STI vs GTI - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on STI vs GTI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a guy in a gti a couple of months ago. I definitely know he wasn't stock but I ...

I raced a guy in a gti a couple of months ago. I definitely know he wasn't stock but I figured I could take him. I have an 03 wrx and it's fairly stock at the moment. Anyway we raced from a 60mph roll and he absolutely destroyed me. Man when he punched it his car sounded like a freakin airplane. Damn did I underestimate him.! Guess it's time to call my buddies at Cobb tuning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well with the drag radials they do stick like CRAZY so i will race one from a roll i know from a dead stop i did some damage to a Evo last weekend it doesnt teke much for me to catch up.
    2002 GTI 1.8T
    GT3076RLE, custom tubular exhaust mani, custom ic pipes, 600hp precision core, built motor, direct port nitrous, quaife syncromesh 6 speed, raxles, suspension, aeromotive 1000 pump -8an lines, custom dp/exhaust etc....500+whp on race gas.

Racing awd from a roll gives you a serious and unfair advantage. Yeah, we have a traction advantage from the stop. But that AWD soaks up 20-30 whp more than just FWD or RWD the rest of the time. Stock STI is quiet, any subaru is pretty quiet stock. And a MBC doesn't do much for an STI because the injectors are running 90% duty cycle stock. Don't know of too many STIs using a MBC.

By the way your car is pretty sweet. I almost bought a GTI.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Greets to all..

im a good friend of Edsgti and a avid member of club18t.com..

first of all would like to give props to all wrx's and sti's because they are def. a machine to be reckon'd with .. (i will admit i have had my ass handed to me by you guys numerous times)

Secondly i was in the passenger seat of Ed's car when we raced the stock Sti.. Didnt really realize how fast those damn cars really were! .. was very impressed with the top end, and the incredible spool up and absent turbo lag the car had.. seemed like at any rpm, the sti would just get up and go .. lower gear the sti stayed close to us, but by the end of 2nd to early stages of 3rd we slowly started walking him.. we shut down middle 4th i think ? had about 4-5 cars on the car.. overall its what i expected, Eds car definatley has alot of bite.. i think tho, from a dead stop, it would be pretty evenly matched.. both me and Ed admit, wiht a little mods, this Sti would have stayed even, if not demolished us..

greets again, and hope you guys welcome another fellow sport compact tuner ..

Steve
    Blk 2002 Gti, Aem CAI, Hyperboost DV, Samco Turbo Inlet, VF-Engineering Dogbone Mount, Apr DPP 93 and 100 octane, Apr 2.5" TurboBack Exhaust, Greddy Type 31 FMIC, Cry02 Intercooler Sprayer, N75, Abd Upper IC pipe, TT shortshifter, 8000k Mcculloch HID kit, H&R Cupkit, Neuspeed strut tower, BKR7E's, Autometer Dual Steering Pod, Autometer C2 Boost, Water Temp And Air/Fuel gauges, smoked all around..

With the kind of courtesy and fairness you showed on that post, your definately welcome here.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    With the kind of courtesy and fairness you showed on that post, your definately welcome here.
    I must agree. That was very well put together. Maybe now VW and Subaru can put aside their differences and start whooping A$$ together on Honda's around the world...
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

Originally posted by high on 02C
    .. start whooping A$$ together on Honda's around the world...
    hey thats a start, one thing we agree on
    Blk 2002 Gti, Aem CAI, Hyperboost DV, Samco Turbo Inlet, VF-Engineering Dogbone Mount, Apr DPP 93 and 100 octane, Apr 2.5" TurboBack Exhaust, Greddy Type 31 FMIC, Cry02 Intercooler Sprayer, N75, Abd Upper IC pipe, TT shortshifter, 8000k Mcculloch HID kit, H&R Cupkit, Neuspeed strut tower, BKR7E's, Autometer Dual Steering Pod, Autometer C2 Boost, Water Temp And Air/Fuel gauges, smoked all around..

03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

and v8's
    2002 GTI 1.8T
    GT3076RLE, custom tubular exhaust mani, custom ic pipes, 600hp precision core, built motor, direct port nitrous, quaife syncromesh 6 speed, raxles, suspension, aeromotive 1000 pump -8an lines, custom dp/exhaust etc....500+whp on race gas.

What did you run in the 1/4 mile with your setup? I was at the track last weekend and ran against a 2002 GTI 1.8T (don't know his mods) and he pulled a 14.7 to my 14.3 (just uppipe, downpipe, exhaust at that time - now I have Stage2 ECU reflash)

What do GTI 1.8t's run stock? I just wanted to see if I could compare stock times for the GTI and your times so I can see if he had mods or not. Thanks!

Here's the slip: (my first day at the track so don't laugh at my 60ft)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd run sm.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Originally posted by tubbytreats
    What did you run in the 1/4 mile with your setup? I was at the track last weekend and ran against a 2002 GTI 1.8T (don't know his mods) and he pulled a 14.7 to my 14.3 (just uppipe, downpipe, exhaust at that time - now I have Stage2 ECU reflash)

What do GTI 1.8t's run stock? I just wanted to see if I could compare stock times for the GTI and your times so I can see if he had mods or not. Thanks!

Here's the slip: (my first day at the track so don't laugh at my 60ft)
    man, he was pulling on you HARD. get that 60 a little lower. you can definately do better.

and back to the subject at hand...do you have any more details of that GT3071R? that sounds NUTS. 1000rpm quicker spool? the GT30R spools at like 3600 on the STi, i believe. a full spool by 2600? no way ....

...unless it was true, in which case, i would have to buy it! lol. welcome to the club, boys.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123