Street Racing a VR4 - Page 10
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racing a VR4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by jmussetter I believe the top speed of a VR4 is like 157MPH or something and it is ...

Originally posted by jmussetter

I believe the top speed of a VR4 is like 157MPH or something and it is because it is drag limited.

drag limited? Tell me sir how much faster should a vr4 go with 230 hp to the wheels?... So what your saying is if the vr4 had better aero dynamics the 230 wheel hp should push a 4000lb car(with driver) to speeds of 160+?170mph+....

Both of these cars have transmission problems. How many of you VR4 guys running over 600hp are on their first tranny? Not many I know don't try to BS me. I've talked to too many guys on 3SI.ORG that are on their 5th and 6th tranny for their car.

Tell me sir, who on 3si has over 600hp first off, then tell about their trannsmission problem.

The weight of a VR4 is it's biggest pitfall, 700 pounds difference is a lot. 100lbs is about equilivilant to .1 sec 1/4mi time. So the weight difference alone slows the VR4 down by about 7/10th of a second if all other variables between the two were identical.

I guess in your world of internet racing torque has nothing to do with acceleration. So only weight is the defining variable....

If someone got a 13.0 then they were AT LEAST using weight reduction. Did he have his interior pulled? You may have a video of it, but in racing, there are loosers, and there are cheaters, and I can almost guarantee that this thing wasn't running as if off the showroom floor, NO way.

Since your MR know it all 3si then you outta know him\...his name is Joe G. and yes his BONE stock rt runs very low 13's repeaditly.

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First of all, StreetRacer, your 21 and have a VR4, so you think your the s**t. I felt the same way when I bought my 3000GT when I was 18, beat that! Oh, and I had it all moded out well before I was 21 years old.
    StreetRacer had a low 11sec 95 VR4 before he sold it a couple years ago... So actually, he did beat you haha.

And probably made more money than you too, I would be carefull of the words you pick about someone you don't even know.
    You don't even know StreetRacer so how can you talk crap about him? Don't be a hypocrite because you sound very stupid that way.

I was an active member on 3SI.ORG under the same screen name as here, and have never seen this kind of behavior from anybody over there before.
    I've seen many things go bad, both from people on 3si and other people coming from different forums. You must've not been paying much attention.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey guys if you guys don't have anything good to say it. 3000GTs are nice cars and if you think your car is better than the WRX that's cool, everyone has different opinions. When it comes down to it it's all the driver becuase the ****tiest driver and that's the end of it. The more money you have the faster car you can get and that doesn't really mean much in my opinion. I don't go around other forums and make rude comments about other cars if they're slow or ugly or whatever. Anyways... let's try to make this board an enjoyable place for people to share knowledge and information.
    Tim
    Admin

drag limited? Tell me sir how much faster should a vr4 go with 230 hp to the wheels?... So what your saying is if the vr4 had better aero dynamics the 230 wheel hp should push a 4000lb car(with driver) to speeds of 160+?170mph+....
    Compared to other 320HP sports cars, top speed on the VR4 is the slowest. ie: supra, 300zxTT,RX-7 etc.

Since your MR know it all 3si then you outta know him\...his name is Joe G. and yes his BONE stock rt runs very low 13's repeaditly.
    No I don't reconize the name, but if he did it in an RT, maybe that's why. Don't RT weigh less than VR4's since chrysler didn't put all-wheel steering on those? In fact, a lot of the 3si records are held with stealths for that reason.

You guys are sounding just as bad to us as the Mustang guys do on 3si.org. Feel like you just MUST bug someone?

All I was trying to get at was that...I don't care how fast they can be, this particular WRX beat that particular 3KGT. Don't tell me how your cars are better cause I already had one, and when the opportunity arose to start fresh with a completely new and different car, I chose the WRX OVER getting another 3KGT. 'Nuff said.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Originally posted by ukyo

LOL! Dude, the EVO did not "own" the 3000GT. It, much like the Supra, just ran it's life cycle. It's no big deal. Happens to every car sooner or later.

Just wanted to make sure that was understood...

I can tell you this, my slow VR-4 has beaten up on more Eclipses and Talons and Lasers than you can shake a stick at. I have only been beaten by one Eclipse, and a few weeks after he walked me he knocked off an 11.8, so I don't feel too bad over that one. Of course he had more money in his engine / turbo / supporting mods than I have in my entire car... including purchase and routine work. It's all good. My Eclipse GSX is WRX fodder. It's even uglier when my VR-4 gets ahold of it.

I'm game for some track time if any of you ATL WRX guys wanna run. Just let me know.

Why can't we all get along... Come one 3Si peeps. Don't come over here and insult their cars. Everyone talks big on their home turf. We do it... why can't they???
    I'm down for some track time against some VR-4s. Let me know when and I'll be there. I always like some friendly competition against cars.

And do you know Brandon O'Dell. If so, how is he doing and is he going to be alright? He was a good guy and we raced a few times in the past and I wish him luck and hope he will recover.

-Ryan
    '03 STi killer

Originally posted by wrXXX
    I'm down for some track time against some VR-4s. Let me know when and I'll be there. I always like some friendly competition against cars.
    Awesome! Where do you usually run the 1/4 at? I go to Silver Dollar alot, as I live South of the city, but I wouldn't pass up a chance to run at Commerce.

If things go according to plan we will rent Silver Dollar agian this year on a Sunday. Makes for an awesome track day. More runs than you could ask for. That would be an ideal time to get all the cars, 3/S, DSMs, Supras. WRXs, 300ZXs, RX-7s, etc, all in one place for a ton of runs and comparisons. No car shows, no bikini contests... it's just a day of running, tuning, and hanging out.

And do you know Brandon O'Dell. If so, how is he doing and is he going to be alright? He was a good guy and we raced a few times in the past and I wish him luck and hope he will recover.

-Ryan
    I know Brandon. All that I know on his condition is that he has showed vast signs of recovery. He has been breathing on his own far a few hours at a time and he is awake and coherent. They said it'll probably be at least another week before he is able to have visitors, but things are looking very good for him right now.

I guess it goes to show you that a heavy car is not always a bad thing. Had he been in a RX-7 or other small car he would not be with us right now. Kind of scary to see something like this happen in the blink of an eye...
    -- Travis

'97 3000GT - Gone but not forgotten...
    '97 Eclipse GSX AT - Too many mods, too darn slow...
    '94 3000GT VR-4 M6 - Gunning for low 12s.
    '97 Supra TT AT - BPU+ shooting for 116 MPH traps

I just wasted 50 minutes of my time for this??? I recently joined this club and was surprised to find a forum about street racing. Now I know why i-Club doesn't allow street racing stories
    Anyway, def's time is truly impressive considering his mod and it has been proven before in i-Club so I know he's not bsing.
    I have a slightly more mod than he does and I still can't break 14s I know, I know. I suck.
    It was an entertaining thread and hope to hear what happens in the 2nd week of July at the track

Doug

Disclaimer: I am in no way related to dug-e-fresh nor do I want to be I use the same nick in i-Club. So please, no flaming.

Originally posted by Dougeefresh
    Disclaimer: I am in no way related to dug-e-fresh nor do I want to be I use the same nick in i-Club. So please, no flaming.
    Welcome aboard the board! When I saw your name, I thought..."uh oh, someone is about to give Doug some crap." Thanks for not doing that.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Welcome Doug... I have been expecting you!

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Originally posted by WRXed

When I saw your name, I thought..."uh oh, someone is about to give Doug some crap."
    Hey, do i look like I drive a 3KGT?

Welcome Doug... I have been expecting you!
    I bet you have, def
    Now, you gonna give me the secret of your super power or what?

Doug

I have been into the whole MD/DC/VA streetracing scene since 98. I remember the Ryan's 3000GT. I was also there when the cops pulled him over and took the car that night. I come down from Baltimore with Sam and his crew. So I seen both of ya'll race. If you are the same blue WRX from I-70 then I remember when we all drove from Northern down to Metro and you ran the S4. We are all fam here. Instead talking sh*t to each other ya'll race again. Either on 70 or at the new spot. So I can make some money so I can get my Talon on the road. LOL Peace.

Originally posted by wrXXX

-Ryan
    Ask and you shall recieve! I know at least one WRX that I am going to be able to get out there, and I'd love to see more.

http://home.speedfactory.net/ukyo/trackday/home.htm

BTW, this link is also posted in the South East forum, as well...
    -- Travis

'97 3000GT - Gone but not forgotten...
    '97 Eclipse GSX AT - Too many mods, too darn slow...
    '94 3000GT VR-4 M6 - Gunning for low 12s.
    '97 Supra TT AT - BPU+ shooting for 116 MPH traps

I have been into the whole MD/DC/VA streetracing scene since 98. I remember the Ryan's 3000GT. I was also there when the cops pulled him over and took the car that night. I come down from Baltimore with Sam and his crew. So I seen both of ya'll race. If you are the same blue WRX from I-70 then I remember when we all drove from Northern down to Metro and you ran the S4. We are all fam here. Instead talking sh*t to each other ya'll race again. Either on 70 or at the new spot. So I can make some money so I can get my Talon on the road. LOL Peace
    Thats the thing... it didn't start out as talking sh!t... just stating facts... have you read the ENTIRE thread (I know its loooong )... but things degraded, thats what it turned into... by no fault of any one person here.

At any rate, we did race again... a couple of weeks ago though. There were 2 races... 1st one neither one of us drove our cars... second one he still didn't run his car... I ran mine... my car lost both races.... however the second race was pretty close.

Oddly enough, now his car is capable of 11s... or so he says. And just 2-3 weeks ago (when we raced) it was stock other than intake and exhaust.... odd. At any rate, I think now he had more done the second and third races we did.... THATS my opinion.

From an insider I know at least he added a boost controller for the 2nd and 3rd runs and there were RUMORS of a 50 shot.... oh well... if he's really running high 11s now then hes more of a match for Dominic or Avon, not me.... or perhaps that black RX-7 from Va.....

Lets see them race....

Your right... we are family, there isn't now or will there be any hardfeelings....

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

That's cool. I haven't been out there in a while. Im in the process of moving out of state so I haven't had time. But I will definitely be out there before I leave. Peace.

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh

well... if he's really running high 11s now then hes more of a match for Dominic or Avon, not me.... or perhaps that black RX-7 from Va.....

Lets see them race....

They're no match for him anymore. Just quit while you and your other WRX's have a little dignity left.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.