Totally modded S2k vs My Stock STi

This is a discussion on Totally modded S2k vs My Stock STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Mods on S2k(from what he told me): Catback Exhaust Titanium Rods and Valves Rebuilt and "Graphed??" engine CF hood 100 ...

Modded S2k vs My Stock STi

Mods on S2k(from what he told me):

Catback Exhaust

Titanium Rods and Valves

Rebuilt and "Graphed??" engine

CF hood

100 Shot of NOS... but didnt use it.

I entered the freeway, i see a yellow S2K pull up fast behind me, i gassed it and he followed. So i knew it was on.

The traffic was Medium but we went at it... the S2k held its own for the first few times.

When we exited to turn back around on the freeway, he yelled at the stoplight, "wait up, im gonna hook up my NOS" i laughed and said, "man this is stock."

He ended up not hooking up his NOS, but we went at it again.

We hit it, but i slowed down first so that we can be level, but he went on ending up hitting 154mph. I flashed my high beams so he slowed down and we got leveled.

3 BEEPS, im in fifth about 80-85mph, i step on it, and about 130mph, im a good 4+ cars on him.

We exited and talked and thats when he told me his mods. He was like "Man these babies are sick. Turbocharged 4cylinder... You whopped my ass, buy she (referring to his car) held its own."

It was a really good race.

What should my first mod be... hmmmmmmm.........
    Last edited by x Neo x; 03-02-2004 at 04:23 PM.
    '04 WRB STi
    Mods: Removed Air Box

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Uppipe then downpipe

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    A little vtec sticker with a line through it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Turboback... No need for an uppipe. Blitz SUS intake seems to be making descent power on the STi as well.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Dont get an intake.

Originally posted by AlboWRX
    Dont get an intake.
    Not to sound like an ass, but you should not be giving out advice on what someone should put on his/her car.

First of all, the Sti comes with a catless up-pipe so there is no need for one unless it comes with the set of headers you bought.

Secondly, the Blitz intake has shown to make some real power on an otherwise stock Sti. It retains the stock maf housing design unlike some earlier CAI (AEM etc).

Sounds like you've read some posts here or on some other places and are regurgitating them without really knowing what you're talking about.

That's all, have a nice day.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 03-02-2004 at 07:01 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Neo...where in san diego did you race this guy? A couple weeks ago a white dude with a yellow s2k w/cf hood, fat dual exhausts, etc....tailed me from the 15S (mira mesa area) all the way down to the 805N Xit, as soon as I decided to race him I dropped to third and my car imed. went into all these wicked shimmys and ****....my stupid turbo inlet hoses popped off and I couldnt go over 3k....I woulda loved to race him..but all I got is a 02 rex w/ vishnu up, invidia down, and greddy back. Next time ill have my cobb stg2 and hopefully all hoses stay on!!!

Hey, it was probably the same guy, white guy in a yellow s2k w/cf hood. He had curly hair... a little on the chunky side. Fat dual exhausts too. He did teh same thing to me, when he saw i got on the freeway, and i saw him from a distance in my rear view mirror, he immediately sped up behind me and tailgated me.

I live in Escondido... you? The guy i raced lives in Poway. Im sure that was the same guy too.

Where do you buy your parts? Im looking to get a Greddy Evo Catback exhaust, most likely waiting for the EVO 2 titanium exhaust. And im considering on getting a downpipe.

Have you ever been rolled and checked for any catalytic converters?
    '04 WRB STi
    Mods: Removed Air Box

I live down in the national city area but I was coming from my girls house up in ted williams pkwy...and the guy is exactly as you described. And I got ALL my parts 1/2 off from these forums...mostly nasioc so shoot over there cause they usually have a better selection. I've been pulled over twice since ive put all the shat on my car (1st for runnin a red), (2nd for not having a front license plate) and both times the cops told me that they liked my setup and that my car sounded "nice!!"..and mind you both times were around 3-4am but I never got a ticket for my mods..or even the reasons they pulled me over for. Most cops are ****s from what people say but you just gotta work the system....when you get pulled over put your keys on your dash and have your hands on the steering wheel, its cop code for your sorry !! It works for me...oh and it helps when you have all your school material plastered around your back seat..always tell them you have a midterm at 8am and they always understand (cross fingers)!!!

Uppipe then downpipe
    SORRY,Must have been half-asleep I just think that an intake would mess with the MAF unless the ECU on the STI is different than the WRX.
    Last edited by AlboWRX; 03-04-2004 at 06:58 AM.

SORRY,Must have been half-asleep I just think that an intake would mess with the MAF unless the ECU on the STI is different than the WRX.
    Dont worry about it. DAD always has the answers.