Street Racing a VR4 - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing a VR4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I give up. They hate the WRX. Their car is better. They can have them. Ours sucks. It's slow. JagVR4, ...

I give up. They hate the WRX. Their car is better. They can have them. Ours sucks. It's slow.

JagVR4, Thanks for being reasonable with me....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    Anyway, back to actual topic, the WRX vs 3000GT thing. I raced one and I beat it. End of story. Thats the topic....
    Just thought I'd reiterate the only real point made on this thread.

The rest of it is just a bunch of boys on the schoolbus cussin' and swearing over who's father's car is faster.

Why don't you VR-4 guys just arrange for a date to go out to a local dragstrip with dug-e-fresh and tell us about the results? Or tell us an entertaining story of how you raced a WRX and won? You know, adult-like.

Originally posted by bedabi

Just thought I'd reiterate the only real point made on this thread.

The rest of it is just a bunch of boys on the schoolbus cussin' and swearing over who's father's car is faster.

Why don't you VR-4 guys just arrange for a date to go out to a local dragstrip with dug-e-fresh and tell us about the results? Or tell us an entertaining story of how you raced a WRX and won? You know, adult-like.
    I've been trying to make that point for quite a while. It's useless.

well put... both of you... I am sorry I got wrapped up into the "war"... oh well, I try not to.

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

ok one thing,i don't hate the wrx by any means in fact it and the lancer evo hold a little place in my heart hehe, being that they can outrun lots of other cars with 4 people in them hehe, i'm just defending the car i drive

and personally i think this whole weight argument is hilarious, all you guys seem to do (along with the mustangs) is complain about our weight and our price, personally i could give a rat's ass about price as it has nothing to do with a cars reliability or performance, after a car is bought, its bought, and this whole weight thing haha, we weigh 700 POUNDS MORE stock and can still outrun a wrx stock for stock, and somewhere around 400-500 pounds more than stang gt's and can outrun them too...i actually take it as a compliment
    1992 3000gt vr4
    blitz sbc-dc boost controller
    k&n fipk
    stillen downpipe
    blitz super sound blow-off valve
    greddy cat-back exhaust

Stang GT's arent anything to brag about. We can outrun them too.

Originally posted by junaitari
    I give up. They hate the WRX. Their car is better. They can have them. Ours sucks. It's slow.

JagVR4, Thanks for being reasonable with me....
    Hey no problem, I don't like car arguments hehe. I love the WRX, VERY cool car, and for a car that puts 100 ponies less it runs VERY close to the VR4 (stock). Its all opinion anyways, im sure there are lots who like WRX's more than VR4's. WRX is def. not slow, also I bet its a really fun car to mod, lots of potential! Dug-e-fresh obviously has a very fast WRX, and he beat the 99 VR4, so I gotta give props to him.
    95 VR4
    Nitto NT555's
    MBC
    Autometer Boost Gauge

the reason i included stang gt's in the previous post is because you guys have the same weight/price argument against us
    1992 3000gt vr4
    blitz sbc-dc boost controller
    k&n fipk
    stillen downpipe
    blitz super sound blow-off valve
    greddy cat-back exhaust

Lol, well I know someone who would run the Supra, his name is Matt Monett from Dynamic Racing (www.dynamicracing.com), he owns the fastest 3/S, he runs 10.8 stock interior, drag radials (street car). 10.956 without NOS. From a stop, youd be hard pressed to find a Supra that could run with that (on the street). He would accept the challenge too. Sorry I have to say this dug, you sound like a Supra fanboy to me. All caught up in the hype, the Supra is not the end all be all of cars.
    If I were caught up in the hype, I would have bought one. When it comes to drag racing, the Supra will go down as one of the greats.... if you dont believe that, then you are in denial. I mean just about everything about the car is overbuilt. The tranny, rearends, axles, bottom-end... most all of it will reliably handle 7-800hp+...

All the local Supras are running 10s, off the bottle... 28 psi. Full interior, speakers, full cage on drag radials, too. That and 19 inch rims... on full slicks they'd be mid 10 sec. cars.... ever heard of MSP Performance (employee of Bullish Racing defected and started his own company)? They run a street driven (sometimes) Supra that pulls low 9s and probably will pull 8s very soon. This is where these guys get their cars tuned.

The Supra's may not get out of the hole as well as the VR4, but after that its catch-up and overtake time. These guys trap in the mid-130s.... I am sorry, they are badass....no hype there.

def
    Last edited by dug-e-fresh; 06-27-2002 at 12:56 PM.

Dug-e-fresh obviously has a very fast WRX, and he beat the 99 VR4, so I gotta give props to him.
    thanks...

BTW- what do your cars run in the 1/4? (JagVR4 & 3kGTTwinTurbo)

def
    Last edited by dug-e-fresh; 06-27-2002 at 01:02 PM.

The thing about Mustangs is they take very well when built right to nitrous, turbos, superchargers and such.

There is a local FOX body owner whose car runs low 10s... he drives it around, his race car (looks just like the 10 sec one) runs 8s.

And then theres the local Grand Nationals.... sick, absolutely sick... these cars are already drag legends!! The thing about a GN is, its hard to tell if it runs 13s or 9s!!!

def

im stupid but i have no idea what grand nationals are
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Originally posted by ViciousVolpe
    im stupid but i have no idea what grand nationals are
    Buicks

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    '99 3000GT= 3737lbs & 320hp

'99 dodge viper= 3383 & 450hp, not even close
    '01 lamborghini diablo= ???? 550hp!!!!
    '98 supras= 3445 & 320hp...
    '96 300zx= 3502 & 300hp
    '99 911 turbos= 3395 & 415hp!!

Dude you are way out there....

so a vr4 is 2-300 lbs more than those cars not includeing the diablo which I think is heavier....why wouold a 290,000+sports car wight that much? what they ran out of carbon fiber and had to use lead?...hihahaha there is a reason exspensive cars weight so much. My point is, the majority of nice sports cars are heavy.
    anything over 3200 heavy in my book.

We are not talking a full second unless a STOCK 3000GT is running 13.1-13.2.... Lets say they run 13.8... well a WRX runs 14.1 and 14.2s...

why not say the 3000gt runs 14.3? yes some guys run stock 3/S's 13.0 e.t. stock.

And back to mah first post, BRING IT on,....I challange any wrx to race my 3000gt, and why not video tape it and put post the vid.
    Bring some cash too.
    A pearl white 1994 3000gt 49,900 miles....

I am sure there are a few that would go for that... Not me, not yet anyway.

Ok... here we go... I will find the curb weight for a Diablo... I got lazy, give me a second.......

ok... they weigh 3740... 3lbs more than a VR4.... and they run 12 flat in the quarter at 122mph.

Happy?

3200 is heavy... but nearly 3800 is obese... Imagine what your car could do if it DID weigh 3200, imagine how well it would handle...imagine how hard it would accelerate!!

I cant see a stock VR4 running 13.0... nah, not even with a redline launch... sounds like to me there someone on your boards that have you believing the impossible.... but hey if you guys accepted it, more power to ya. I would call BS if someone told me that a 100% stock off the showroom floor WRX ran a 13.5 let alone 13.0...

Whomever it was could have easily unhooked the wastegate and ran max boost, technically stock, but not really... Supra owners with the stock twins do that all the time.

def

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.