STI vs GTI - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs GTI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice ride Ed. I also appreciate your manner. You are welcome here any day What kind of torque are you ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice ride Ed. I also appreciate your manner. You are welcome here any day What kind of torque are you putting down? That may have something to do with it. The STI is a torque monster with almost no lag. The gearing is also great with the six-speed putting it in it's "sweet spot" almost all the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by EdsGTI

here are some pics of the setup i was running, the changes i made and how the new setup is right now (the intercooler piping was a weird fit because the new turbo is in a different position then it used to be, so im fabricating new stainless steel intercooler piping)

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/27791/index.html
    bad a$$ car and outstanding setup.... as for your race wit hthe STI ... i don't think he was stock.... maybe a boost controller or even a ecu flash... never know.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

i saw a nice black gti yesterday walkin to class. he had a big fmic, car wasnt too loud either.
    if u dont mind me asking, about how much money u put into that? im tryin to decide whether to get an sti/evo or gti
    i love the gti's but they are heavy so i think id need a lil more power to get faster
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 10-09-2006 at 04:16 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

i am thinking he might have had a little something extra cause now that i saw him again his car was a little loud..but anyways i just did some more tuning today with the wideband, and found a vac/boost leak....so now i have a nice power gain...its funny it was so noticable when u had a vac leak before i did the turbo upgrade (the car would stutter and eventually stall, becase the MAF and MAP sensor would be showing very different readings) i was running a maf before, now if my intercooler piping was to fall off, the car wouldnt make a stutter at idle...

btw the torque should be about the same as the hp, when i dyno ill know for sure, the 1.8T is very torque happy as well, thats what causes us to suck off the line...fwd and 300wtq = lookin stoopid from a stop
    Last edited by EdsGTI; 02-28-2004 at 06:19 PM.
    2002 GTI 1.8T
    GT3076RLE, custom tubular exhaust mani, custom ic pipes, 600hp precision core, built motor, direct port nitrous, quaife syncromesh 6 speed, raxles, suspension, aeromotive 1000 pump -8an lines, custom dp/exhaust etc....500+whp on race gas.

I Support ClubWRX
    thats what causes us to suck off the line...fwd and 300wtq = lookin stoopid from a stop
    Maybe your next project could be to turbocharge an R32.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Maybe your next project could be to turbocharge an R32.
    Now that would be wild

i was seriously thinking about sellin my car to get one...but the vw/audi 4motion transmissions cant handle the power id make it push lol, we built a MK3 turbo VR that pushed like 580+whp on pump gass out of a T series turbo, and now he just picked up a GT42R, so he will make 6-700whp....and thats a 2.8L if i had an R32, id run a GT42RS and prob make 600 awd whp....

serioulsy i wish the sti came out earlier, i wanna see some guys put a GT35R or a GT30/40R on these things with some 550s and a fuel pump, do some custom dyno tuning and make 450 awd whp...the SRT4 guys just made 501whp and 526wtq out of a GT30/40R
    2002 GTI 1.8T
    GT3076RLE, custom tubular exhaust mani, custom ic pipes, 600hp precision core, built motor, direct port nitrous, quaife syncromesh 6 speed, raxles, suspension, aeromotive 1000 pump -8an lines, custom dp/exhaust etc....500+whp on race gas.

serioulsy i wish the sti came out earlier, i wanna see some guys put a GT35R or a GT30/40R on these things with some 550s and a fuel pump, do some custom dyno tuning and make 450 awd whp...
    Hey Ed, this thread may interest you...

http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...threadid=48988

Oh, and don't mind us while we drool on your ride.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Im on Deer Park alot too... I'd like to see how my setup would run against that car. Nice setup...I love the gti's. I got some more work to do before the spring but I put 3-4 cars on the stock sti's Ive raced. I'd like to see what I'd do against that monster...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

SNIP
    Jeez..just noticed.. Deer Park, eh? I use to live on West 20th.

im amazed that 440cc injectors work for that kind of power... its frightening... how does it not max em out?
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

we've used 440cc's on our GT30R car making 366whp on pump gas and 30psi ...thats crazy, i live on west 1st street....if anyone is out one night and wants to chill, pm me and ill give u my # and my 2 way #...
    2002 GTI 1.8T

just wanted to give u guys a race update:
    I found 2 boost leaks, one was a nipple for an N75(the oem wastegate solenoid) and the other was a cracked boost/vac line.

Well i tuned the car with the wideband, fixed the leaks and raced my buddies stock STI. We ran from a 15mph roll (i was on drag radials) and by the time we hit 105 i had put a good 5-6 cars on him still pulling hard

I still didnt get a chance to throw her on the dyno and wont ever dyno tune this setup cause its already gone..

I had to send my t3/t04e back to turbonetics, i believe a bearing went bad in the CHRA (center housing rotating assembly) so it went back for warranty replacement.

Right now i ordered JE 9:1 pistons, pauter connecting rods, the new GT30R its called the GT3071R and supposedly a 1000rpm faster spool then the original GT30R, i am sumping the gas tank, 2-255lph wahlboro fuel pumps, 2 fuel rails, a split second secondary fuel injector controller and the stock 317cc injectors in the stock location and 440's on the new fuel rail
    we estimate 450whp on race gas and a nice amount of boost probably between 27-32psi. soon there will be a fwd 1.8t in the 11's ill post pics as the parts come in
    2002 GTI 1.8T

Those GTI's have a lot of lower end torque. Race him from a stop (0 mph) and then see who gets run on. Although i do love VW's and yours is tight as hell. But i do have to back my WRX brothers.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.