my first run in with NOS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on my first run in with NOS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home last night and I was kinda in a hurry because I was dead tired. While driving ...

WRX

my first run in with NOS

I was driving home last night and I was kinda in a hurry because I was dead tired. While driving the speed limit (50) a mid 90's SE-R with exhaust pulls up next to me and starts pacing me. I thought, oooh just the thing to wake me up a bit. So I punched it and instantly pulled 1/2 car on him. Then he shifted and flew right by, pulling 1 carlength on me. I was like WTF?? and when his shift to probably 5th, I started reeling him in and I got my bumper to his front door, however there was traffic in front of me so I had to slow down at about 105.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats doesn't mean he had nitrous. A popular SE-R swap is the SR20DET, which is a great engine when tuned correctly and could easily blow the doors off a 14-second WRX.
    www.awdpirates.net

WRX
    well I'm no longer a 14 sec rex since I've added the full catless turboback.

I thought about the car having turbo, engine swap, you name it. But I figured that someone that would take the time to do that would at least make the car LOOK good. It looked horrible, with rust spots & stuff on stock rims/tires. Nitrous just made the most sense.

edit: changed sig.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

WRX, whats going on in your avatar? Did that dude get kicked in the face? lol

-BobbyD

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    why do you assume he had nitrous?

He could have just been a stockish SE-R with exhaust, etc...
    2003 SRT-4

if he was sprayin u wouldn't of caught up easily and if he was sprayin there is alot more done to it then just spray if he just uses it for fun all the time atleast
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by j-style
    if he was sprayin u wouldn't of caught up easily and if he was sprayin there is alot more done to it then just spray if he just uses it for fun all the time atleast
    werd. you dont just hook nitrous up and go...

unless you dont care about your engine's life...
    2003 SRT-4

its really silly. nitiruous is allright if u know how to use, i don't think its for me but its big bang for the buck i don't knock it

its really silly. nitiruous is allright if u know how to use, i don't think its for me but its big bang for the buck i don't knock it
    Nitrous is the best bang for the buck mod out there
    2003 SRT-4

JESUS
    you have a boatload of post stoplight you should be changed from senior member to uber member

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    Nitrous is the best bang for the buck mod out there
    if by bang you mean... KABOOM!

hehe jk

nitrous is your friend... like any other forced induction.. if its tuned right
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    nitrous is your friend... like any other forced induction.. if its tuned right

so true so true i think i am going to spray on my project car

hmm, I might have to disagree. There are some cars on the street simply running a shot of nitrous and nothing else. Look at the accord forums and other places where there is not great potential for modding. Sure it may not be such a great idea, but its simple hehe. However, i do understand that the se-r did not necessarily have to have nitrous
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

WRX
    I wish I could've stopped and talked with him, but the wife was in the car. She just wanted to get home. Plus I was tired as well. If I ever see him again, I'll ask him what he has, and try to wax him from a stop.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.