GSR-Turbo vs. M3

This is a discussion on GSR-Turbo vs. M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thought this might be interesting: My cousin just finished his car for the third time from blowing his motor up. ...

GSR-Turbo vs. M3

Thought this might be interesting:

My cousin just finished his car for the third time from blowing his motor up. This time I think he got it right. He has built a 97' GSR turbo. The motor is fully built and bored to 2.0L. He is pushing 11psi for now and he plans on running about 15psi when he is done with tunning.

On the way back to my brother's house there was a crazy kid in an E46 M3 hauling ass comming from behind. When he gets up next to us he decides he wants challenge. He gets up right on my cusin's ass and starts flashing his lights and then gets next to us and gives the thumbs down.

So at this point, my cusin is like "sure, we'll see" and then he downs it into third at about 65 and punches it. The M3 does the same. The M3 jumps up front a little more than half his car leading. Then once the boost came in, the M3 got walked until my cusin shut down at about 115 or so. I believe he had a good three car lead on the M3. After that the M3 slowly speed by and gave us a friendly thumbs up with a surprised look on his face.

Cool guy in the end but alittle agressive through traffic. We even admit that it was stupid driving so fast on the high-way, but men are men. We be stupid from time to time.
    HKW

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill for your cousin. M3s are bad ass. My bro has one, they're nothin to mess with on the freeway.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

I've posted on this topic of M3's before. I've raced a handful, all from a roll, never lost. Only once did I get a thumbs up, usually a fly-by or a no-look. Once I even got the finger. hahaha, priceless...I think they're busy calculating the difference in MSRP
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

man, i wish i could afford a turbo for my GSR. sounds like your cousin has a sweet car, do you have any pics?

Not any recent photos but it's black and stock body with some sub-zeros lowered. Other than that it looks like a regular GSR with an intercooler peaking out behind the bumber grill.
    HKW

my friend also has a turboed gsr too... on his 3rd engine also. something always breaks eventually he says
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I've posted on this topic of M3's before. I've raced a handful, all from a roll, never lost. Only once did I get a thumbs up, usually a fly-by or a no-look. Once I even got the finger. hahaha, priceless...I think they're busy calculating the difference in MSRP
    With your mods, you should be picking on someone your own size... Zo6?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I've ran 2 z06's, both from a dig, murdered them both...shut down at 110 up about 2 cars. However, the drivers weren't that great at launching the car. If I was up against someone who was a better driver, it might have been closer, and I'm sure they would pull if the race went long enough. Even though I dont drag race that often, I'm beginning to realize what everyone says about a race being decided in the first 60 feet. Only race i've lost to date was a run from a dig with a 911 turbo. I kept with him until about 70, and well, that was that...

Pics:

New z06 should run low 12's @117 mph. Some factory freaks broke 11's
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by Rice Boi
    Not any recent photos but it's black and stock body with some sub-zeros lowered. Other than that it looks like a regular GSR with an intercooler peaking out behind the bumber grill.
    thats an awesome set up. stock looking with a turbo under the hood. I contemplated boosting my GSR but i didnt for the "on his 3rd engine" thing that a couple people posted.

My brother is selling his turbo integra ..its also a 2.0 but ls/vtec..dynoed 300whp @ 15lbs..its at 10 right now..last time i drove it was right after he broke in the new motor, man it pulls hard especially with the extra low end torque than boost kicks in and pins u in ur seat...turbo hondas are fun not the most reliable thing..hes also gone through three motors, first was the stock ls than was ls/vtec with just pistons and he finally got it right with a fully built block and it was bored out to 2.0.

btw nice kill..
    Last edited by wrxpaul; 03-03-2004 at 09:44 PM.

Originally posted by ilivas
    New z06 should run low 12's @117 mph. Some factory freaks broke 11's
    Yeah, those are the real vette enthusiasts that know how to launch them. If they get the least bit of wheelspin they'll loose to a heavily modded awd car such as mine. My friend's neighbor just got one, ran 12.6 stock i believe, first pass.

Pics:

Re: GSR-Turbo vs. M3

Originally posted by Rice Boi
    Thought this might be interesting:
    He has built a 97' GSR turbo. The motor is fully built and bored to 2.0L. He is pushing 11psi for now and he plans on running about 15psi when he is done with tunning.
    nice.

Originally posted by BassMan097
    ...I think they're busy calculating the difference in MSRP
    You wouldn't understand if you stood under it.....