How fast are NA Supras? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

This is a discussion on How fast are NA Supras? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I found a cakepan* for cakepanman! Any votes for having this permanently made into his avatar? Oh, and on ...

  1. #46
    Registered User Dan00Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    759
    Hey, I found a cakepan* for cakepanman! Any votes for having this permanently made into his avatar?



    Oh, and on topic: I don't see what's unreasonable about a n/a Suptra hanging with a stock wrx that traps at 92-93 mph from a roll. Look at the LARGE # of cars that have similar or higher trapspeeds, and it becomes very apparent that there are a number of cars that will hang with (or beat) a stock WRX from a roll. 1/4 mile ET's only tell a portion of the story. Trap speeds tell the rest...

    *I apologize to anyone offended by the picture, but seriously, ignorant comments made by certain members should be considered to be even more offensive.


    2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

    Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Banned CakePanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Je|2sey
    Posts
    163
    how am i a noob??just because i registered in 2004 makes me a noob....this thread isnt about wrx's from what i see its about supras...and trust me i have been driving around with a 1994 NA SUPRA FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS I KNOW HOW FAST THEY ARE...anyway sorry for not being a member on this specific forum for more than a year...i geuss that makes me a noob at life---and DTR...stop flaming me on all the other topics which have utterly nothing to do about supras in the least part
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #48
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by CakePanMan
    how am i a noob??just because i registered in 2004 makes me a noob....this thread isnt about wrx's from what i see its about supras...and trust me i have been driving around with a 1994 NA SUPRA FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS I KNOW HOW FAST THEY ARE...anyway sorry for not being a member on this specific forum for more than a year...i geuss that makes me a noob at life---and DTR...stop flaming me on all the other topics which have utterly nothing to do about supras in the least part
    dude, it has nothing to do with your car knowledge. but coming onto a forum when you have been posting wrong info in a couple different threads and calling someone who has been here longer with a ton more posts a noob??? thats just rediculous.

    You are not starting off very well with the wrx community, and i suggest that you research your info more and admit when you make a mistake. I dont care how long you have owned a supra for, fact is that you posted the wrong hp numbers, and we corrected you. then we gave proper data and scenario's in which a wrx COULD/MIGHT lose to an N/A 5speed supra, and you tell us WERE wrong?? come on. i'll tell you right now, you wont last very long here with that type of attitude or crap.

    and i am not flaming you in other posts. you just go to other threads and post MORE bs data that you THINK is right, and then when someone tells you that you made a mistake you pull the same crap you are doing here.



    If he doesnt shape up i say BAN HIM!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #49
    Banned CakePanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Je|2sey
    Posts
    163
    how long are u gonna go on with this hp number??? do you even own a wrx and have u raced an na supra? well i have...many many times...thats what i added to this post...and personally i dont think all this thread was asking for was some dumb hp number...he wanted to know if a na supra can own a wrx...well it cant...auto supras are pulling upwards towards 16 and sticks are pulling low 15's...i dont care from a roll blah blah blah..its not as fast as a wrx
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    479
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    Not only is my post could tripple what yours is
    please speak english... the academic comunity frowns on your conclusions.


    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    you have been causing nothing but problems the last couple days, you are nothing but and troll, and should be BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/B]
    thanks... but we're not flaming about how great supras are.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #51
    Banned CakePanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Je|2sey
    Posts
    163
    why should the wrx community hate me when i am in full spport of the power of the wrx and not the na supra?---so far almost every post i have seen from u has been about how wrx are not fast or good drag racers...wtf?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #52
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by CakePanMan
    how long are u gonna go on with this hp number??? do you even own a wrx and have u raced an na supra? well i have...many many times...thats what i added to this post...and personally i dont think all this thread was asking for was some dumb hp number...he wanted to know if a na supra can own a wrx...well it cant...auto supras are pulling upwards towards 16 and sticks are pulling low 15's...i dont care from a roll blah blah blah..its not as fast as a wrx
    this flame war is getting old, let me break it down for ya...

    were not talking about an auto beating a rex, were talking about a 5speed. which has 220-225hp. and runs low 15's.

    wrx runs low to mid 14's. its obvious that a wrx will win in the 1/4 mile.

    NOW HERES WHERE TO NEED TO FOLLOW ME.....

    from a roll the wrx doesnt have its allwheel drive launch advantage. infact it takes away a few ponies because of drivetrain loss. supra is RWD which is good for a rolling race.

    STILL FOLLOWING... HERES WHERE IT GETS GOING....

    wrx is bad uptop due to a restrictive turbo and bad 4th and 5th gearing. It just so happens that this is where the supra is the BEST at. you put 2 and 2 together and you will find that it is very feasable that a wrx could be beaten by an N/A 5speed supra from a roll.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #53
    Banned CakePanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Je|2sey
    Posts
    163
    Originally posted by DTR maxima

    NOW HERES WHERE TO NEED TO FOLLOW ME.....

    from a roll the wrx doesnt have its allwheel drive launch advantage. infact it takes away a few ponies because of drivetrain loss. supra is RWD which is good for a rolling race.

    STILL FOLLOWING... HERES WHERE IT GETS GOING....

    wrx is bad uptop due to a restrictive turbo and bad 4th and 5th gearing. It just so happens that this is where the supra is the BEST at. you put 2 and 2 together and you will find that it is very feasable that a wrx could be beaten by an N/A 5speed supra from a roll.
    ok what are u saying...the "wrx drivetrain loss argument" i can assure you FROM EXPERIENCE this is incorrect..stop with your mere speculation, the wrx beats an na supra
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    479
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    this flame war is getting old, let me break it down for ya...

    were not talking about an auto beating a rex, were talking about a 5speed. which has 220-225hp. and runs low 15's.

    wrx runs low to mid 14's. its obvious that a wrx will win in the 1/4 mile.

    NOW HERES WHERE TO NEED TO FOLLOW ME.....

    from a roll the wrx doesnt have its allwheel drive launch advantage. infact it takes away a few ponies because of drivetrain loss. supra is RWD which is good for a rolling race.

    STILL FOLLOWING... HERES WHERE IT GETS GOING....

    wrx is bad uptop due to a restrictive turbo and bad 4th and 5th gearing. It just so happens that this is where the supra is the BEST at. you put 2 and 2 together and you will find that it is very feasable that a wrx could be beaten by an N/A 5speed supra from a roll.

    yeah when you pop 5th gear in a race..... NO...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #55
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by CakePanMan
    ok what are u saying...the "wrx drivetrain loss argument" i can assure you FROM EXPERIENCE this is incorrect..stop with your mere speculation, the wrx beats an na supra
    no, i am hardly one of the people that uses to wrx drivetrain loss all the time, but it exists and you cant ignore it. pair that up with bad gearing, and high speeds against a car that shines up top with RWD and pretty good gearing from a roll (where wrx doesnt have allwheel drive advantage) and its very possible.....

    this old time online forum classic comes to mind "never argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

    **unknown author**
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #56
    Banned CakePanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Je|2sey
    Posts
    163
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    no, i am hardly one of the people that uses to wrx drivetrain loss all the time, but it exists and you cant ignore it. pair that up with bad gearing, and high speeds against a car that shines up top with RWD and pretty good gearing from a roll (where wrx doesnt have allwheel drive advantage) and its very possible.....

    this old time online forum classic comes to mind "never argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

    **unknown author**
    ??
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    479
    true dat yo!

    wrx is slow4r car
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #58
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by DragonXeno
    look...i know that a wrx owns a supra...i also know that a 323 owns an auto supra...this isnt even an agument dtr u seem to be always against the wrx...do you even own one??and stop flaming cakepan then call him out for flaming you
    no i dont own a wrx, but that does not make me unknowledable of them. I am not against the WRX, actually a very big fan, i just always try to see the other side, and not be closeminded to the car of my favor.

    this argument is getting tiresome. i posted REAL data, and said my peice. if you want to continue arguing, then please PM me.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #59
    Registered User TurnWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,828
    Since I am the original poster, here's the deal. One of the guys at our local meet wants me to race his friend's NA supra with manual tranny because the guy is bragging to him that he owns all stock wrx's. So he wants me to shut him up. I don't know what year it is (I'm guessing the latest gen), but it is suposedly all stock, and all I have is an hks hi power catback.

    He, along with several others at the meet, told me I would have no problem taking the NA supra from a dig and/or a roll. At first I didn't know what to believe because I don't know that much about supras in general. All I know is to stay away from the turbo ones
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #60
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Since I am the original poster, here's the deal. One of the guys at our local meet wants me to race his friend's NA supra with manual tranny because the guy is bragging to him that he owns all stock wrx's. So he wants me to shut him up. I don't know what year it is (I'm guessing the latest gen), but it is suposedly all stock, and all I have is an hks hi power catback.

    He, along with several others at the meet, told me I would have no problem taking the NA supra from a dig and/or a roll. At first I didn't know what to believe because I don't know that much about supras in general. All I know is to stay away from the turbo ones
    yeah, TT supras are a whole different ball game. I will give you my opinion here, but it seems others will disagree.

    from dig you will walk him pretty bad, its only a low 15sec car with a good driver. I wouldnt worry about a dig at all.
    Now, with a roll, he has better gearing and top end on you. your catback is going to help a bit uptop. In my opinion it should be pretty close, but favoring you. if you do go from a roll, just try to stay at low roll speeds like 35 or so. just remember, the faster you go, the faster he gets, and the more you hurt. just dont race from like 70mph and up, because i think he could pull on you from there.

    Get to it, and let us know what happens
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •