Gotta love Saturday mornings...LONG!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gotta love Saturday mornings...LONG!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just back from practice and on my way home had some pretty good runs. First one was an older style ...

J-H

Thumbs up Gotta love Saturday mornings...LONG!!!!!

Just back from practice and on my way home had some pretty good runs. First one was an older style Lexus SC430. I held this guy back until we hit a fairly decent turn and I just hammered through that thing. We hit the straightaway and he is maybe 5 cars back, I am doing 105. He keeps pushing and speeds climb to 115. I let off cause there was too much traffic.

Second one was a black painted honda civic hatchback with a fart can, big tach, "one wiper mod", etc, all the good stuff. I was almost home but decided to give it a go. This guy is sitting 4 cars ahead of me at the stop light. I make my up and shift right as I was passing him, so he heard the "psssh". We get back on the highway (opposite direction to my house) and we line up at about 70. He signals ahead, sorta, lets go type of deal. I downshift and I walked him (he had 3 people with him in the car). By the time I look back I see another car that sparks my interest (still driving away from home!!!!)

Third run was with a silver Camaro SS. I don’t know if he was modded or not but we played for a couple of miles. I am sure he did not give all he got because I was hanging with him until 135 ish. He slows down and I line up at around 85. I downshift and take the jump plus 1 car lead, I look back and his front end looks like its going to get off the ground. He blows by me….oh well, I guess he did unleash the fury on that run….nice guy. Gave him the thumbs up. He will probably be writing it somewhere…

So now I am 20 miles away from home and I slowly make it back. All of the sudden I see this BMW coming up on me. First I thought Z4, but it was a Z8 (or whatever they are called). I KNOW these things are fast, and after what happened with the camaro I knew that this guy could really put a hurting on both of us…I pull alongside him and give him the thumbs up. He nods and I follow him for 6 miles or so. I was hoping that he would put the hammer down but he only managed to slowly pull the bimmer to 120 or so. Nice car though..

All and all it was a good start for a Saturday morning….I always run some cool and fast cars on Saturday mornings. I don’t know what it is but it seems people get into the "cruising" mentality early Saturdays.

JH

One more!!! SL55 AMG.

I thought the camaro put a huritng on me. This guy absolutely destroyed me. Up to 100 I was OK, after that he was putting a car/second on me...no joke. I shut off at 120 and this guy was so far ahead of me...

I used up half a tank today and only ran 130 miles....That is some messed up milage that I am getting on rex....
    Last edited by J-H; 02-28-2004 at 04:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fre

Re: Gotta love Saturday mornings...LONG!!!!!

Originally posted by J-H
    Just back from practice and on my way home had some pretty good runs. First one was an older style Lexus SC430. I held this guy back until we hit a fairly decent turn and I just hammered through that thing. We hit the straightaway and he is maybe 5 cars back, I am doing 105. He keeps pushing and speeds climb to 115. I let off cause there was too much traffic.

Second one was a black painted honda civic hatchback with a fart can, big tach, "one wiper mod", etc, all the good stuff. I was almost home but decided to give it a go. This guy is sitting 4 cars ahead of me at the stop light. I make my up and shift right as I was passing him, so he heard the "psssh". We get back on the highway (opposite direction to my house) and we line up at about 70. He signals ahead, sorta, lets go type of deal. I downshift and I walked him (he had 3 people with him in the car). By the time I look back I see another car that sparks my interest (still driving away from home!!!!)

Third run was with a silver Camaro SS. I don’t know if he was modded or not but we played for a couple of miles. I am sure he did not give all he got because I was hanging with him until 135 ish. He slows down and I line up at around 85. I downshift and take the jump plus 1 car lead, I look back and his front end looks like its going to get off the ground. He blows by me….oh well, I guess he did unleash the fury on that run….nice guy. Gave him the thumbs up. He will probably be writing it somewhere…

So now I am 20 miles away from home and I slowly make it back. All of the sudden I see this BMW coming up on me. First I thought Z4, but it was a Z8 (or whatever they are called). I KNOW these things are fast, and after what happened with the camaro I knew that this guy could really put a hurting on both of us…I pull alongside him and give him the thumbs up. He nods and I follow him for 6 miles or so. I was hoping that he would put the hammer down but he only managed to slowly pull the bimmer to 120 or so. Nice car though..

All and all it was a good start for a Saturday morning….I always run some cool and fast cars on Saturday mornings. I don’t know what it is but it seems people get into the "cruising" mentality early Saturdays.

JH

One more!!! SL55 AMG.

I thought the camaro put a huritng on me. This guy absolutely destroyed me. Up to 100 I was OK, after that he was putting a car/second on me...no joke. I shut off at 120 and this guy was so far ahead of me...

I used up half a tank today and only ran 130 miles....That is some messed up milage that I am getting on rex....

Question, do you have any mods?

he must
    if its not fast it better be a show car

fre
    Originally posted by j-style
    he must
    Why do you say he must, he did lose to the SS pretty badly. I would think if he had some decent mods he could at least stay close. Assuming the SS was stock. He did indicate he has a BOV but that can actually make the car run worse so that doesn't count.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You are living the dream my brother.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

fre
    Originally posted by josnroh
    You are living the dream my brother.
    When I say decent mods I mean a bigger turbo, injectors. Unless you are talking to the original poster, then I would say I am not dreaming at all. I love how people say one thing on the internet and then I get out on the street and about 80 percent of the time have a completely different outcome I will look up the stock hp/tq numbers on the ss but I dont think it is that much better than the stage4 rex. 325 hp and 340 ft-lb of torque. I know there are some stage4s that make that to the crank, maybe not the torque, but they have slightly more hp anyway. I only make 315, but I have cobb's conservative tune. They also weigh 3550 lbs so they have a weight disadvantage.
    Last edited by fre; 02-28-2004 at 10:43 PM.

J-H
    I am running slightly higher boost if that is much of an improvement (I know it is, but it is minimal). And like I said and fre quoted, I lost pretty badly to the SS and AMG. Man, that AMG V8 sound is insane...

JH

Originally posted by J-H
    Man, that AMG V8 sound is insane...

JH
    no kidding, i ran into one the other day, coincidentely it was right after racing two KIDS in a c32 amg, we ran dead even until i pulled on him at the through most of 3rd gear then shutdown. but he jumped the light both times while i was talking to his passenger

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.