toying with e55 amg - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on toying with e55 amg within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by FrankW ,000 + after tax, 469hp 500lb-tq, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, mid-high 12's 1/4 mile, and weights ...

Originally posted by FrankW
    $90,000 + after tax, 469hp 500lb-tq, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, mid-high 12's 1/4 mile, and weights around 3900lbs.

DROOLLLL

ive read 0-60 in 4-2 and 12-0 1/4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We will see how they hang on the highway... I have a SL55 handy as a test car....cough cough...bull****. No really though, my stepdad has a SL55 that still isnt broken in yet and I will see how bad he eats me on the highway on my pumpgas map when my car gets running and gets tuned. If he beats me too bad, that might give me enough incentive to sale up and go back up to St. Louis and get a racegas map Heaven forbid that though.

Richard
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

I had a dream i had one of those. It was one of the greatest dreams ive ever had.

Originally posted by bmms8
    the E55 wont cost you 90,000+ after taxes, even with some good options, msrp is under 80K. they are mosters from a roll, and 469 is an underrated rating, its going to be the same as the other 55's.
    trust me...with few options like the bi-xenon, sunshade, cd-changer and comand system and you are looking at a window sticker around $84000. With state tax, gazzler tax, etc you are looking at $90k +

the msrp is $79270 plus destination charge which will be over $80k btw.
    Last edited by FrankW; 03-03-2004 at 01:18 AM.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ive read 0-60 in 4-2 and 12-0 1/4
    yeah...4.5 is what MBUSA's number. Lot of magazine got better times in perfect condition.

Originally posted by josnroh
    Sweet car. Watch out for the deers on that stretch of road.
    thats all of PA
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

A kid in my group has an E55, has a pulley and ecu, put drag radials on it and went 11.8's If you check out mbworld his name is E55Beast.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

J-H
    I ran a SL55 AMG last weekend. We were also "playing" untill he gunned it. From 100 to 120mph he probably put 6 cars on me. I had another encounter a while ago. Cruising downtown SD and this E55 AMG pulls alongside me, ahead there was place for one car, I hit and so does he... enough said, he blasted past me, chirping tires and all...awesome machine. I can't believe how luxurious and powerfull they are...

Just for the heck of it, what would an STI need to take on of thise on the highway? Is it possible?

JH

Originally posted by J-H
    I ran a SL55 AMG last weekend. We were also "playing" untill he gunned it. From 100 to 120mph he probably put 6 cars on me. I had another encounter a while ago. Cruising downtown SD and this E55 AMG pulls alongside me, ahead there was place for one car, I hit and so does he... enough said, he blasted past me, chirping tires and all...awesome machine. I can't believe how luxurious and powerfull they are...

Just for the heck of it, what would an STI need to take on of thise on the highway? Is it possible?

JH
    Forged internals and a T-66 at ~30+ psi and supporting mods...

Originally posted by eulerfx
    Forged internals and a T-66 at ~30+ psi and supporting mods...
    LOL... no no no... They are nowhere near that fast... Race gas, a good tune, and an 18g will get you there. They trap like 117... There is a guy on nasioc that traps 117 with an 18g also. They are beasts though!!! I mean beasts!! I just hope mine will be more of a beast!! HEHE

Richard
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

They have traction problems though,...I have alot of history with the E55 since a close friend of mine owns one, he ran 12.6's with a 2.4 60 foot. A pretty well driven Evo with intake, down pipe, race pipe and a tune gave him a run for his money just due to the launch (I should post the video up sometime)...I think any consistent mid to low 12 WRX will take a stock E55 on the streets stop light to stop light...but if you go from a roll you're asking to get raped...I would know, from experience
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

They all have the best trac control system ever developed for a rear drive car. Hell, they dont trap any higher with better launches though...

Originally posted by eightballrj
    LOL... no no no... They are nowhere near that fast... Race gas, a good tune, and an 18g will get you there. They trap like 117... There is a guy on nasioc that traps 117 with an 18g also. They are beasts though!!! I mean beasts!! I just hope mine will be more of a beast!! HEHE

Richard
    haha well maybe a little overboard, but you want to be completely sure. i was just making room for the autobahn gearing...

Originally posted by eightballrj
    They all have the best trac control system ever developed for a rear drive car. Hell, they dont trap any higher with better launches though...
    The best traction control still isn't that great with 460 + hp
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

Originally posted by SERacing
    The best traction control still isn't that great with 460 + hp
    mb's traction control sucks a$$...too intrusive, but it also keeps you from getting into trouble.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast