Street Racing a VR4 - Page 7
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing a VR4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Beast- Why do you run small 450cc injectors? and then twin pumps? Most people I know who upgrade their turbos ...

Beast-

Why do you run small 450cc injectors? and then twin pumps?

Most people I know who upgrade their turbos choose 720cc or bigger injectors... do you run twin rails with a total of 12- 450cc injectors or something?

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

actually dug im going to the track tonite, that is if it doesn't rain, but it probably will since im going, just like it has the past 4 or 5 times straight that ive tried to make it to the track
    1992 3000gt vr4
    blitz sbc-dc boost controller
    k&n fipk
    stillen downpipe
    blitz super sound blow-off valve
    greddy cat-back exhaust

sucks, dont it? its like the clouds see me on i-95 north (headed to the track) and they follow!!

good luck though... let us know what you run (if ya run)...

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

ya the first time this year we got there, went through TEC and then it started raining, the time after that, we got down there, only to see a cancelled sign on the gate, even though it wasnt storming or raining, nor had it been, but didnt look too promising, and the past 2 times we just turned around from our way down there because it started pouring...
    1992 3000gt vr4
    k&n fipk
    stillen downpipe
    greddy cat-back exhaust

Smile cool

Dug,
    I wasn't sure if you were or not, I can see that you are not now. A fanboy thinks its the end all be all (which I can see you don't think). Now I do respect the Supra, and I agree it will go down in history as a great drag car. Your right everything was overbuilt. I don't want to generalize you, just couldn't tell what side you were on. As for me I haven't got to the track yet, im hunting down a pesky boost leak! I think the fastest stock 3/S ran in the 12.99 to 13.2 area, its is rare though. Normally a properly launched VR4 is good for 13.4 to 13.6 . You guys are AWD to, so im sure you know launching AWD is a technique you have to train at! Yeah VR4's do weigh a ton, but you can do some *weight reducing mods* to burn off some pounds. Gotta love 320 lb of torque at 2500 rpm!
    95 VR4
    Nitto NT555's
    MBC
    Autometer Boost Gauge

Doug, since you're in maryland, i'm surprised you haven't run into any of the AAM cars or the ones built by them.
    There's a yellow one in the are i believe owned by a nice gentleman named Chuck. His beast put out 620WHP.
    http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/chuck.html

Anyway, my vr-4 ran 14.0@99 MPH my first time at the track.
    My car's running rich and i have clogged cats so you know what effect that has on performance. I plan on hitting the track again maybe tomorrow see how it goes.

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh

Imagine what your car could do if it DID weigh 3200, imagine how well it would handle...imagine how hard it would accelerate!!

I cant see a stock VR4 running 13.0... nah, not even with a redline launch... sounds like to me there someone on your boards that have you believing the impossible.... but hey if you guys accepted it, more power to ya.

def

I would guess my car weighs in the 3400lb range right now.
    wont be too too long before it is in the 3200lb range

Yes I have 1 of the videos of a stock stealth running 13.1 @105mph. thats not his fastest time, just the 1 video I got.
    His car has been confirmed stock by other board members.
    He also has a modded stealth that ran low 12's.

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    Beast-

Why do you run small 450cc injectors? and then twin pumps?

Most people I know who upgrade their turbos choose 720cc or bigger injectors... do you run twin rails with a total of 12- 450cc injectors or something?

def

I run 19lbs of boost to redline currently with 6 450cc injectors.
    I also run round 75 psi fuel line pressure so those 450s flow a little more

currently I'm kickin the idea around of running propane with the 450cc injectors and 24lbs of boost Or I may hold off and
    run 750cc ball injectors with the AEM stand alone unit.

My stock ecu map is based off of 360 cc injectors, I think running 720cc injectors with a piggyback fuel controller is a bad idea as
    your altering the stock airflow signal greatly to compensate for the large injector, which in turn your ecu thinks there is way less air coming in and therefore selects a more aggresive timing map, which then brings on detonation quicker, which leads to major timing retard, which means your losing lots o horsepower.

I can almost guarantee I will be running the AEM unit and when so, I'll run big injectors as I can run them properly.

The 750cc should cover 800hp.

Actually my injectors are in the mail going to be flow tested at
    75psi to see how much fuel they flow. I'd guess a little over 500cc's? I'll find out in around a week

alright im back from the track and i made 2 passes before it was rained out, so get ready, 1st pass - 20.5 @88 with a 6.6 60', 2nd pass- 19.3@88 with a 3.0 60', so suck on that hehe, i think my clutch is going or something, the first run i rolled out of the stage and redlighted and when i pulled out i was rolling forward but not really going anywhere, i thought i was in 3rd gear, either way that pass was just ****ed, ok 2nd pass, i make sure im in 1st, i stage, light turns green, i launch at 4500-5000.....and im still just rolling forward....my clutch isnt grabbing AT ALL, so i clutch in and roll a bit more then take it down to 2k or so and proceed down the track, so i have no clue what the hell is wrong...
    1992 3000gt vr4
    k&n fipk
    stillen downpipe
    greddy cat-back exhaust

guys, dont get me wrong. i do like the wrx. that is why i chose your site to come and ask if i can have shots of YOUR cars on my video. if i didnt like them i wouldnt have asked. but some of the people just dont understand *cough*dug e *cough*. our cars already accelerate great. they are already fast. they pull hard as hell. i imagine yours do as well. sure its heavy, but its a sport luxury car. we have tons of stuff you guys dont. if you took away all the power stuff and whatnot, it would weigh less. my point now i guess, is that you shouldnt talk about a car until you have ridden in it. and as far as the "your car doesnt handle good" comment goes, well thats just ignorant. id put my money on the vr-4 stock for stock on a road course.

funny

I noticed one guy said bring your vr4 and I'll bring out a supra anyday. Thats just as bad as me saying you bring your supra, I'll bring out my skyline,rx7,swapped sr20 silivia blah blah that can go on and on. They are all great and all have their downfalls. Yes the vr4 is heavy but its not hard to drop weight either. The guy someone referred to as being the fastest running a 10.88 at 129 was at full body weight. Btw that time was on street tires. Put some of those on a supra and see what happends. Gee I wonder what would happend if he really tried to drop the weight. Wouldn't be too bad could it? I think not. Any yes our top end pretty much isn't the best vs alot of the other jap supercars. Of course its not. AWD on the top end loses so much power on top end. Your comparing it to other rwd cars which obviously don't have my hp loss to the wheels. I think this whole thread is like kicking a dead horse. We all have good cars. No need for taking shots. I did want to post this link to a kewl video I thought showed it doesn't take much but a couple grand to do this. Some of you probably have seen this. Anyway I hope to be meeting some of you wrx guys soon actually my buddy just got his. I'm holding out for the evo so we can have some fun runs maybe at thunderhill or buttonwillow. Anyway the vid is a viper and a mildly modded vr4 ($1500 turbo upgrade not very expensive) Cya

http://www.dynamicracing.com/racing_...racing.com.avi

Matt

Another thing people seem to forget is that Matt's 10.8@130 MPH was done at 3600' elevation, with several tuning problems.
    #1 would be the car running only 22 psi instead of the 28-30 it *should* run.
    #2 spark blow-out
    #3 carbon-carbon clutch not allowing him to redline his car.
    his car is set up for 8300 RPM, but with the clutch, he couldn't go past 7K.
    #4 altitude.
    Of course these are just excuses and we're not bench racers, but that's just some food for thought.
    Also, that was on a stock botton end. We have yet to blow up an engine because of too much power. 700+ and counting.
    Of course, there are downfalls to these cars. but which car doesn't have any?
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...8/fdf3286e.jpg
    94 pearl yellow VR-4
    Intake~ HKS SSBOV~ Stage II clutch

Thumbs down

ahhh!!! I had like a 3 page rant going, but aol kicked me off and I lost it all It was ****ing beautiful. anyways, I don't have the patience to write it again so here a little something.

Dug-e-***, you have some kind of exagerated fairy tale of your fast and the furious fantasy. Yes, its Ryan with the 99' beast and I'm here to lay out the truth to all your hershey highway loving wrx flamers. Yes.. "I rolled up like vin diesel" calling you out? Sorry son, no one knows or likes your blue payless shoe-box. I got a call from the guys I knew that chill up at parkway while I was down in glen burnie at the races. They said there are some people running so I was just gonna go to put a little money down. When I get there, they said there are no races so I decided to start something up. I'm really glad I brightened up your simple life by providing the sight of a girl whom will never look at you, along with a fantasy of your lost teenage dream of being cool. It also seems like you forgot to leave something out of your perfect F&F moment. You must have forgotten to mention to your wrx fudge packing ass buddies that you got tore a new a*ssh*le to lube up for that fat f**k you rolled up with, by a fwd POS eclipse 10 min later (damn thats a run-on sentance!). Therefore giving me back the $$ I lost, and you loosing the $$ you told your wrx ***s you left with. So anyways I left with the hot girl and my $$ back And you left with that fat f**k, who im sure pitched a tent for that lubed up new a*ss*h*ole of yours.

Hmmmm, 18G's? how the *f**k did I have 18G's without any kind of fuel management, fmic, or boost controller. You proved your stupidity in addition to your homosexuality by this belief. As for my old car, whom you mistook being previously owned by the owner of altered yet was built by AAM, does run low 11's and would piss on your "top mount" ***. I am a friend of the owner of altered thats why the banner is on my car... not because it is a monster AAM VR4 (although it will be in some time). Regardless, Congragulations! you beat a bogging almost BONE stock VR4. How can such an event cause you to write an over exagerated fairy tale of the event? could it be that you have too much time on your hands? na, it was because you wanted to be reamed from behind by your wrx buddies.

As for my "excuse", there was none. I simply said I bogged like hell (slumped down to 2 grand) off the line... and you did leave as I was slipping the clutch, yet I did not use that as an excuse. I lost. Regardless, I could care less about what a bunch of 16yr old wrx owners think about me using bogging as an excuse.

From all the hype of your cool friends on the wrx board, I truly forgot that the wrx was one of the japanese supercars... how can you even compare your walmart lunch box to a 3S? its like comparing a lamborghini to a yugo. Think about it... japanese supercar or a k-mart blue light special.

Doug, I thought you were actually a respectfull, cool guy but you definitely proved yourself as a flaming homo. In fact, from reading the thread on wrxclub, especially the 1st page, I've come to the conclusion that ALL wrx owners are anal avengers. I'm sorry I have stifled your false fast and the furious fantasy, but your gay parade had to be shutdown. As said on the 3Si board... 3KGT's pull fine women and turn heads, you pick up men at gay bars and turn trick at dupont circle.

I will come up to parkway with my car still untouched, except for a new turbo timer (oh no that must give me 60hp!)... and we can take another crack at it.

-Ryan A.
    Last edited by StreetRacer; 06-27-2002 at 10:33 PM.
    Only AAM knows my secrets.

1996 3000GT SL Ameithyst Pearl - R.I.P. (wrecked)
    1995 3000GT VR4 Modded to all hell 525AWHP - Sold!
    1998 Mercedez-Benz SLK230 Kompressor - Sold!
    2001 Yamaha R6 Highly modded - Sold!
    1999 3000GT VR4 - awww sucka! Currently getting modded

Originally posted by StreetRacer
    You proved your stupidity in addition to your homosexuality
    AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH, holy **** man couldn't have said your post any better than that!! HAHAHAHHA
    AIM: The1NamedMarc

WRXrUgly
    Geez, you guys may have a quick little econobox, but so what?
    Anyone can supe up those little boxcars.... even the factory...
    You know what? They are still ugly.
    Sorry you spent your cash on it....
    I guess you fit the "well known" profile?

Dr. Rog
    1995 VR4 - Yes it is pretty, just like the women it attracts!

Fact: VR4 faster stock then WRX stock
    Fact: VR4 faster modded then WRX modded
    FACT: VR4 Classy and Sleek, WRX BOXCAR UGLY!

Have a nice day

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.