Cat & Mouse with an R32
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cat & Mouse with an R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming back to LA from SF yesterday on the 152E, I played with a VW R32 (nice blue... reminds me ...

Cat & Mouse with an R32

Coming back to LA from SF yesterday on the 152E, I played with a VW R32 (nice blue... reminds me of WR-Blue). There were lots of cars around, so not too much going on, but once it opened up, I was curious to see if it would go WOT. It did (witnessed two sudden puffs of black smoke from each of the exhaust tips), and so did I. I caught up, but then ran out of open road (cars all around again). Did that for about 20 miles. Then the 152E just before the 5S got dense with cars. The VW weaved around the cars and sped off while my wife told me "that's enough", so I stayed behind.

Anyways, I wished we could've done a few ~30 - 110 to see what would happen. But I've got about WHP around what it has at the flywheel (me with VS2), so I guess it wouldn't be fair?

Just wanted to comment... The V32 is a nice looking car with a nice exhaust note (from dual shiny exhaust tips). But I bet my WRX can hold more loafs of Boudin Sourdough and more bags of Golden Gate Fortune cookies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Teach him the beauty of all wheel drive.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

It was a she, and I think the R32 is AWD too. Anybody know more about the R32?

ya the R32 is AWD, 6spd tranny and a v6. There is one at the dealership my buddy works for, i'll be test driving it within a couple weeks.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

r32 is one helluva car. I cant wait to test drive one. what are they supposed to run? high 13's low 14's i assume?

saw one at the autoshow and the interior is super nice, especially compared to its main competitors, srt-4, STI/wrx, EVO.
    I think i would take one over any of the above, ofcourse thats assuming it drives as well as looks on paper. i hear it out handles the above, but lacks in power, but refinement and luxury out does the others by a lot. around the same price range too. (cept srt-4)
    Last edited by DTR rex; 03-01-2004 at 07:07 PM.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    r32 is one helluva car. I cant wait to test drive one. what are they supposed to run? high 13's low 14's i assume?

saw one at the autoshow and the interior is super nice, especially compared to its main competitors, srt-4,
    sorry, i dont think the wrx nor the srt4 are main competitors.

Originally posted by el~sharko
    sorry, i dont think the wrx nor the srt4 are main competitors.
    obviously it seems the car is meant to play with sti and evo, which it does.. but talking performance wise, isnt the car more around the specs of the wrx and srt-4 (1/4 mile times)??

theres not really to much allwheel drive turbo comp. out there, so base wrx and srt-4 are in contention IMO, but ofcourse its just MO

sht
    i thought it would get killed in handleing with evo and sti
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

The car is what 3300lbs and has 241HP, I don't see high 13's. I am seeing a mid to high 14's second car here. Sounds like a 30K WRX to me.
    2000 WRX

i agree very nice looking but just an expensive wrx IMO. i like the look and sound but i wouldn't definatly take a sti over it anyday. what is the tq on the r32.

Nice article comparing STi, EVO, and R32.

Article

Nice article comparing STi, EVO, and R32.

Article

Re: Cat & Mouse with an R32

Originally posted by tonyk
    The VW weaved around the cars and sped off while my wife told me "that's enough", so I stayed behind.
    Heal....sit....rollover

I thought you were talking about a Skyline R32, I got all excited too oh well.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I sat in the R32 and the seats are the nicest ive ever seen or sat in. the steering wheel is also one of the best looking and feels better then any ive ever held. Im getting an STi in about a week, im already looking into getting those seats. Oh and the exhaust note sounds like s*** when there is no load and WOT. I never heard it under loads but in neutral its raspy with alot of droning in the upper rev range.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast