modded wrx vs stock evo8 & v6 eclipse
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on modded wrx vs stock evo8 & v6 eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home from work when I got behind the evo 8 on southwest parkway heading west ...

Thumbs up modded wrx vs stock evo8 & v6 eclipse

I was on my way home from work when I got behind the evo 8 on southwest parkway heading west and then making a left turn heading south on mopac threw the light when he dicide to take off. I was right there with him all the way until we caught up to some traffic. Then we met a the next light at william cannon a talk for a bit I told him what I had done to my car and that his was pretty much stock.

So any way sitting at the light a stock 04 eclipse pulls up in the third ouside lane the light turns green and were off and running the evo got the jump, but I'am real close you hear the rubber off the eclipse he just get's left behind . From 1st to 2nd the evo is pulling hard once I got in to third going into forth I reel him in good before shifting into fifth I probably got a bumpers lead's. Before shutting it down because of some traffic sunday drivers. I felt pretty good with the short but fun result .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What mods do you have?

Originally posted by WRX-Z
    What mods do you have?

What he said. Mods? You can't tell us a story without letting us know your mods?

fre

Re: modded wrx vs stock evo8 & v6 eclipse

Originally posted by keoni_c
    I was on my way home from work when I got behind the evo 8 on southwest parkway heading west and then making a left turn heading south on mopac threw the light when he dicide to take off. I was right there with him all the way until we caught up to some traffic. Then we met a the next light at william cannon a talk for a bit I told him what I had done to my car and that his was pretty much stock.

So any way sitting at the light a stock 04 eclipse pulls up in the third ouside lane the light turns green and were off and running the evo got the jump, but I'am real close you hear the rubber off the eclipse he just get's left behind . From 1st to 2nd the evo is pulling hard once I got in to third going into forth I reel him in good before shifting into fifth I probably got a bumpers lead's. Before shutting it down because of some traffic sunday drivers. I felt pretty good with the short but fun result .
    Where is the "This Post Is Worthless Without Mods List" thingy

This is indeed possible even with the 13B

A Stock Evo's topend is ok, but nothing spectacular, it is WAY detuned from the factory, so a modded WRX could pull one that is stock and possible having leaky IC pipes, which was VERY common from the factory, they are asses for that as it took me a month to figure that one out.:ma

STOCK, the Mistu Evo has a HUGE BIG 16G turbo, perfect match for the 2.0, BUT Mitsu allows it to spike to 19PSi for the torque numbaz. But sure enough the ECU yanks that boost back to 15PSI leaving the topend, although respectable, something to be desired. It also as an EXTREMELY RICH A/F ratio stock, just like the STi, so it yanks back boost and adds way to much fuel (MY stock car left a BLACK bumper on my car inside a week).

SO the 1st thing I did for my EVO was put on a MBC from my Talon, set it to hold 19.5 PSi to red, but NOOOOOOOOO Mitsu decided that they weren't gona tighten the IC clamps, so I still only got 16PSI no matter what, so I tighten the clamps, WAMO that car woke up with 19PSI, kept pulling up top. AFC leaned it out to make it run 2wice as good as it had a reasonable A/F Ratio.
    d: Those 2 mods allowed me to run away from an STI with just an intake.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

maybe I am misreading something, but how did the wankel get brought into this story?

maybe I am misreading something, but how did the wankel get brought into this story?

13B = Tiny Stock Turbo on the WRX
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

fre
    Originally posted by Evilevo8
    This is indeed possible even with the 13B

A Stock Evo's topend is ok, but nothing spectacular, it is WAY detuned from the factory, so a modded WRX could pull one that is stock and possible having leaky IC pipes, which was VERY common from the factory, they are asses for that as it took me a month to figure that one out.:ma

STOCK, the Mistu Evo has a HUGE BIG 16G turbo, perfect match for the 2.0, BUT Mitsu allows it to spike to 19PSi for the torque numbaz. But sure enough the ECU yanks that boost back to 15PSI leaving the topend, although respectable, something to be desired. It also as an EXTREMELY RICH A/F ratio stock, just like the STi, so it yanks back boost and adds way to much fuel (MY stock car left a BLACK bumper on my car inside a week).

SO the 1st thing I did for my EVO was put on a MBC from my Talon, set it to hold 19.5 PSi to red, but NOOOOOOOOO Mitsu decided that they weren't gona tighten the IC clamps, so I still only got 16PSI no matter what, so I tighten the clamps, WAMO that car woke up with 19PSI, kept pulling up top. AFC leaned it out to make it run 2wice as good as it had a reasonable A/F Ratio.
    d: Those 2 mods allowed me to run away from an STI with just an intake.
    Yea I upgraded to the evo stock turbo size, now I just need a better IC and I can up the boost Oh, I also need my fuel pump to stop frying my fuel pump control unit as well

I dont' know much about WRX's, but if you were shifting to 5th right before you shut down, you had to be going pretty fast right? I think 4th in my car goes up to 115 or somethin like that. You got balls goin speeds like that on a highway during midday.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

took my 4th gear to 127mph at about 6,800 rpm
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    13B = Tiny Stock Turbo on the WRX
    i think u mean "G", td04l-13G
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Lightbulb mods ?

Sorry guys about not putting the down.

Engine:

Helix uppipe
    Helix downpipe
    Borla Headers
    HKS c/f exhaust system
    HKS ssq bov
    Samco intercooler hoses
    K&N drop in filter
    Cobb stage 2 reflash......

O2 WRX Sedan White.....

fre
    Originally posted by Simp
    I dont' know much about WRX's, but if you were shifting to 5th right before you shut down, you had to be going pretty fast right? I think 4th in my car goes up to 115 or somethin like that. You got balls goin speeds like that on a highway during midday.
    Yea fourth gear in our cars ends at about 127-130. On that note I would probably never get that fast during the day heh.

Thumbs down passengers !

You guys are right is wasn't the smartest thing to do during the middle of the day was even more messed up is he had passengers in his car after the fact. I thought about a litte more cause I told the story to my wife...I know, I should have know better being I'am a 40 yr man no joke. I'am no teenager any more... Keep to the track.....and be safe !!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.