Keep losing from 120 on - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Keep losing from 120 on within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by STIwish As not to be a hypocrite, ill shush about ur driving habits, and im pretty sure ...

Originally posted by STIwish
    As not to be a hypocrite, ill shush about ur driving habits, and im pretty sure most of the ones that are chastizing you are hypocrites.. but whatever, anyways, BassMan is right, definitely time for an 18G turbo swap and injectors and a UTEC.. and boom.. you wont be losing anymore!

Diddo, spend some cash for an upgraded turbo, fuel injectors, and a ECU mod. Then you will absolutely kill them from a dig, and show them your tail lights at higher speeds. With the stock turbo, your WRX will never be a high speed racer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I RARELY see a WRX/STI driver going the limit, or anywhere near it.
    if anything, i see them going well under.

i have driven poorly in the past, but never anywhere near that kind of speed.

Originally posted by emosubaru
    if anything, i see them going well under.

i have driven poorly in the past, but never anywhere near that kind of speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I agree about the hypocrite statement. I RARELY see a WRX/STI driver going the limit, or anywhere near it. But, we all know the thrill that high speed races can be. HOWEVER, there is a difference between speed and reckless driving/weaving/etc. The only time i race on a public road is when 1) the race has been pre-arranged and we go to an un-inhabited area or, i admit it is stupid, 2) when I can see miles ahead and there is no one around (including on/off ramps, etc) and myself and the other idiot racing me are the only one's around. Oh, and I always shut down by 90-100 mph. Anything over that and my **** aerodynamics tend to scare the crap out of me. Last piece of "advise": Be careful of riceboys, they are insane. I saw them racing in a downtown area, one crossed a double yellow (yes, thats right, he was going in the direction of oncoming traffic) and barely missed causing a god knows how many car accident. Drive safe, use good judgement. It's not the speed that kills per se, its the stupidity.
    I agree completely. The aerodynamics of the rex really does not like high speed runs especially past 120. And even if your car can handle it, who ever you are racing skill's and ride may not be in par. Which can result in him/her doing something he/she thought her car COULD do but can't can kill you and others too. I've experienced this with out even trying to race anyone. Some kid decided it was cool or something to fly by (i'm sure well past 100) and cut me off as close as he can. The result was that he damn near cliped my car and put him self into the ditch while we were going into a turn. Lucky for him his car just under-steered and went straight into the ditch, other wise it could have been worst.
    HKW

LOL, who the hell races in fifth anyway? (and for all you STi weens, I mean on a 5sp car)

Also, emo, a very short blast will have you at 120 in no time at all. You dont have to keep it pinned for 15 miles to get there.
    Last edited by CKxx; 03-03-2004 at 06:45 AM.
    I created my avatar.

TOO FAST

Thanks guys for your opinions, your right about everthing. I don't know what my problem is I like to go fast, but i'm being stupid. I'm going to stop, going so fast. I should go to the track if i want to prove something. But thanks guys. I didn't know you guys cared, not to get mushy but thanks

i like to think that its subaru's way of preventing us from doing ricer flyby's
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Re: TOO FAST

Originally posted by Blizwinter
    Thanks guys for your opinions, your right about everthing. I don't know what my problem is I like to go fast, but i'm being stupid. I'm going to stop, going so fast. I should go to the track if i want to prove something. But thanks guys. I didn't know you guys cared, not to get mushy but thanks
    www.scca.com
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

120 on? Is that even considered "from a roll"?

I would like to thank you in advance for driving my insurance up.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Racing over those speeds is definitly dangerous, but i think he might be putting less innocent peoples lives at risk. I mean you only go and race those speeds on the highway, which eliminates traffic from side streetes, pedestrians, and in most cases oncoming traffic, so there you would be more likely to only kill yourself or those you are racing with. While if your lets say racing on a smaller road but "only up to 100" then there are many more variables that can jump in and bite you on the a*s, such as those pedestrians, and likely more traffic to cause havoc... Though it is still incredibly dumb to race at those speeds... If you want to go race at those speeds go drive on the autobahn or a race track with a long straight.

Glad you decided to stop
    autobahn storming scooby

i'd rather do 130 on an empty 4 lane interstate than 60 "racing from a dig" on a crowded blvd with suicide lanes, soccer moms shopping, etc...its all relative.. as people have mentioned before.."its not the gearing or the aerodynamics as much as the small turbo and the totally restrictive intake and exhaust on the stock wrx that hurts the top end...

get a turbo back exhaust, catless uppipe, headers, intake, utec, injectors and an APS intercooler-SR40 combo and you won't believe its the same car...

save money, buy a motorcycle if you plan to race from 120 on.
    -Andrew

injectors

do injectors really make a difference?

If you wanna roll with the big boys get NAAAWWZZZ!!! NOS is the only way to win!!!!!! lol haha

i dont know how much money you have to spend, but I am going to assume that its not the amount of a new turbo and such.

If my assumption is correct, the next best thing you can do to get some top end for cheaper is a turbo back exhuast, an up-pipe, and boost controller.

Not only will help your 1/4 mile times a lot, but it helps the little stock wrx turbo breath faster and stronger.

although racing on an empty highway has less chance of killing others, its still not smart, because i am sure that you dont want to die also. at those speeds a rock smaller than a golf ball can flip your car and kill you. Not saying that ALL racing should be done at the track, but it is smarter. I will admit that i race fairly often, but its usually set up races, on abandoned roads/air strips with no trees, and we only race 1/4 mile so usually dont get over 100mph. and if you are going to race, look for other cars and people around and make your own good judgement as to if its safe or not.

be safe man. In a couple years you will be here telling some newbie driving like you do now to slow down and stay safe. Its all a learning experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.