Street Racing a VR4 - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing a VR4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by dug-e-fresh Whomever said that the 3000GT has almost 100 more ponies.... have we already forgotten that it ...

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh

Whomever said that the 3000GT has almost 100 more ponies.... have we already forgotten that it also has SEVEN HUNDRED more pounds to pull around!! 700!!! Do you know how much weight that is?
    Dude, I was backing you up. I said that they had 100 more ponies and should be way faster, but they're not. Their numbers aren't that impressive stock. Which is because of the weight. GO read my 2 posts again and you'll see.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I gotcha... I was trying to respond to too many posts at once. I was scanning... picked that up and went with it.... sorry.

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

It's all right!

So sorry to hear about the VR4 guy. Keep us posted as to his condition. Definitely praying for him...
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

um... actually my color is one of the rarest colors on a 3/s. thats why i bought it. and second who the **** are you to talk about colors? you have a subaru. a blue friken subabru. boy those are original... a stock vr-4 would and can whip the **** out of a stock subaru. no question. i dont see how you weigh 700 pounds less. if you are telling me that your car weighs 3000 im not buying it. i wont believe it. vr-4's run mid 13's stock. your wrx's run mid 14's stock. full second buddy. you are slow. i know i have no room to talk, but on the subject of you vs. a vr-4 you are slow. get over it. this has nothing to do with the pansy ass supra owners. all they do is go from a roll. thats not even real racing.

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    um... actually my color is one of the rarest colors on a 3/s. thats why i bought it. and second who the **** are you to talk about colors? you have a subaru. a blue friken subabru. boy those are original... a stock vr-4 would and can whip the **** out of a stock subaru. no question. i dont see how you weigh 700 pounds less. if you are telling me that your car weighs 3000 im not buying it. i wont believe it. vr-4's run mid 13's stock. your wrx's run mid 14's stock. full second buddy. you are slow. i know i have no room to talk, but on the subject of you vs. a vr-4 you are slow. get over it. this has nothing to do with the pansy ass supra owners. all they do is go from a roll. thats not even real racing.
    The curb weight of a Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan is 3080 lbs.

-Jim

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Easy man, don't take things so personally! I do have to say though, the Subaru World Rally Blue is as unique as you can find...I think the only car that has a shade of blue as close to the World Rally Blue is the new Mazda Protege. The blue stands out, you've gotta admit that. I can't think of any car with a similar shade of blue...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Dude, chill! You have a 6 cylinder twin turbo that has 320 hp. we have a 4 cylinder single turbo that has 227 hp. Of course a stock VR-4 can beat a WRX. It should be able to even with more weight.

HE WAS MODIFIED!! HE BEAT A VR-4!! Get over it!

You must not be racing the right Supra owners... he he he... I have friends who race and can beat street bikes from a stop... they would not be afraid of ANY AWD ANYTHING this side of a Typhoon.

I dont care if its rare or not... so is the Blaze Yellow WRX..... yeah, like I want that....

Hey you dont have to believe me.... the curb weight published in every print referring to the WRX's curb weight is 3085 lbs. Look it up dumba$$!!

In case you didn't know... curb weight is a brand new car sitting on a scale with EVERY fluid topped off to the full mark. Including fuel. Fuel weighs 6-7 lbs per gallon. WRX tank= 15.9 gallons... weight of WRX with empty tank= ~2982.

WRX w/quarter tank (that would be about 4 gallons)= 3008lbs. Minus the spare and jack= ~2968... BUT, I personally have weighed my car in at 3060. I weigh 220. Thus racing weight = ~3280.

Well I dont believe you can run mid 13s... he he he... what I do know, is that my car with only a boost controller... at basically stock boost, ran 13.710... I could have done that with a $15 dollar homemade BC, but I opted for an SBC i-D.

Yeah, I got more done now... and yeah I run low 13s... and YEAH I beat a mildly modded '99 VR4.....how am I gonna get over something thats behind me? Sounds like your stuck on the WRX speed-bump... come on now, use that AWD... you can do it!! I think I can, I think I can I think I can.... repeat after me....

Dude you just dont get it do you. The WRX from the factory had been SO detuned its sick. Do you know we have 3 cats, one actually before the turbo? How about tumble generator valves... these are valves that close off part of the intake manifold up to 3000rpms... and do you have any idea how RICH these cars run? Then boost, ah yes boost... a STOCK WRX wont hit peak boost until 3rd gear... thats ECU controlled and THEN even when it hits peak boost the ECU tapers it from 14.3 at 5500rpms to 8-9psi at redline!!

The fact that the WRX can run 14s with all the freakin' emissions crap and the crappy stock boost maps is pretty amazing if you ask me. BTW- most STOCK WRXs can run low 14s with a good driver. By low I mean 14.1-14.3's.

Also, I see more 3000GTs, SLs, VR4s day to day than I EVER see a WRX, let alone a blue one. I can go weeks and not see another WRX unless I drive by the dealership.

Oh yeah, thats right though.... I am slow... that sums it all up. I am glad we have had these intellectual discussions here and I am glad we have come to a conclusion.... I am slow, all WRXs are slow.... you'll have to give me a day or so to get the word out. God knows we cant have WRXs driving around thinking they are fast.... especially because in a street race a VR4 lost to one...

Ya know what, I bet he was playing possum... Him and his boys bet $140 and they planned on losing. Thats a good one....

def

BTW- FYI... heres a list of some other vehicles that weigh close to 3800lbs

'99 Ford Explorer 2wd
    '99 Chevy Blazer 4wd
    '99 Buick Park Avenue Luxury Sedan
    '99 Isuzu Hombre Ext. Cab Truck 4wd
    '99 Pontiac Montana Minivan Van
    '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Midsize 2wd

Dont forget though.... you got em on power!!

just to clear up some points, you have 3 cats? so do we.....

you're boost tapers from peak down to 9psi or so after 5500rpms? so does ours.....

vr4 vs. wrx blah blah blah blah blah blah heh

as far as the comment of vr4's not running mid 13's stock, um, yeah, hehe, they do, not really any other way around it

and in my area, i see wrx's quite frequently, and have never even seen a vr4 other than mine in real life, you can't really have that kind of viewpoint seeing as there are a multitude of different cars, as well as the same cars, in pretty much every area of the country
    1992 3000gt vr4
    blitz sbc-dc boost controller
    k&n fipk
    stillen downpipe
    blitz super sound blow-off valve
    greddy cat-back exhaust

Thumbs down

Originally posted by junaitari

I said that they had 100 more ponies and should be way faster, but they're not. Their numbers aren't that impressive stock. Which is because of the weight.
    1) a full second from 13 to 14 seconds in the quartermile is a slaughter...not even close..what you never been to a drag strip?

-Yes they have 93 more hp anb yes they are way faster-

2) A car that can run mid 13s at just over 100mph is not that immpressive stock?

So in other words you are sayin none of the japenese sports cars that are no longer available in the US (300z/rx7/supra/skyline/vr4/) are impressive stock...Thats what you are saying cause they all just dam near the same times stock.
    A pearl white 1994 3000gt 49,900 miles....

BTW- FYI... heres a list of some other vehicles that weigh close to 3800lbs

'99 Ford Explorer 2wd
    '99 Chevy Blazer 4wd
    '99 Buick Park Avenue Luxury Sedan
    '99 Isuzu Hombre Ext. Cab Truck 4wd
    '99 Pontiac Montana Minivan Van
    '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Midsize 2wd

you forgot about
    dodge viper
    lamborghini diablo
    supras
    300zx
    911 turbos

You must not be racing the right Supra owners... he he he... I have friends who race and can beat street bikes from a stop...
    from a stop to? 160mph? I know they aint beating them outta the hole. they must be little 600cc if not huffys....lolol

[B]
    Yeah, I got more done now... and yeah I run low 13s... and YEAH I beat a mildly modded '99 VR4..../B]
    if your car runs low 13s is should beat the vr4, and especially if you put 2 cars on him outta the hole
    [B]

Ya know what, I bet he was playing possum... Him and his boys bet $140 and they planned on losing. Thats a good one....

Don't be so thick headed bro, some people have a game, it may not include taking your money..........

Smile lol

Lol, well I know someone who would run the Supra, his name is Matt Monett from Dynamic Racing (www.dynamicracing.com), he owns the fastest 3/S, he runs 10.8 stock interior, drag radials (street car). 10.956 without NOS. From a stop, youd be hard pressed to find a Supra that could run with that (on the street). He would accept the challenge too. Sorry I have to say this dug, you sound like a Supra fanboy to me. All caught up in the hype, the Supra is not the end all be all of cars.
    95 VR4
    Nitto NT555's
    MBC
    Autometer Boost Gauge

'99 3000GT= 3737lbs & 320hp

'99 dodge viper= 3383 & 450hp, not even close
    '01 lamborghini diablo= ???? 550hp!!!!
    '98 supras= 3445 & 320hp...
    '96 300zx= 3502 & 300hp
    '99 911 turbos= 3395 & 415hp!!

Dude you are way out there....

'99 Ford Explorer 2wd= 3891
    '99 Chevy Blazer 4wd= 3848
    '99 Buick Park Avenue Luxury Sedan= 3884
    '99 Isuzu Hombre Ext. Cab Truck 4wd= 3787
    '99 Pontiac Montana Minivan Van= 3780
    '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Midsize 2wd= 3879

We are not talking a full second unless a STOCK 3000GT is running 13.1-13.2.... Lets say they run 13.8... well a WRX runs 14.1 and 14.2s...

We have 3 cats on a 4 CYLINDER single turbo!! Are any of yours before your turbos? One of ours is...

and in my area, i see wrx's quite frequently, and have never even seen a vr4 other than mine in real life, you can't really have that kind of viewpoint seeing as there are a multitude of different cars, as well as the same cars, in pretty much every area of the country
    what are you talking about? What view... the view I have from my drivers window? I have 31k on my WRX, I bought it March 2001... I drive ALOT, and I see more 3000GTs, period. Red, green, white, blue... you name it.... I do most of my driving between DC, Baltimore and Philly, I think I witness a pretty good cross-section of cars in the area.

def

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.