wrx or 2.5 ts vs. gtp
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx or 2.5 ts vs. gtp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just wondering if anyone has heard of a wrx or just a 2.5 rs smoke a gtp, or has any ...

wrx or 2.5 ts vs. gtp

just wondering if anyone has heard of a wrx or just a 2.5 rs smoke a gtp, or has any vid. of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We do that every weekend out here. I can have a video for you next Sunday.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Love messin with those GTp guys.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Re: wrx or 2.5 ts vs. gtp

Originally posted by xBmSx
    just wondering if anyone has heard of a wrx or just a 2.5 rs smoke a gtp, or has any vid. of it.
    dont have a vid on hand, but I am sure a few will be posted.

I stock wrx can beat a GTP from a roll and a dig. wrx is all around faster stock vs. stock.
    stock gtp runs low 15's high 14's for the most part. there are some factory freaks running mid 14's though, but you are not likely to encounter one. the wrx runs low to mid 14's. As for the roll thing, yes wrx does have AWD drive train loss, and bad gearing up top, but the GTP is even worse uptop and has even worse gearing. those that have been in a stock one at high speeds know what i am talking about.

now the 2.5 rs is a different story. you will need a quite a few mods to beat a GTP. even with 5speed and basic bolt on's you still will have to fight real hard to pull ahead.
    why do you ask? a friend with a GTP is saying he will smoke a wrx??

yeah my friend has a 98 gtp and with bald front tires and i am getting a new car and i don't know if i will have enough money for a wrx so it might be a rs. just want to hand him his ass.

If you dont need a subaru....get an SRT4. Thats the surefire way to own him for the smallest amound of cash.
    I created my avatar.

RS's have very good first gear response compared to a WRX.

I know i've pulled past a few WRX's in first, but once the WRX hits second and the turbo kicks in.. the 2.5RS is done for.
    2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
    Platinum Silver Metalic

DOB: 12/3/2003

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by Nck1285
    RS's have very good first gear response compared to a WRX.

I know i've pulled past a few WRX's in first, but once the WRX hits second and the turbo kicks in.. the 2.5RS is done for.
    Not to flame or anything, but the WRX driver must not have known how to launch. My turbo seems work well in first gear.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    Not to flame or anything, but the WRX driver must not have known how to launch. My turbo seems work well in first gear.
    Yep, I still get caught off guard by how fast 1st gear goes by.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by CKxx
    If you dont need a subaru....get an SRT4. Thats the surefire way to own him for the smallest amound of cash.
    well, to buy an srt-4 just to beat your friend GTP is dumb, but if dont mind not having allwheel drive, the srt-4 has a better warranty, cheaper, easier to make fast, and faster stock.

nck1285: if you beat a couple wrx's in first then they more than likely didnt launch from very high at all. the only advantange you have is no turbo lag, but if launched over 4k that problem is eliminated and you owned from the second the clutch is let go of.

From a stop WRX>GTP
    From a roll GTP>WRX....sorry guys my boss has a wrx and he kills me from a dig but I pull away everytime from a roll.

As said before a 2.5 would need large number of mods to take a GTP.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

uke
    I'd say that a WRX and GTP would be pretty even, when considering stock vs stock, maybe a slight advantage to the WRX (this from a GTP owner). Best launch would take it, where WRX's would have the advantage of AWD, however, IF the GTP can get traction, it has a shot as those things are torque monsters.

If modded, that's a whole different story. My theory (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that you get more power per dollar spent with the GTP (less than $500 will get you in the low 14's, maybe high 13's). Though perhaps a WRX owner here will think differently, and that's fine.

As for a 2.5rs, no way, unless it is VERY highly modded, and the GTP driver falls asleep, and is stuck in reverse . For the amount you would have to spend to get a 2.5 rs to go as fast as a GTP, a GTP owner can get his car in the low 13's or faster.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by uke
    If modded, that's a whole different story. My theory (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that you get more power per dollar spent with the GTP (less than $500 will get you in the low 14's, maybe high 13's). Though perhaps a WRX owner here will think differently, and that's fine.
    For less than $500, a WRX could be in the mid-low 13s (Uppipe, Downpipe, MBC).

uke
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    For less than $500, a WRX could be in the mid-low 13s (Uppipe, Downpipe, MBC).
    Really? In that case, I stand corrected.

We'll see this weekend where I stand. I've got just barely $500 in my car, and going to the track this Sunday. I'm expecting high 13's, maybe better. Time will tell.....

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    From a stop WRX>GTP
    From a roll GTP>WRX....sorry guys my boss has a wrx and he kills me from a dig but I pull away everytime from a roll.

As said before a 2.5 would need large number of mods to take a GTP.
    i dont own a wrx, but my mom had a 97' GTP and the top end was absolutely horrible after 50mph.

compared to my maxima and my GSR, that car had nothing after 50mph, but if you hooked up well the first 0-50 went by real quick

I am not arguing with you, but the wrx top end much be worse than I though. i have driven a few but never really fast up top, so i dont know that well. but the GTP was horrible, especially for a s/c 3.8L v-6
    Last edited by DTR rex; 03-03-2004 at 02:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.