Street Racing a VR4 - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing a VR4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by junaitari the point I'm trying to make is that it's not that much quicker. I think that's ...

Smile Ahhh

Originally posted by junaitari
    the point I'm trying to make is that it's not that much quicker. I think that's what doug-e-fresh is trying to say too. Lots of hp, not that impressive of times.

I'm not bashing your car. Love the VR-4. Just cost too much for a used car. Those things hold their value pretty well around here. Got my REX cause I wanted something new and I've had bad experiences with Mitsu's.
    Well not a whole TON faster but still faster! Yeah Mitsu can be a ****ty company sometimes, they are def. not always on top of things. Did you get a newer REX? I wouldn't think you would have to many good experiences with them either (engine). Still REX is a sweet car, def. cooler than the Supra IMO.
    95 VR4
    Nitto NT555's
    MBC
    Autometer Boost Gauge
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Got a 2002. So far so good on the engine. I don't mod though. It's been going 80 miles a day. for about a year now. Got 22000 miles on it. Only problem I've had is the stupid road construction dump trucks busting out my fog lights with their untarped, rock filled butts. Thanks for liking my car. I think it looks a lot better than a Supra, though I wouldn't mind having one. Something about a video I saw of one on a dyno pushing 874HP at the wheels. Wow!!!

Smile hehe

Man I know exactly how you feel about those newly paved roads, same thing is happening around my area! Yeah I like Supras, theres no doubt its a good reliable car, I just hate the hype that goes along with them (not to mention the jackasses that seem to get ahold of them). Yeah I love the WRX's, hell any car with AWD and turbo is cool in the books with me! Heres my beast:
    95 VR4
    Nitto NT555's
    MBC
    Autometer Boost Gauge

That's a beaut!! I'd post pics of mine, but If you've seen a stock black WRX with a spoiler, you've seen mine. Like I always say, I'm poor.

Definitely too much hyped, those supras. Much like a rustang. Kinda tired of hearing about them...

AWD RULES!!! Especially in the snow. Living in Iowa is so much fun in the winter. That's what sets our cars apart from all others. I'd race just about anything in the snow. It's so much fun to see all those RWD sports cars trying to get around in the snow and ice. My cousin had a supra a few years ago and we had a really bad ice storm. He got stuck spinning his tires on almost flat ground! I've had no trouble with my car. Will probably never own anything but AWD.

Thumbs up sup Yo

Originally posted by ViciousVolpe

3000gt's are very and i mean VERY heavy. i dont think they have very good top end speed either.

you drive a civic or somethin and your talkin bout
    top end speed.....hahhihihihiihi

well wtf!.....since these wrx's or so dam fast bring it on....
    I'll race from a stop, a roll whatever you think is your strong point.

It would be cool if someone recorded the race, I'd prefer 0-160mph race just to get it all out.

then maybe post the video "sticky" so every on wrx forum knows how slow the 3000gt is.

So after readin this thread I learned wrx is the new jap supercar.......I wanna see in person how fast these boxes are out da hole...........................................wha t up?
    A pearl white 1994 3000gt 49,900 miles....

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: sup Yo

Originally posted by beast

well wtf!.....since these wrx's or so dam fast bring it on....
    I'll race from a stop, a roll whatever you think is your strong point.

It would be cool if someone recorded the race, I'd prefer 0-160mph race just to get it all out.

then maybe post the video "sticky" so every on wrx forum knows how slow the 3000gt is.

So after readin this thread I learned wrx is the new jap supercar.......I wanna see in person how fast these boxes are out da hole...........................................wha t up?
    I personally think a 3000GT will beat a WRX mod for mod, given equal drivers, so don't think I'm getting on your case here Beast. My only beef is, racing 0-160? Where do you plan on doing that? Your 3000GT would win by default in that race anyway since our stock gearing limits us to about 135-140 tops
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Re: Re: sup Yo

Originally posted by Verdugo

My only beef is, racing 0-160? Where do you plan on doing that? Your 3000GT would win by default in that race anyway since our stock gearing limits us to about 135-140 tops

140mph is fine 120 whatever, 1/4 mile....

As of the place, I can arange that
    A pearl white 1994 3000gt 49,900 miles....

and as far as whoever was comparing supras against 3000gt's, reiterating what AWDTWNTURBO said....

supra needs 680whp to get 10.6, at least according to dug-e-fresh
    and a vr4/ r/t tt 525-550whp (650-700 CRANK hp-same as supra's WHP) to get 10.8....well....yeah....there you go...its not JUST about pwr/weight, you have to take POWER CURVE and drivetrain into consideration, supra's power curve is not that great

and vr4's arent that fast?? riiight, every wrx (along with s2000, because theyve said the same thing) that ive seen run at the track cant even break 14.7
    1992 3000gt vr4
    blitz sbc-dc boost controller
    k&n fipk
    stillen downpipe
    blitz super sound blow-off valve
    greddy cat-back exhaust

Originally posted by wrXXX
    AmethystGTO - VR4s are not that fast. I have raced a few of them in Atl and always take them. Thats when I only had mbc and full exhaust. Do you know Brandon with license plate RUINER? We raced from a roll and he pulled maybe 1/2 car length on me from 30-90 and now I know I would kill him with my new turbo.

Point is that VR4s aren't all that fast and a WRX can take em. Trust me, I know.
    Guys, Ruiner was in a bad wreck tonight in the VR4. From what I hear the VR4 is totaled and he was air lifted to the hospital. At this point we are told he was hit by Semi (not sure on truck type) that ran a red light. Here is a link to the thread on 3SI, http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=87056
    Now lets pull together and pray for him and hope he makes it through!
    95 VR4
    Nitto NT555's
    MBC
    Autometer Boost Gauge

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by JagVR4

Guys, Ruiner was in a bad wreck tonight in the VR4. From what I hear the VR4 is totaled and he was air lifted to the hospital. At this point we are told he was hit by Semi (not sure on truck type) that ran a red light. Here is a link to the thread on 3SI, http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=87056
    Now lets pull together and pray for him and hope he makes it through!
    Oh ****...I hope he'll be ok
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Re: sup Yo

Originally posted by beast
    [B]

/B]
    who r u and why do i care who you are or what you drive?
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

dug e, you are a ****in moron. the reason supras run faster is that with all the hp, they have less drivetrain loss. they can also use slicks. even on matt monetts run, i think his 60 ft time was only like 1.6. dont go comparing supras to 3/s's. the issue is that wrx's stock, suck a$$. their traps blow hairy goat. if it wasnt for awd, your cars would be slower than crap. face it, without awd, your cars suck. when modding its different. i love the wrx, but your cars arent invincible. neither are ours, but ours are better and do not attract gay men.

edited by Root- Please clean up the langauge
    Last edited by Root; 06-26-2002 at 11:43 PM.

Let's keep the langauge clean.

I hate having to moderate posts, becaused I have to come up with other words for your post when folks have a potty mouth.

Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

You guys amuse me... ... I would say you need to chill out, but this is getting too funny!

Apparantly you guys dont get where I was going with the whole Supra vs 3000GT thing. I'll finish that up by saying, bring your VR4 no matter how fast and I will have a Supra there to spank it.

OK, thats that....

Anyway, back to actual topic, the WRX vs 3000GT thing. I raced one and I beat it. End of story. Thats the topic.... thats the facts. Everything beyond that is off topic. I have maybe $1500 ($1000 of which was the EBC and piggyback) worth of stuff done to a mid 20k car. And none of it is major work. I would say with a full exhaust, intake and a BOV that the 3000GT I raced had close to the same dollar amount of mods....on a 40k car.

I run my little stock 440cc injectors, stock fuel pump, stock turbo, stock exhaust, stock intake, stock intercooler, stock tranny, stock wheels w/new rubber, FULL interior... My only major mods (and they are really not major) I have are an electronic boost controller (running less than 2 psi over stock at 16 psi) and an A/F and Timing piggyback ECU...THATS IT. 2 pieces of electonics... wow.

To answer what 60 foot times a WRX can pull at the track... good drivers STOCK can pull high 1.8s, lightly modded easy low 1.8s high 1.7s.... pretty darn good mods & a good driver... low 1.7s high 1.6s...

Whomever said that the 3000GT has almost 100 more ponies.... have we already forgotten that it also has SEVEN HUNDRED more pounds to pull around!! 700!!! Do you know how much weight that is?

At any rate, I would estimate.... hmmm... about $4k-$6k in mods (depending on selection) for a WRX to run 11s. Its been done or close to it for that much bank. And thats with nothing special... bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, bigger turbo, full exhaust, maybe headers...., a frontmount or topmount upgrade, maybe a 50 shot of nitrous for good measure.... no internal work... and boost, eh... about 22psi or so. Keep in mind that ALL WRX parts are still pretty expensive right now. Injectors (4) just dropped below $500 in the last month or so... and we are still learning how to tune our cars.

Sad to hear about the accident with the 3000GT driver... I hope he's ok... you can replace the car, you cant the driver. Best of luck to him....

NOONE ever said that a WRX is invincible... I have lost too many times to think that... ... Most of my losses come from your little brothers though, the 1st and 2nd gen DSM twins, Eclipses and Talons.... done right, they are much easier to make faster than your car will EVER be.

Also... a stock WRX is drag limited to 143mph... STOCK. Add more power and they will go faster. I personally have had my up to around 150... its an estimate based on the fact the speedo only goes to 140... but the needle was past the letters MPH on the dial.... plus I had a friend in an MR2 following me... he hit 150 and I was pulling slowly away... say I say 150 for me. 5th gear in a WRX would redline at 180 IF the power was there... of course that would be ALOT of power.... 4th and 5th are just too overdriven.

You 3000GT owners do know that the Lancer EVO replaced the 3000GT as the top performer in the Mitsu line-up a long time ago. The 3000GT slipped to a grand touring spot before it was discontinued. And guess whos the number one competition for the EVO in Japan? You guessed it.... the WRX STi. Theres 2 of your jap Supercars... the EVO VII and the WRX STi... of course you have the Skyline too... and then the NSX and RX-7... cant forget those.

Nah I could have got a used car loan easily... I make enough bank where that would not have been a problem. But, I also have a wife and a little girl... the wife had some say-so and the little girl needed some room, otherwise I would own a '94 Supra (OBD I).... I guarantee that. But I weighed things out... and bought a WRX, and I am happy.

Where did I ever get worked up? You guys are funny... well I have written enough for now... enjoy!

def, the stupid engineer.
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

BTW- do you think you could post the link to the site you VR4 guys are getting this link from...

I imagine mr. AmethystGTO (pretty color BTW, I bought my daughter a new dress that color for her b-day) has been posting on a VR4 forum and I would like to read the thread. I am sure it would be some good reading....

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.