wrx vs. civic hatch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs. civic hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So we all meet up for the races last night and this loud mouth who's been talking all night about ...

wrx vs. civic hatch

So we all meet up for the races last night and this loud mouth who's been talking all night about how only fast cars are gonna race tonight and if you are slow or stock then you cant race. he starts going on and on about his "boy's" civic thats gonna whoop on everyone. he asks the crowd if there is anyone that will race him and i politely ask what hes got. the cocky bastard that doesnt even own the car responds with LS integra motor. i ask if he has a vtec head. they both said no, but neither wanted to pop their hood. this seems kinda fishy and they want to race for $50. i told them that i didnt have any money and would race him for ****s and giggles. they didnt want any of it.

after all this the police show up so we all leave to go to the spot. as we are on our way out there the same hatch comes up and starts to pace me. he drop it in second at 40mph and we hit it. at the end of second i pulled a little more than a car on him and by the end of third i was half a car ahead of him. oh yeah and right around 5500 rpm i heard the unmistakeable vtec crossover. so they were bull****ting me the entire time.

we finally get to the races and i ask the guy if he wants to run from a dig. unfortunately he's having clutch problems and cant race. i shouldve just raced him there, oh well

CN: b18 hatch wants to race and says hes stock, turns out he has a vtec head and still loses then claims to have clutch problems when asked to race from a dig
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

should of been like... "sure i'll race ya..."

he ends up losing $50 and a clutch... double the goodness

I hate people like that. I love Honda's, but hate some of the people that drive them. I'm glad you put him in his place.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

The real funny part is that they think the car is fast...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Run from a dig?
    www.awdpirates.net

Originally posted by Rancid
    Run from a dig?
    From a stop.

Tell the civic guy you'll give him the hit from a roll. Then have fun walking him down.

There's a local civic hartch owner with a built SOHC vtec and a 75 shot that thinks he's the ****. He's proud of his 200whp NA car along with a 75 shot. He says he'll race me for 2 grand *when* he gets his car together. We'll see.....
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

The only honda's that are dangerous are the boosted LS swapped hatches, as well as the ever so popular LS-vtec hybrid turbo crx's. But as always, depends on tuning, driver, etc.

Pics:

When I was stage 2 I was on my way to Englishtown NJ and I raced a green hatch. It was a god awfull green and looked un-maintained and we went from a 60 mph roll. I thought he was out but oh did he pull me. By 100 mph, he had 2-3 before we shut down. He ended up at the track and he ran a 12.7 at like 108mph or some trap similar. Im not sure if he was turbo or not. Those damn things are so light and they put crv engines and what not in them...lol. I never like to race those even now though because you just never know...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

You can make any Honda HB fast with any B series engine swap. It's not just limited to the B20VTEC or LS Turbo setup. You can throw in a COMPLETELY stock B16 motor into any HB and it will run a mid-high 14 depending on the driver. And if you put that in a gutted HB, low-mid 14's easy.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by THE ONE
    You can make any Honda HB fast with any B series engine swap. It's not just limited to the B20VTEC or LS Turbo setup. You can throw in a COMPLETELY stock B16 motor into any HB and it will run a mid-high 14 depending on the driver. And if you put that in a gutted HB, low-mid 14's easy.

That's not fast

Pics:

Originally posted by THE ONE
    Except that most of the guys are still running a stock open front diff. I've seen some horrible 60ft times outta some hatches with B16's in them. I've yet to see a local get into the low 14's even with drag radials. I'm sure it can be done though.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

As a former b16 hatch owner I can definitely say it's not 'fast'... maybe quick but definitely not fast. I loved my little hatch, it's a totally different car than my wrx. That thing wanted to get rev'd up, it just kept pulling up top til it hit the limiter but no torque. I only managed a best of 14.9 in the 1/4 but I admit that I could've improved a lot on my launch... I think my best was a 2.4 60'. That was w/ heavy 16in rims so I'm sure a mid 14 was possible w/ drag radials and a good launch.

Hondas can be potent but theres just too many ricers giving them a bad rep. But the WRX is just more fun to drive and overall just better!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.