When SUVs start pulling on you, you know... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on When SUVs start pulling on you, you know... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ooh i just thought of something! does anyone know if there are any CEL's that make the ECU run in ...

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    ooh i just thought of something!

does anyone know if there are any CEL's that make the ECU run in safe-mode or something, where it'll do something to limit boost somehow or control something like that? cause i've been getting quite a few cels and that maybe the problem. i don't wanna reset the ecu cause i wana pull the codes first to see whats been causing all the lights
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Penguinking

my name is "Robert", not "original poster"

anyway, the max boost is 10, not 8, and the mbc's position hasnt changed since i had first installed it, so something must be wrong in the lines to make it run 10 when it used to run 15.5. i've got some extra hose lying around so i'm gonna replace the mbc hosing.
    you don't have to be a jerk about this just because you are the forum owner or moderator. i was just trying to help. i just found this board and i don't know everyone's name yet.

there is no "safe" mode, but the ECU does have several maps and thousands of variables that it can access, and yes, it can trigger a safe mode that will go away once it sees an all clear condition. i have had it before for about 150 miles, but then it went back to normal, after about 45 miles of cautious driving.

i'm sorry i offended you, holy moderator. good luck with your problem.
    -eric m.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by eric m.

you don't have to be a jerk about this just because you are the forum owner or moderator. i was just trying to help. i just found this board and i don't know everyone's name yet.

there is no "safe" mode, but the ECU does have several maps and thousands of variables that it can access, and yes, it can trigger a safe mode that will go away once it sees an all clear condition. i have had it before for about 150 miles, but then it went back to normal, after about 45 miles of cautious driving.

i'm sorry i offended you, holy moderator. good luck with your problem.
    dude chill. i wasnt trying to be a jackass. thats why i winked " " - see? that meant i was kidding

and i'm not trying to pull rank b/c im a moderator - hell, i only moderate the south central forum i have no idea where u got that idea from

anyway, no hard feelings, k? u just took what i said the wrong way.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

some people just dont get it eh?
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Originally posted by Penguinking

dude chill. i wasnt trying to be a jackass. thats why i winked " " - see? that meant i was kidding

i missed the wink. sorry. i was just embarrassed or something because i got "own3d" on my first post by the moderator.
    -eric m.

welcome aboard eric. you seem quite knowledgeable. good to have you here.
    btw- watch out for the other mods. they're even bigger jerks
    Silver Wagon- Rally Tarmac

UTEC stage 1, MRT Up pipe, GFB pulley kit, Samco IC hoses, GFB BOV, GReddy boost gauge

Prodrive P1, Tein wagon coilovers, MRT strut tops, Cusco front and rear anti sway bars, Cusco strut tower stiffener, MRT end link front, STI lateral links and trailing arms pillow ball type.

Factory painted side skirts

I Support ClubWRX
    alright thats it. this thread is being closed. no more negative discussion about the moderators!!!

Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

i like the moderators, except when they close threads.
    -eric m.

My mom has a 4.4is and its fast. SO is her CLK430 Conv.
    Forza Azzurri. Next World Cup it's all Italia!! Viva Italia

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Azzurri
    My mom has a 4.4is and its fast. SO is her CLK430 Conv.
    clk430 rocks da Hizzouse!!!!!!

my dad was gonna get the coupe when it first came out, but then opted for the sedan (e430)

i must say, my favorite line of MB's in production right now

especially the amg clk55
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.