Street Racing a VR4 - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing a VR4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have heard the skepticism before trust me... I actually expect it!! However, I have ALL my time slips including ...

I have heard the skepticism before trust me... I actually expect it!! However, I have ALL my time slips including the 13.097 pass and I have alot of witnesses.

On i-club I have been through it... I think now I am trusted.

Every now and again I get together with a friend mikaust (i-club user name)... well, hes got a VF30 (had a pe1818), STi injectors, BPM topmount, BPM turboback, STi mounts, BPM flywheel, Type RA clutch, and some other stuff. The first 4 things I dont have.... anyway, when we do rolling runs for fun I usually pull on him pretty good at first. Once his turbo gets going he'll lock me in.... but it still takes a good bit for him to make up the lost ground and actually begin to pass me. He gets custom tunes from TXS for his setup with his best results being 285hp to the wheels.

I dont think I am making anywhere near that power... but for some reason my car keeps up with his VERY well. BTW- his best run was a 13.04 @ 105...

def

n2trble111- I contact ya with some info....
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't think anyone can argue that the Stage 0 is not the best bang for the buck package out there. To put a car in the low 13's for $1000 is just [Mike Tyson voice] LUDICROUS! [/Mike Tyson voice]
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

LOL! LUDIQUIS!! ABSOWUTELY LUDIQUIS!!!

I didnt think Tyson was talking yet after getting beat up... I mean BEAT the faulk UP!!

def

the old "i bogged" excuse never fails.

a wise man once said "it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile. winning is winning".

-eric m.

"it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile. winning is winning"
    Someone had to say it!!

Me thinks its was closer to a mile though... j/k

But yeah the bog excuse however true it may be is just that, an excuse. I know before I have bogged off the line in a race... the result? I lost... but I never once mentioned it to the person I raced against... they beat me, thats all that mattered, I would not want to take away from their victory... that is unless they were a punk ass... then I would want to go again... but thats a different story. I was cool to the guy, he was cool to me (other than the excuse thing).

Anyway, like I said too... I bogged abit also!!

def

that's the good/bad thing about street racing. there are no R/Ts, no 60' times...so it's just like..whoever hits the end mark first wins. no excuses.

it's all good. the main thing is that you embarrassed the other guy with a car that cost 1/2 as much as his.
    -eric m.

and you took an awd car by 2 cars off the line? i find this very hard to believe... since you were both awd, i would think that it would be even. and he should have beaten you. and i doubt it was a real 99 vr-4.

theres always one.... .... OK, here we go....

AmethystGTO-

It WAS a '99 3000GT... it had the flat style touring wing... it had turbos, I saw the actuators.... it had a BOV (a Blitz one actually) and it had dual side-mount intercoolers that were flat black, it also had a six speed tranny.

I guess it could have been a fake... but then again, if it were, someone when a long way (and alot of money) to make it LOOK like a mildly modified stock-like 3000GT VR4.... which would be stupid. If you were gonna turbo charge an NA 3000GT, most would opt for a big single... not a stock dual set-up. Oh well... what do I know....

He said he bogged off the line... I am not sure if you drive an AWD car (although your USER name has GTO in it, you could mean a 1960s muscle car rather than a Jap-Spec 3000GT), but if you bog off the line its pretty tough to recover from. We both did.... but I was able to salvage my launch by feathering the clutch a bit more, he wasn't... but it didn't matter anyway, I pulled on him up to 4th gear anyway.

He had a vanity plate too... 1STUNNA... one was stunned, but not me!!

Ahhh... I'm the number one stunna!! Ah ah ah, the number one stunna.....

def
    Last edited by dug-e-fresh; 06-21-2002 at 06:03 AM.

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    theres always one.... .... OK, here we go....

He had a vanity plate too... 1STUNNA... one was stunned, but not me!!

Ahhh... I'm the number one stunna!! Ah ah ah, the number one stunna.....

def
    i was thinking maybe it meant either "1 STUN N/A" whatever that means, or "I STUN N/A". i know, sounds dumb, i guess i have a hard time believing someone would be so stupid to put something like "stunna" on a license plate. anyway..he lost, fair and square. just because 2 cars are AWD does not mean they are equal. do you have only the stage 0 doug, or were you one of the stage 1 testers? i can't remember. with stage 1, there is no way that mitsubishi would beat you, i think.
    -eric m.

Just stomping on the gas while in gear and doing pulls from say 3k to 5k I get the following values when running strong:

1st- 0.81
    2nd- 0.53
    3rd- 0.36

That night I was down on power a little... I was pulling:

1st- 0.75
    2nd- 0.49
    3rd- 0.31

Just for comparison, my car pulls similar G-Forces with dug-e-fresh's car.
    With 130rwkw before (170rwhp) I was pulling 0.79, 0.56g in 1st and 2nd. That's pod filter, 3" dump pipe, hi-flow cat and 2.25" cat back.
    Now I've upgraded my pulley, Unichip and boost conservatively mapped due to standard cooler, and its running 150rwkw (201rwhp), I haven't tried my G-Tech yet...

Just wanted to know what power I need to nail in the AWD launched WRXs to get low 13's, that's all.

What is stage 0 on the WRX guys?
    What power level are we looking at?

Cheers
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

stage 0 is available from www.vishnuperformance.com and according to sport compact car magazine a couple months back, the stage zero gets about 41 HP over stock, according to their dyno testing. that is significant, and you will notice the difference. turbo lag is reduced a lot, and it's a good deal for only $1100 USD. an ECU harness is now available which i am very upset about, but whatever.

the stage .5 and stage 1 are coming soon. they are claiming approx 305hp with the stage 1, which is a lot. this is not wheel HP, but crank HP, but it's still a good number to throw around. also keep in mind that vishnu is very concerned with reducing lag and making the car more responsive and fun to drive, not just making it have high HP numbers on the dyno. i mean, look at all the 700HP supras that can barely get 13 second 1/4 mile times.

anyway, stage 2 is coming. then we will see who the big boys are when it comes to tuners. turboxs stage 4 is great, but i have a feeling that vishnu's new intercooler and upgraded turbo, coupled with their new turboback exhaust, auxilliary electronics and updated unichip map will dominate almost any other bolt on tuning kit available. of course, this is all speculation, and i am only stating my opinion, but so far i have been very impressed with vishnu performance.

go to the website to see 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. very impressive, i think.
    -eric m.

Thanks for that info...

Its always great learning about rival cars
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

ok, first things first. many and i mean MANY people do the 99 conversion on the stealth/3k. and second, NO ONE has ever done a single turbo successfully that i am aware of. NOT ONE!!. yes, most people with an n/a that want to put turbos on, put the TT motor in. not a single turbo.

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    ok, first things first. many and i mean MANY people do the 99 conversion on the stealth/3k. and second, NO ONE has ever done a single turbo successfully that i am aware of. NOT ONE!!. yes, most people with an n/a that want to put turbos on, put the TT motor in. not a single turbo.

Yea, no one ever does single turbo conversions on 3s's. Let me get things straight. I know who you guys are talking about, my boy Street Racer. He just recently got his Black 99 VR4 a month ago. When I last saw his car he had only exhaust and intake. He STILL has STOCK turbos. You shouldn't be ragging on him anyways, in a few weeks he'll be back... TRUST ME. Also, who walks away with the hotter girl and better looking car?
    Last edited by Vendetta; 06-26-2002 at 10:44 PM.

that would be the car... but whos raggin' on him? I am having fun with his tag, and joking around using references to a movie and a song... and I didn't even bring the movie up.... And actually I paying him a compliment about the girl...

Oh well... some people just dont see the humor.

OK- 3000GT owners use upgraded twins, whatever... I wasn't thinking... I guess on a V configured 6 cylinder engine it wouldn't make much since (or be very easy) to make it a single turbo, I have inline 6s, rotaries, or 4 cylinders on the brain most of the time... thus the ease of upgrading to a big single.....

Want my stock turbo? I heard its an upgrade for you 3000GT guys... all youd need is another one and youd be set.

As far as him having stock turbos.. thats fine, thats what I thought. But like I said... on the street, and in the scene you here things... you dont know what to believe and what not to believe. Heck, according to some people (so I have heard) this guy in a Blue WRX runs low 12s, has a 50 shot of nitrous and runs water injection. Yeah, its me they are talking about... and no I dont run a 50 shot or water injection or even run 12s, let alone low 12s.... I have an intercooler sprayer though. Makes me laugh when I hear things like that...

Also, who walks away with the hotter girl and better looking car? Tell me if this was the car you saw.
    Well since I dont bring my girl to those things... if I walk away with any girl... I'll be in trouble...... yeah my wife would be pretty pissed.... and as far as hotter, hmmmm well I wouldn't say that, but thats my opinion, right?

Now the better looking car thing.... I dont know... I am pretty sure if I wanted a 3000GT I would have got one... I mean all said and done I paid $27,000 for my WRX... could have gotten alot of REAL nice cars for that price... a Supra, an RX-7, 3000GT or a 300ZX.... and I would have got them in that order.... IF I didn't get my WRX.

Honestly I like the wing on the 98 3000GTs better... but hey, call me weird, after all I did buy a WRX over everything else. Oh well.... but ya know.... guess what? I am VERY happy with my descision. The only time I doubt the WRX, is when I see my friends make low 11 and high 10 second passes with their Supras...

def

BTW- if he comes back, I am sure I will have someone for him... it wont be me as I already made my money...but rest assured, theirs always someone.....
    Last edited by dug-e-fresh; 06-24-2002 at 10:00 AM.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.