Street Racing a VR4 - Page 8
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing a VR4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whoa now...you're attacking our cars because of looks now? What does that have to do with the original thread? We ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Whoa now...you're attacking our cars because of looks now? What does that have to do with the original thread? We had a pretty good INTELLECTUAL thread going on here until these last few posts. I'm not a moderator on this part of ClubWRX, but if I was, I'd totally lock the thread now and lay the smack down. This isn't about performance anymore...you're starting to get into attacking someone's way of life, their tastes in cars...sure, I'm not going to say that we're all angels on this board, but come on! You guys are a horrible representation of your community. Thank god I know a few nice people who own 3000GTs or else I'd have a stereotype that all of you are homophobic, over-sensitive bastards. You guys are worse than RSX owners, for the love of god!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 3kgttwinturbo
    alright im back from the track and i made 2 passes before it was rained out, so get ready, 1st pass - 20.5 @88 with a 6.6 60', 2nd pass- 19.3@88 with a 3.0 60', so suck on that hehe, i think my clutch is going or something, the first run i rolled out of the stage and redlighted and when i pulled out i was rolling forward but not really going anywhere, i thought i was in 3rd gear, either way that pass was just ****ed, ok 2nd pass, i make sure im in 1st, i stage, light turns green, i launch at 4500-5000.....and im still just rolling forward....my clutch isnt grabbing AT ALL, so i clutch in and roll a bit more then take it down to 2k or so and proceed down the track, so i have no clue what the hell is wrong...
    Yeah Id say your clutch is @##@$$ up! lol
    95 VR4
    Nitto NT555's
    MBC
    Autometer Boost Gauge

You know, this was starting to get civil....

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    Anyway, back to actual topic, the WRX vs 3000GT thing. I raced one and I beat it. End of story. Thats the topic.... thats the facts. Everything beyond that is off topic. I have maybe $1500 ($1000 of which was the EBC and piggyback) worth of stuff done to a mid 20k car. And none of it is major work. I would say with a full exhaust, intake and a BOV that the 3000GT I raced had close to the same dollar amount of mods....on a 40k car.
    That's actually not bad performance for the price, IMO. But, conversely, we have at least one guy running 11.8 @ 116 MPH (108 octane race fuel... not pump gas) off of ~$3,000 in mods with a whole slew of people copying his set up.

I run my little stock 440cc injectors, stock fuel pump, stock turbo, stock exhaust, stock intake, stock intercooler, stock tranny, stock wheels w/new rubber, FULL interior... My only major mods (and they are really not major) I have are an electronic boost controller (running less than 2 psi over stock at 16 psi) and an A/F and Timing piggyback ECU...THATS IT. 2 pieces of electonics... wow.
    Running my stock 360cc injectors, stock fuel pump, stock turbos, stock wheels (with old rubber), full interior, stock clutch with close to 70 1.7 - 1.9 60' launches on it, stock DP, all 3 cats, stock cat back, and a MBC pulling right at 2.7 PSI over stock (15 PSI) I was able to knock off a 13.0 @ 105 on pump gas. Race gas brought my traps up to a little over 106 MPH, but my 60' got worse as the day went on.

Once I get my 450cc injectors in and air fuel controller installed I should be able to raise the traps to ~108 MPH on pump. Should be good for a 12.7 - 12.8. Not too bad for right at $600 invested, IMO. Tack on the soon to come DP and I should be trapping at ~111 MPH with 12.4 -12.5 ETs. Still under $1K. I'm happy.

Whomever said that the 3000GT has almost 100 more ponies.... have we already forgotten that it also has SEVEN HUNDRED more pounds to pull around!! 700!!! Do you know how much weight that is?
    700 lbs.? Mathematically speaking 700 lbs. means we need ~70 HP more to the ground. Not exactly a hard feet to accomplish with a turbo car. I'm sure you would agree.

At any rate, I would estimate.... hmmm... about $4k-$6k in mods (depending on selection) for a WRX to run 11s. Its been done or close to it for that much bank. And thats with nothing special... bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, bigger turbo, full exhaust, maybe headers...., a frontmount or topmount upgrade, maybe a 50 shot of nitrous for good measure.... no internal work... and boost, eh... about 22psi or so. Keep in mind that ALL WRX parts are still pretty expensive right now. Injectors (4) just dropped below $500 in the last month or so... and we are still learning how to tune our cars.
    We have one guy running 11.8s right now from 450cc injectors, upgraded clutch, 1 upgraded turbo (running a mismatched set thanks to one of the new ones being bad), upgraded BOV, stock fuel pump, no internal work, and 18 PSI dropping to 15 PSI by red line. :shrug: There should be a lot more cars in the 11s at our camp by the end of the year.

For the record I like WRXs, andI've met a coupe of super cool WRX owners at the track. I also know a guy here in Atlanta that is running a mean WRX. He's knocking off 12.2 @ 110 MPH. Can't argue with that! I'll need more than just fuel work to hang with that on the drag strip. But hey... I can always use the cop out and say, "Let's go from a 60 punch!"

Just wanted to drop in and say hi! Hopefully we will be renting the drag strip here again this year and some of you ATL guys can come out make a strong WRX showing. We didn't have any last year.
    -- Travis

'97 3000GT - Gone but not forgotten...
    '97 Eclipse GSX AT - Too many mods, too darn slow...
    '94 3000GT VR-4 M6 - Gunning for low 12s.
    '97 Supra TT AT - BPU+ shooting for 116 MPH traps

Re: funny

hey streetracer? a bit homophobic are we? how many times are you going to reference homosexuality? are you overcompensating for someing? are YOU gay?

how can you rip on someone for beating you? YOU bogged, that's even worse than having a slower car, that just means YOU suck. LOL

i don't know any "KMART shoe boxes" that out run BMW 3 series, A4's and run with S4's through 80mph. supercar? no. but serious sports car for under $25K? YES.

any loser that buys a sports car to get women should just go ahead and leave now. we buy cars to go fast. you buy cars becasue you genitalia are too small to impress women, and you're obvioulsly too ugly to get them on your own. my little hottie loves me becasue i'm smart and successful. but to be honest? SHE LOVES MY WRX. not me because of it. get a life. 16 year olds buy cars for women.

Fact: VR4 faster modded then WRX modded
    FACT: VR4 Classy and Sleek, WRX BOXCAR UGLY
    come on now, you're being rediculous, and as if you haven't already, you're killing any reputation you might have strolled in here with. tell me your "modded" vr4 is faster than God's beast. please. ever got smacked by a wagon? ugly or not, you'll be bogging all the way to the loser's circle.

get a life and leave us alone. good job of stereotyping an entire group of people based on the car they drive. you're a real winner.

dR

Sorry everyone.... but I GOTTA respond, feel free to lock the thread afterwards... Street Reamer knows where to find me... or at least PM me...

Dug-e-***, you have some kind of exagerated fairy tale of your fast and the furious fantasy.
    No exaggeration... you lost, I won. I know this is hard for you... but c'mon... try surpressing your homosexual urges (god knows you talk enough about it) and think back...

Yes, its Ryan with the 99' beast and I'm here to lay out the truth to all your hershey highway loving wrx flamers. Yes.. "I rolled up like vin diesel" calling you out? Sorry son, no one knows or likes your blue payless shoe-box.
    Just letting you know that "Joe" came up to ME, and asked ME if I was supposed to race a VR4 tonight...OK, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? And yeah, well, people do know me at Northern... the important ones.

I got a call from the guys I knew that chill up at parkway while I was down in glen burnie at the races. They said there are some people running so I was just gonna go to put a little money down. When I get there, they said there are no races so I decided to start something up. I'm really glad I brightened up your simple life by providing the sight of a girl whom will never look at you, along with a fantasy of your lost teenage dream of being cool.
    She was probably your sister... I could see the feminine resemblance... anyway, does she help you with your make-up? Or did you take the Back Street Boys Do it Yourself Class?

It also seems like you forgot to leave something out of your perfect F&F moment. You must have forgotten to mention to your wrx fudge packing ass buddies that you got tore a new a*ssh*le to lube up for that fat f**k you rolled up with, by a fwd POS eclipse 10 min later (damn thats a run-on sentance!).
    Yeah, a POS Eclipse...ok, let me make a point for you.... I beat you, he beat me... that means that POS Eclipse could beat you too... your younger less expensive brother whooping your ass! Ya know, I know ALOT of Eclipses that could do just that... At any rate, that Eclipse and I raced to 120.... he pulled me in 4th gear, as I have pointed out before, is not the WRXs strong point... thats why he won, and by a 1/2 a car no less....

Therefore giving me back the $$ I lost, and you loosing the $$ you told your wrx ***s you left with. So anyways I left with the hot girl and my $$ back And you left with that fat f**k, who im sure pitched a tent for that lubed up new a*ss*h*ole of yours.
    Oh well... I lost, glad you made your money back... I still had the money I won from you as I did not put any down on myself... as for who rode with me... ya know, I dont even remember... you seem to though. Do you like the heavy ones or something? You obviously like men as I have never met anyone so fluent in Homo-bonics... wow, you are so colorful, just like your flamin' a$$. I think someone different rides with me every week... but if ya want maybe I could bring him back for ya... I'll trade you him for your sister? Your just gonna have to jog my memory of what he looked like... I know you can do it....

Hmmmm, 18G's? how the *f**k did I have 18G's without any kind of fuel management, fmic, or boost controller. You proved your stupidity in addition to your homosexuality by this belief.
    Like I said, I heard this through the grapevine!! You didn't have them ok... so that means you were really stupid to race me. Your friends should have told you that... oh well.... besides, there are many ways to hide things in your car, and running off the wastegate springs... that could be your boost control...at which level you would not need fuel management.

As for my old car, whom you mistook being previously owned by the owner of altered yet was built by AAM, does run low 11's and would piss on your "top mount" ***. I am a friend of the owner of altered thats why the banner is on my car... not because it is a monster AAM VR4 (although it will be in some time).
    Your friends with the owners, eh.... thats funny.... you know the owners are gay, right? Sorry to break it ya bud... so how close are you? What ya have to go to get that banner?... no nevermind, I dont wanna know.....

Regardless, Congragulations! you beat a bogging almost BONE stock VR4.
    Congratulations to you for LOSING to a mostly stock bogging WRX... dude I had a bad launch on you... plain and simple.... I dont have that much done to my car AT ALL! Being that you have had your car since April (you told every one 3 weeks though), I would have figured you better at launching that "beast". Perhaps the clutch is too heavy for you... Let me drive it, I'll show you how to launch AWD....

How can such an event cause you to write an over exagerated fairy tale of the event? could it be that you have too much time on your hands? na, it was because you wanted to be reamed from behind by your wrx buddies.
    Again, no exaggeration.... I wrote what I knew, nothing more, nothing less... hell I even gave your sister props!! I was told I beat you by 3 cars... (sorry, but I wasn't looking in my REARVIEW to check), I was told you had 18gs... I was told you came looking for me.... if its not true, then someone else is concocting stories... plain and simple.... if this is hard to follow, let me know.

As for my "excuse", there was none. I simply said I bogged like hell (slumped down to 2 grand) off the line... and you did leave as I was slipping the clutch, yet I did not use that as an excuse. I lost. Regardless, I could care less about what a bunch of 16yr old wrx owners think about me using bogging as an excuse.
    you do realize slipping the clutch requires forward motion... thus leaving the line...or well you wouldn't be slipping anything.... I cant help that maybe you needed a head start or something... I left SLIPPING THE CLUTCH too... so what!!

And how old are you? 18 maybe? Yeah... ok...we're all 16, I am 16 married, have a little girl thats 3 and drive a '02 WRX and a '00 Grand Am GT.... yep 16....

From all the hype of your cool friends on the wrx board, I truly forgot that the wrx was one of the japanese supercars... how can you even compare your walmart lunch box to a 3S? its like comparing a lamborghini to a yugo. Think about it... japanese supercar or a k-mart blue light special.
    Mitsubishi removed the 3000GT ON THEIR OWN AS THEIR TOP performing vehicle.... your other 'little" brother took your place, the EVO VII. Many have referred to it as a Jap supercar... or better yet, outperforming many other So-called supercars including the 3000GT... and again I point out that the EVO and STi battle in Japan is much like the Mustang and Camaro battle was for the US.

Doug, I thought you were actually a respectfull, cool guy but you definitely proved yourself as a flaming homo. In fact, from reading the thread on wrxclub, especially the 1st page, I've come to the conclusion that ALL wrx owners are anal avengers. I'm sorry I have stifled your false fast and the furious fantasy, but your gay parade had to be shutdown. As said on the 3Si board... 3KGT's pull fine women and turn heads, you pick up men at gay bars and turn trick at dupont circle.
    I was respectful... its when people from other boards come prancing in on purple, white and black horses (almost got a rainbow going)... and poke thier ****s where they dont belong, that I begin to bring out the sarcasm and humor.

This entire thread began in a forum called "WRX vs. the World". I recounted such an example... TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, from there on I was hated on for the truth... ooh well...then your little Barnie colored buddie felt the urge to start a war by posting the link to things he read here over there on your site.

Do you know how annoying it would be if everytime someone would post about me vs whomever that the whomever would post back his version? Who cares.... when a FRIENDS tells you a story, do you care about the other side of the coin? Not usually, that is unless you don't trust your friend... considering the ones you have, I think I could understand... but basically you do understand that this amounted to nothing, right?

The WRX owners on here dont care what you say.... except in regards to their cars... thats the only thing that got their attention.

I will come up to parkway with my car still untouched, except for a new turbo timer (oh no that must give me 60hp!)... and we can take another crack at it.
    Dude, its your money... just to warn you, I wasn't running a 100% that night either... and I am not talking about the bogged launch.... I'll be out this weekend.... just remember, practice, practice, practice...

1 (one)
    S-tupid
    T-otally
    U-ninformed
    N-utless
    N-ecrophiliatic
    A-sshole

def
    Last edited by dug-e-fresh; 06-28-2002 at 07:17 AM.
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

In summary,

3000GT VR4 = Fast Grand Tourer (built like a linebacker) that will run mid to low 13s in the 1/4 STOCK with a good driver.

Ryan A. aka StreetRacer = Sore Loser

This thread is done. I hope the VR4 drivers that have something constructive to contribute to our club continue to visit. The rest of you can piss off.

-Jim

Thumbs down Lets run from confrontation

... another trait of flamers

What up fresh, its our turn baby...(I'm not sure you'll get it)
    I'm in the mood so here comes some more.

Knock off with the false presumption that I represent the 3S community and all 3S guys are like me. No, and I hope all wrx guys aren't like some of the oafs I've seen. EXCEPT we don't run from flame wars or other car clubs bad mouthing us.
    Starting with the fact that I wasn't a sore looser, as you could have seen when we stopped after the race. I complimented you, told you your car pulled on me mid-range, and gave you a hand-shake. I told you I bogged, but never used it as an excuse to take the win away from you. Did I ever say "If I didn't bog I would have won". NO and I never implied it. It would have been a better race if I didn't, yes. After reading your "Fast and the Furious encounter" and your fellow WRX buddie's replies, it kind of ticked me off and revealed impudence of some of you owners.

I'm 21, work for Nextel, as a supervisor for GreenTech, and finishing up on a bs degree at UMCP. At this age I'm making enough money, most likely already more than you make, to enjoy life with a badass car, apartment, and girlfirend. By the way you talk about your marriage and age (without revealing it) providing a facade of an elderly man. What elderly man hangs out with the kids you were with that night? a pedopheliac maybe, child molestor, I don't know. Well, it doesnt matter you guys looked good together.

As for streetracing, I've been on the scene since you first came out of the closet. Ask anyone thats been around for awhile and they'll know "the black vr4". I was in a s*itload of trouble with the law concerning my 95VR4 so I sold it. More than half a year later, I decided I couldn't live without another 3k so I decided to search again and finally found a 99. As for my mods, they don't do **** for me unless I upgrade to larger turbos, hell, I don't even have a BC. I popped my hood and told you everything I had respectfully. I was not out to hustle anyone, just to get a rush out of a good race. Concerning the money, either I race for the hell of it or for a decent amount og money, but never for gas change. I wasn't trying to give the false impression that I was confident of beating you which is another thing you falsely misled your forum on! They had a queer field day on that one... "I'm glad you bursted the 3000GT ego bubble!"... haha.

haha, the 1STUNNA tags you find so funny, you use keep using as a contemptuos tool against me to gain respect from your gay friends. I don't listen to rap/hip hop much so it was more of something to laugh at than think I was calling myself the number one stunner. You've killed it though dude, your comebacks were stupid and old. Especially my sister right? If my girlfriend and I had any resemblance, you should wash that nut out of your eye. So wheres this husband, I mean wife you've been boasting about... taking care of the kids, which are probably as old as the ones you came up with to northern *cough* no life *cough* no real friends *cough* *** *cough*. And I remebered your big boned buddy you came up with cause he was about to get his ass kicked by that tall black guy. Hmmm, attacking the owner of altered? I don't know you and your wrx buds so when I call you guys homos and flamers its more of an a*ssh*le meaning rather than literally. You don't know the owner of altered, he's probably pulled more women than you have molested little boys. You heard this, just like you heard I have 18G's and I came up looking for you, all dead wrong.

About the race afterwards you decided to leave out... I took that eclipse from a first gear roll, second gear roll, and top end all the way to northern that night. We raced 5 times, one time to 150 mph and I took him all five. It was strong and definitely kept up, at some points door to door but I walked the eclipse everytime. Yet he managed to man-handle you and took your money.

I also noticed that you pranced in with your white, red, and yellow rainbow flag onto our board too, so don't be a hypocrite. The only place where I'm sticking my **** is in my girlfriend and sometimes your wife when she calls, unlike you I keep them out of the hands of men. I'm sorry I look better, have a hotter girl, and a rare exotic car, but please don't be green-eyed.

I usually never come off as an as*h*le or am short-tempered, its not in my personality, but you fruitcakes brought out the worst. Doug, as in person you came across like you knew what your were talking about and a cool guy, but for hyping this race to a exagerated fairy tale which you left out and misinformed many aspects of the race/night made you a ***. I'll race you again, for shi**s and giggles or with money doesn't matter. If you win, congratulations to you again I could care less, I'll make sure I bring a bag of cookies for you after the race if you like. If I win, I won't be going boasting it on any forum, I really wouldn't give two sh*ts, cause its a wrx and cause all I'm looking for is an adrenaline rush. If it gives you a hard-on for your boyfriends to suck, run home after winning and write another fairy tale. Remember, you can make a civic beat a ferrari, but who gives a ***** its still a civic. The ferrari wouldn't be running to their board boasting about beating a civic he'd be laughed at.

Anyways, I want to see what happens with a better launch. I agree, winning is winning, but lying and creating a fantasy out of it is flat out gay. If you want to come down with hard feelings please do, but I don't let gay flame wars on the internet (especially on the wrx forum) get to me away from the PC.

d. espicable
    e. xagerating
    f. aggot

-Ryan A.
    Last edited by StreetRacer; 06-28-2002 at 11:50 AM.
    Only AAM knows my secrets.

1996 3000GT SL Ameithyst Pearl - R.I.P. (wrecked)
    1995 3000GT VR4 Modded to all hell 525AWHP - Sold!
    1998 Mercedez-Benz SLK230 Kompressor - Sold!
    2001 Yamaha R6 Highly modded - Sold!
    1999 3000GT VR4 - awww sucka! Currently getting modded

87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    indeed
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I third that notion

Dude just give it up and GO AWAY!!!

you've got an 87 mustang... I believe your imbred girlfirend needs to be picked up.

Get your boyfriends off our forum please.
    Only AAM knows my secrets.

1996 3000GT SL Ameithyst Pearl - R.I.P. (wrecked)
    1995 3000GT VR4 Modded to all hell 525AWHP - Sold!
    1998 Mercedez-Benz SLK230 Kompressor - Sold!
    2001 Yamaha R6 Highly modded - Sold!
    1999 3000GT VR4 - awww sucka! Currently getting modded

I'm sorry that you feel worthless without the warm and fuzzy hugs of ClubWRX members. Ever hear of self respect? Look into it, it's kind of cool!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

StreetRacer you burger-flipping forum troll, get a life.

Who cares about what happened in a street race and your fantasy life? I know I don't, and I know I don't come to forums to listen to gasbags like you sound off because you are unhappy about a street race because you do things like this to make up for your small salami.

Turds to you.
    VF22, TXS V2 TMIC, Samco IC hoses, Vishnu turbo back exhaust (non-signature), Vishnu uppipe, ECUTEK custom tuned by Shiv in person, Warlbro fuel pump, STi injectors, Vishnu underdrive pulley, 1 deg. cooler NGK plugs, authentic Jun eyelids, Vishnu fuel rails, Rota attacks w. Hankook tires, blue I badge, autometer gaugepod w/gauges (boost & egt), Tanabe lowering springs, STi hood scoop, APS intercooler shroud & splitter, Greddy shift knob, Kartboy short shifter w/bushings, Porterfield pads, Blitz turbo timer, Escort pasport 8500 radar detector, tints, alarm, STi engine mounts, STi tranny mount, Rockford Fosgate 500 watt amp, Pioneer 12" sub, functional Greddy catch can, white face Indiglo gauges and a big ass wrench 1 5/8" wrench for hitting people

Originally posted by StreetRacer
    you've got an 87 mustang... I believe your imbred girlfirend needs to be picked up.

Get your boyfriends off our forum please.

How old did you say you were?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.