 5MT should be a drivers race from a dig, and from a roll the GT should walk you. 5MT wrx vs 4at GT, I have no idea. Definitely in the WRXs favor from a dig though.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

well

I raced my buddies 03 conv from a roll and inched on him slightly. all i have is up/turbo back and mbc. Oh ya he had cat back (flowmaster) i think.

ive raced a couple gt's and beat every one i raced. i raced one with intake and exhaust and 5mt and walked him hard.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

i used to beat GT's with my 02 spec-v(with only an AEM CAI), so its believable.

i raced a random gt on the street....we were both stock and i whooped him pretty bad.....i have an '04 5mt wrx and he had a '02 5mt too....lots of fun

Originally posted by Drew303
    i used to beat GT's with my 02 spec-v(with only an AEM CAI), so its believable.
    Then you raced a crappy GT driver.

GT = low 14 second car
    Spec V w/ intake = high 14 second car at best (maybe mid 14s if you're an excellent, excellent driver)
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

hmmm there seems to be a rumor that mustang got in trouble for ovverrating their cars last year in the 0-60 and 1/4??? is this true can someone verify

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    hmmm there seems to be a rumor that mustang got in trouble for ovverrating their cars last year in the 0-60 and 1/4??? is this true can someone verify
    I doubt it - if anything, they probably underrated them.

I've seen slips that have 5MT GT's hitting high 13s stock. So I can't see how Ford was lying about their times. They usually say low 14s.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Re: WRX vs STANG GT

ok recently i raced my friends 04 mustang gt from a dig and a roll...i am proud to say that both time i pulled him up to 90 and shut down...(limit was like 40)...however everyone is telling me that this shouldant have happened??? was he a craptar driver...am i teh shumacker??? anyone else have experience stock vs stock with gt's?
    by how much did you beat him? 5speed GT should be a close race with him having an edge, and from a roll he should pull on you by a couple cars.
    its it an automatic, you should pull a few cars from a dig and pretty even from a roll, but you would have an advantage I would think. their auto trans arnt too good.

Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    ive raced a couple gt's and beat every one i raced. i raced one with intake and exhaust and 5mt and walked him hard.
    hahahahha, wait, wait...... your sig says you are a 5speed wrx with short throw, and you are telling me that you beat a 5speed with exhaust and intake?? how either your lying, or his driving skills were that of a 4 year old! or it was not the newer gen. 99 and up. which is what we are talking about.

stock GT's will run low 14's to high 13's stock. the factory motor is very un-tunned and just an intake will put them into high 13's consistantly, and with an exhaust (very responsive mod for them) they will run mid 13's all day long, and very many can tick off low 13's with just those mods. throw on slicks and you have 12's.

i am not a fan of domestics AT ALL, but knowing cars doesnt hurt. something up here.

i guess they were all crappy drivers.

hahahahha, wait, wait...... your sig says you are a 5speed wrx with short throw, and you are telling me that you beat a 5speed with exhaust and intake?? how either your lying, or his driving skills were that of a 4 year old! or it was not the newer gen. 99 and up. which is what we are talking about.
    and with an iceman intake they run 10's.....
    yes the one i raced was manual and the kid knew how to drive..the only complaint he had was that he had a full tank of gas while i was running low....
    Last edited by CakePanMan; 03-03-2004 at 08:55 PM.

I ran agianst my brother's freind gt its automatic, well i took him out pretty badly from a roll and from stoped he didnt stand a chance. I have uppipe, downpipe, and hoses.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Good kill on the crappy driver...

watch out for well driven ones, or modded ones (gears)
    2003 SRT-4

and with an iceman intake they run 10's.....
    yes the one i raced was manual and the kid knew how to drive..the only complaint he had was that he had a full tank of gas while i was running low....
    good for you if you beat the car. all i am saying is to watch out for them because they can be very fast cars and you wont even know it.

anyone here that knows cars will agree that is kinda odd for an 03wrx stock, to beat a 5speed GT stand (newer gen) with an intake and exhaust. its not impossible, but very very unlikely. unless one of the following i posted above was a factor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast