Cat & Mouse with an R32 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cat & Mouse with an R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The R32 has massive potential. With a HPA Stage 2 kit, it ran a 0-60 of 3.2 seconds! http://www.hpamotorsports.com/...

The R32 has massive potential. With a HPA Stage 2 kit, it ran a 0-60 of 3.2 seconds!

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bah, that kits like 18 grand all said and done....
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

J-H
    Man, that is an awesome car

The price though for 29k + stage 2, I would also rather get a STI. For the price of the kit' install you could get some monstruos HP out of the STI. But then there are loyal Volkswagen people and that is perfectly understandable...

JH

although i have not driven one, from what i hear i would more than likely take the r32 still.

REASONS:
    my first car was a fully loaded luxury nissan maxima. very nice and comfy, but not sporty.
    my current car is an integra GSR, which is fast, handles like a dream, but has rattles, bland interior and you feel all the bumps.

personally i would want the best of both worlds, sport and refinement/luxery. considering an M3 is much more than the above the r32 seems like it provides a good median.

also, think about how under-tunned turbo VW's are.
    with chip, turbo back, BC and other small stuff you can put a 15sec 1.8T jetta in the 13's.

think of what mod potential that V6 turbo has once you do chip, exhaust, and up the boost. plus its all wheel drive.
    At the autoshow it was really comfortable and very refined compared to the STI and EVO, and i am willing to bet that with $1500 in mods the r32 can be a high 12sec car.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    obviously it seems the car is meant to play with sti and evo, which it does.. but talking performance wise, isnt the car more around the specs of the wrx and srt-4
    So what do you mean by play? The price? Its costs as much as an EVO or STi, yet manages to perform like cars costing 7-10K less.

think of what mod potential that V6 turbo has once you do chip, exhaust, and up the boost. ... i am willing to bet that with $1500 in mods the r32 can be a high 12sec car.
    I think "turning up the boost" is going to be a costly procedure seeing as it is NOT TURBOCHARGED.
    I created my avatar.

think of what mod potential that V6 turbo has once you do chip, exhaust, and up the boost.
    I think you need to look up the specs on the R32's motor again...N/A my friend.

R32...241 hp V6, AWD. Costs around same as STi. Nowhere near as fast. One wanted to play with me and I raped it so badly it was somewhat disappointing. But...the R32 is a gorgeous car.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

ahhhhh, my apologies to you all. I was grossley mis-informed by a friend. I was under the impression it was a v6 with a turbo. I guess it makes more sense why it is producing less power.

i apologize again. I still think the interior is phanominal compared to the compatition, and i heard roomers that it handles better than STI and EVO, but now i am not so sure since the same friend that said he read that, also said it was turbo.

anyways, why wouldnt VW just do a built up 1.8T motor, and then just use a bigger a turbo. It would not only be faster, but IMO would have been much more appealing for around the same price.

so what is it then? like a high 13 sec car, since it is similar weight as wrx, with 15more hp and more torque?

ahhhhh, my apologies to you all. I was grossley mis-informed by a friend. I was under the impression it was a v6 with a turbo. I guess it makes more sense why it is producing less power.

i apologize again. I still think the interior is phanominal compared to the compatition, and i heard roomers that it handles better than STI and EVO, but now i am not so sure since the same friend that said he read that, also said it was turbo.

anyways, why wouldnt VW just do a built up 1.8T motor, and then just use a bigger a turbo. It would not only be faster, but IMO would have been much more appealing for around the same price.

so what is it then? like a high 13 sec car, since it is similar weight as wrx, with 15more hp and more torque?
    Mostly a low-mid 14 second car but some have already run high 13s with them. Good drivers will, at least.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    Mostly a low-mid 14 second car but some have already run high 13s with them. Good drivers will, at least.

RN
    low to mid 14's seems kinda weak, since the wrx is pulling those times with 15 less hp, and doesnt the r32 have better gearing.

geez, how much to they weigh? does anyone know why its time are so slow for 241hp and similar torque?

doesnt the r32 have better gearing.
    The WRX gearing is fine untill 4th, which you dont use for a stock 1/4 run.
    I created my avatar.

I saw my first one (a silver R32) on the street today on Rt 59 in Aurora. Looked very nice, but couldn't hear the exhaust as it was being driven rather sedately. The driver didn't pay me any attention when I was alongside and trying to give him a thumbs up. He was FarFromGroovin' I guess...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by CKxx
    The WRX gearing is fine untill 4th, which you dont use for a stock 1/4 run.
    yes this is true. but a stock wrx will run low 14's with 227 hp.
    the r32 has 241 and higher torque than a wrx with same allwheel drive launch.

you would think it would run faster like 13.7-14.0 anyone know the reason for this?

although i have not driven one, from what i hear i would more than likely take the r32 still.

REASONS:
    my first car was a fully loaded luxury nissan maxima. very nice and comfy, but not sporty.
    my current car is an integra GSR, which is fast, handles like a dream, but has rattles, bland interior and you feel all the bumps.

personally i would want the best of both worlds, sport and refinement/luxery. considering an M3 is much more than the above the r32 seems like it provides a good median.

also, think about how under-tunned turbo VW's are.
    with chip, turbo back, BC and other small stuff you can put a 15sec 1.8T jetta in the 13's.

think of what mod potential that V6 turbo has once you do chip, exhaust, and up the boost. plus its all wheel drive.
    At the autoshow it was really comfortable and very refined compared to the STI and EVO, and i am willing to bet that with $1500 in mods the r32 can be a high 12sec car.

i'm sorry... there is NOOOOO turbo in an r32. check YOUR facts... its an NA vr6 type engine.

gg no re THNKS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.