How fast are NA Supras? - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on How fast are NA Supras? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by dookiebob You're kidding, right? (if you aren't, try tilting your head a little--she's Britney Spears) lol no ...

Originally posted by dookiebob
    You're kidding, right?

(if you aren't, try tilting your head a little--she's Britney Spears)

lol no she is not Britney Spears
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Burnout
    http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/toy...nav..6.Toyota*

some of you might want to do some research before you talk They aren't the quickest thing around but they are not slow and really are not to heavy @3265 lbs.
    3300lbs isnt anything light for a 2 seater V6 sports car. but like i was saying above, with that weight and only 175hp (like cakepanman said it had) it would be a mid 16sec car at best.

with that weight, 220-225hp, RWD and the toyota long pulling engine is what makes it capable of a low 15sec run. (in manual)

Originally posted by dookiebob
    You're kidding, right?

(if you aren't, try tilting your head a little--she's Britney Spears)
    she's not britney.. she's Courtney Day
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    I stongly suggest you research more before you post. You did something similar in the wrx vs type R thread also.
    CakePanMan

chill noob..im the one whose races this car daily...i give u props on ur excellent mag racing skills...but i know for a fact that a 94 auto supra will get crushed a wrx at any speed
    Last edited by CakePanMan; 03-02-2004 at 07:48 PM.

Originally posted by SupraToWRX
    You are definately mistaking power ratings. Stock NA MKIV (Last body style) Supras came with 220-225hp. I don't recall looking up numbers for it in the 1/4, but like I said, my na '95 supra with bolt-ons beat my friend's rsx-s that ran 14.8 by about 1-2 cars. So with a few bolt ons, one would hang with a wrx from a dig. From a roll, I can say the na supra would probably get the win, as I have owned both cars.
    ok by bolt on do u mean putting a turbo on or something?? and what stock rsx pulled a 14.8???

Originally posted by SupraToWRX
    I had a '95 na supra 5spd, and it was pretty quick. It had a few power mods such as intake, exhaust, and ceramic coated headers. I used to race my friend's rsx-s with it when he had intake and exhaust, and I put about 1-2 car lengths on him from 0-80. So it was probably a high to mid 14 sec car...not bad for all motor in such a heavy car.
    CakePanMan, you need to take the time to carefully read and comprehend facts before you make senseless comments like you have shown throughout this thread.

If you had read my first post in this thread on the first page, you would have seen that my supra had intake, ceramic coated headers, and exhaust - all mild bolt on mods.

Secondly, as stated in my first post, my friend's rsx-s had intake and exhaust when I raced him. He's run his car at the local 1/4 mile track with this setup and gets consistent 14.8's.

Third, yes, the auto na supras were much slower. Just like any car, as 2001S4 stated, the auto transmission eats power away. Again, had you taken the time to read, you would have noted that my supra was a 5spd.

Lastly, I have owned both cars in question, a '95 n/a supra and an '04 wrx. I'm not sure about you, but I value personal experience much more than reading numbers off the internet.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

how are my facts wrong?????i stated that a auto na supra is really really frikkin slow...ur saying thta the fastest a manual can get is 15.2....hmmm lets think that means a auto pulls high 15's....in my book thats not compitiion for the wrx...so "supratowrx" not to burst your bubble but a na supra is not fast...the tt is

When did I ever type 15.2? It seems you "selectively" read and even so, you skew the very little you do read to make it into what you want it to say. Many others have noted this as well. You are not worth the time to hold your hand through why you are wrong again.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

sorry...dtr maxima actually said 15.2 all u said was low 15's...u could have possible been referring to 15.3 or 15.1 i should immediatly stop this insane skewing...let me go add a few bolt ons and run 10's

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    chill noob..im the one whose races this car daily...i give u props on ur excellent mag racing skills...but i know for a fact that a 94 auto supra will get crushed a wrx at any speed
    u go get me some time slips for the car in question and i wont need to use mag racing.

NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!????????? Not only is my post could tripple what yours is, but i have also been registered much longer than you have.

and if you read my post you would see that the car in question is a manual 5speed supra, which does run low 15's. a low 15sec supra with the top end it has WILL give a wrx a good run from uptop.

Supratowrx has owned both cars and is giving experienced info, and you are telling him he is wrong?? maybe 15.2 isnt all that fast to you, but with out the wrx's allwheel drive launch, it woudl only be a high 14sec car anyways. so from a roll its very possible, not to mention the wrx's poor 4th and 5th gear, gearing.

you have been causing nothing but problems the last couple days, you are nothing but and troll, and should be BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The WRX has the anchor effect where you will be cruising along coming up on triple digit speeds when all of a sudden it feels like someone threw an anchor out the window. It is NOT a high speed contender. It shines down low and on an autox course. It is not a freeway killer. As many have stated, they will lose power as they get up in higher speeds and people have lost to cars with much slower numbers. All you ever see is 0-60 and 1/4 numbers. Both numbers where the WRX shines. Where in your magazines do you see full mile runs? How well would the WRX do then? I am not trying to put down the WRX either, it has its strong points for sure, but in this particular thread, we are discussing its one major downside. The N/A supra on the other hand is the opposite. It has low 0-60 times, low 1/4 mile times, but that is all you hear. You don't hear anything about it's higher speed numbers. My Legend felt like a really fast car. Turns out it was a low 15 second car. My friend would run away from me all day from a stop, but on the few occasions in which we were able to wind the cars out, my 200 HP 15 second car started to pull away. Sorry CakePanMan, but those are just the facts. I can't believe you called someone who has been here longer with a lot more posts a noob .

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    you have been causing nothing but problems the last couple days, you are nothing but and troll, and should be BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CakePanMan

You registered on here in 04, yet your calling someone noob? Also, nothing you stated was right and your comments is just childish... I vote for banned!
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 03-03-2004 at 05:20 PM.

blah blah blah, let it die.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 310824_11_full.jpg  
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.