Keep losing from 120 on
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Keep losing from 120 on within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I keep racing friends with 6cylinder audi's, srt-4's, etc. And all my wrx has is a dp, bc, air intake, ...

Keep losing from 120 on

I keep racing friends with 6cylinder audi's, srt-4's, etc. And all my wrx has is a dp, bc, air intake, axel-back exhaust. and I keep losing top end and it's buging the hell out of me. Please give me some input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here's some freaking imput...

STOP DRIVING THAT FAST ON PUBLIC FREAKING ROADS!

seriously. Let em win. Then you can sing for their families when they kill themselves driving like nutjobs.

Slow down moron

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

sht
    i dont drive that fast but if you want to not lose from 120 buy a new car dumbass!!!!
    im just kidding but is 120 real a race? not to me.
    jesse
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

1. You are an idiot for doing that
    2. You will continue to lose over 120 no matter what you do basicly, gearing just blows
    3. If you were wanting to race at those speeds, why the hell get the wrx. It's anything but known for its top end.
    4. Get a new car.
    Last edited by ebr0t; 03-02-2004 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

race from a stop
    stop driving that fast your nuts!!
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

Originally posted by ebr0t
    2. You will continue to lose over 120 no matter what you do basicly, gearing just blows
    3. If you were wanting to race at those speeds, why the hell get the wrx. It's anything but known for its top end.
    4. Get a new car.
    I think eli summed it up pretty well

Originally posted by ebr0t
    4. Get a new car.
    agreed
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I Support ClubWRX
    All of the above^^^^

If you want top end, get a bigger turbo, particularly a PE1820 or 18G, but PLLLLLLLLLLLEASE slow down. How would you feel if your mother was hit by some ******* racing an audi. The aforementioned turbo's will own, AT THE TRACK. Please, for the love of God, stop driving like that.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

As not to be a hypocrite, ill shush about ur driving habits, and im pretty sure most of the ones that are chastizing you are hypocrites.. but whatever, anyways, BassMan is right, definitely time for an 18G turbo swap and injectors and a UTEC.. and boom.. you wont be losing anymore!
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I agree about the hypocrite statement. I RARELY see a WRX/STI driver going the limit, or anywhere near it. But, we all know the thrill that high speed races can be. HOWEVER, there is a difference between speed and reckless driving/weaving/etc. The only time i race on a public road is when 1) the race has been pre-arranged and we go to an un-inhabited area or, i admit it is stupid, 2) when I can see miles ahead and there is no one around (including on/off ramps, etc) and myself and the other idiot racing me are the only one's around. Oh, and I always shut down by 90-100 mph. Anything over that and my **** aerodynamics tend to scare the crap out of me. Last piece of "advise": Be careful of riceboys, they are insane. I saw them racing in a downtown area, one crossed a double yellow (yes, thats right, he was going in the direction of oncoming traffic) and barely missed causing a god knows how many car accident. Drive safe, use good judgement. It's not the speed that kills per se, its the stupidity.
    Last edited by BassMan097; 03-02-2004 at 03:48 PM.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Exclamation

Find friends with slower cars. Or just learn to understand that <gasp!> you don't have to be the fastest, smartest, best looking, most talented, strongest person in your little corner of the world and that something like having the fastest car isn't really what it needs to be about. There's a reason the phrase "There's always someone faster" is a cliche. Try going for the smartest one, though, and start with keeping your racing on the track or at least to more moderate speeds. It's all fun until someone goes to jail or has a horrible wreck... Peace.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I agree about the hypocrite statement. I RARELY see a WRX/STI driver going the limit, or anywhere near it. But, we all know the thrill that high speed races can be. HOWEVER, there is a difference between speed and reckless driving/weaving/etc. The only time i race on a public road is when 1) the race has been pre-arranged and we go to an un-inhabited area or, i admit it is stupid, 2) when I can see miles ahead and there is no one around (including on/off ramps, etc) and myself and the other idiot racing me are the only one's around. Last piece of "advise": Be careful of riceboys, they are insane. I saw them racing in a downtown area, one crossed a double yellow (yes, thats right, he was going in the direction of oncoming traffic) and barely missed causing a god knows how many car accident. Drive safe, use good judgement. It's not the speed that kills, per se, its the stupidity.
    Well put
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast