Funny Civic Kill w/ an old Hyundai
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Funny Civic Kill w/ an old Hyundai within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This happened several years ago, but I was just thinking about it and had to post. It was 12:00am on ...

Funny Civic Kill w/ an old Hyundai

This happened several years ago, but I was just thinking about it and had to post.

It was 12:00am on a Friday night and I was driving home in my sweet 1988 Hyundai Excel. For those in the greater Seattle area I was heading West on 85th at about 45mph (speed limit is 40). I pulled up to the light at 140th and was there for a few seconds before a riced out Civic pulled up next to me. You know the type -huge wing, CatEyez fogs, tint, fart can, etc.

The guy in the Civic looked over and reved at me - he was probably elated to see a car he could actually beat. A second later a cop pulled up right behind the Civic. Seeing the potential of the situation I decided to rev back. The cop did nothing.

When the light turned green the Civic launched and floored it while I calmly pulled forward. The cop just flipped on his lights and pulled the guy over. As you might imagine, I quickly reeled in the Civic - I had a couple bus lengths on him w/in an 1/8th mile.

That my friends is how I killed a riced out Civic with my 1988 Hyundai.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill.

Nice avatar. Quagmire is hilarious.

WRX
    bwahaha. That's good. There's actually a few websites for people dedicated to the hyundai, mainly because of the Tiburon.

I visit there every now and then to get a good chuckle. Things like "my new best time of 16 flat!! "
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    bwahaha. That's good. There's actually a few websites for people dedicated to the hyundai, mainly because of the Tiburon.

I visit there every now and then to get a good chuckle. Things like "my new best time of 16 flat!! "

16 flat?

Strange that you see that, cause im a member of most of the tiburon boards and i dont see a single thread like that.

BTW i ran 14.17 NA Before headers.
    Best ET 14.33
    Mest Trap 98.11
    Best 60' 2.04

Since when is tint rice? Colored tint yes, but regular tint I never knew!
    *(Goes outside to scrape tint off windows)*

sht
    im going to get flamed for this but if you dont have all windows tinted its rice. i hate to see black ass back windows then no tint in the front. i live in NJ so i will never get tint cause i would only have it 15% all round. but would not pass inspection.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

I thought this was WRX vs. the World, not two totally different cars.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by sht
    im going to get flamed for this but if you dont have all windows tinted its rice. i hate to see black ass back windows then no tint in the front. i live in NJ so i will never get tint cause i would only have it 15% all round. but would not pass inspection.
    Eh, I am about 50/50 in agreement with you. If one has extremely dark rear windows(say 5% or less), but the front to aren't, I guess it could be considered rice. Now, if the back are maybe a 30% with the front untinted it usually doesn't look as bad. I used to have an extended cab S-10 with the back and the two small pop-out side windows at 20%(I think) and the front two were plain and it didn't look bad, but it could have looked better with all windows at the same percent. I really dislike it when the back and sides are really dark, but they put the front two at a really light tint. Oh well, what ever floats your boat!

Originally posted by Trailboss
    I thought this was WRX vs. the World, not two totally different cars.
    i'm not even totally sure he's serious. i think it's just a funny story for kicks. this is the type of street race story i'd like to see on the internet. people kicking opponent's asses by doing the right thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.