How fast are NA Supras? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on How fast are NA Supras? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by emosubaru who's the girl in turn's avatar? You're kidding, right? (if you aren't, try tilting your head ...

Originally posted by emosubaru
    who's the girl in turn's avatar?
    You're kidding, right?

(if you aren't, try tilting your head a little--she's Britney Spears)
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the engine is still great, it responds very well to mods. but stock it has 220hp i believe but its weight slows it down.

Originally posted by emosubaru
    who's the girl in turn's avatar?
    Why? Want to write a whiney song about it emo-kid?

A MK4 NA Supra will hang with a stock WRX from a roll I'm sure. I don't know why you guys call them slow.
    02' WRX

They call everything slow!!!

Originally posted by CakePanMan
    like a said...reall really really frikkin slow
    Stock they're okay. But my homeboy tuboed that and it's now in the 11s....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by FraudulentNeon

A MK4 NA Supra will hang with a stock WRX from a roll I'm sure. I don't know why you guys call them slow.
    they are not slow at all. mid 15's for a stock 6 cylinder from the mid 90's isnt bad. Its just that compared to the low 13sec twin turbo brother, who can easily catch 800whp its not all that.

like i said, stock its not to much, but its still a great engine and takes well to to mods. with bolt on's i am willing to be one could hang real well with a wrx from a roll, if not beat it.

we must have a misunderstanding...the 1994 na supra is not fast...it puts up a 0-60 of 7.8 and a quarter or 15.5....maybe u guyhs are taling of a diff versio with 225 hp...but im positive that the one im talking about has 175hp

I Support ClubWRX
    we must have a misunderstanding...the 1994 na supra is not fast...it puts up a 0-60 of 7.8 and a quarter or 15.5....maybe u guyhs are taling of a diff versio with 225 hp...but im positive that the one im talking about has 175hp
    Down boy.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

You are definately mistaking power ratings. Stock NA MKIV (Last body style) Supras came with 220-225hp. I don't recall looking up numbers for it in the 1/4, but like I said, my na '95 supra with bolt-ons beat my friend's rsx-s that ran 14.8 by about 1-2 cars. So with a few bolt ons, one would hang with a wrx from a dig. From a roll, I can say the na supra would probably get the win, as I have owned both cars.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

not to be a magazine racer, but we have nothing else to really go by.... carstats has it down for a 0-60 of 6.9 and a 1/4 mile of 15.2

mkIV supra has 220 factory rated hp. cakepanman: you have been pretty off on your #'s lately. I stongly suggest you research more before you post. You did something similar in the wrx vs type R thread also.

maybe the previous generation of N/A made 175hp, but the MKIV made 220. you think a car with that weight and 175 hp could tick off a 15.2? very doubtful.

they are decently fast stock, 15's... but with bolt on's mid 14's can be easily achieved with a manual trans..

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/toy...nav..6.Toyota*

some of you might want to do some research before you talk They aren't the quickest thing around but they are not slow and really are not to heavy @3265 lbs.

it will def get a stock wrx on a roll, i dont care by how much, the point is- what doesnt get a stock wrx from a roll. on the highway they should just sit tight an shut up, i was beat by my friends moms buick, my old jeep grand cherokee, my moms lincoln smoked it an a 138 hp mr-s hung, not to mention every family sedan made nowadays. im just sick of seeing people say they pull on 5.0's on the freeway stock.

they are slow. put it this way when i had a 93 integra gs. it was a b18 ls. i was drivin down the jigh way with a bunch of my friends and we pulled up to a mk4 supra non turbo. he had exhaust for sure. we down shifted togather and i pulled slowly away from him, up until 120 or so. all i had on my ls was cai. it was a pricless kill.

Giligan

Originally posted by GiliganWRX
    they are slow. put it this way when i had a 93 integra gs. it was a b18 ls. i was drivin down the jigh way with a bunch of my friends and we pulled up to a mk4 supra non turbo. he had exhaust for sure. we down shifted togather and i pulled slowly away from him, up until 120 or so. all i had on my ls was cai. it was a pricless kill.

Giligan
    i agree with giligan
    trust me something in your facts is wrong...i race an auto 1994 na supra almost daily i know th kid very well...and its not even CLOSE...maybe the stick is that much faster??? but i know for a fact this kids auto runs mid high 15

You are going too much by the numbers. We all know a full second in the quarter mile is a big difference. However, a stock WRX will reach the 1/4 in about 14.1 seconds. This is launched REALLY hard or else you would run a mid to high 14 seconds. So now we are talking about a half second difference in the 1/4 mile between a moderately launched stock WRX and a N/A Supra. What we also know is that as the speedo ticks up north, the WRX will start to lose its head of steam, where the N/A Supra will still have power. It's engine is a full liter bigger along with RWD (not the dreaded AWD where highway speeds is concerned). So now we are talking about this supposedly slow N/A Supra catching up to and passing the "much faster" WRX. I personally would not want a N/A supra as I had a turbo MK3 and it was a blast. Just trying to point out that the N/A isn't necessarily that bad. Also, yes the auto would slow the car down. It will put down less power to the wheels after you consider in the torque converter. And one last thing, the N/A MK3 supra put out 200 hp vs the turbo putting out 232 hp.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast