High speed romp - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on High speed romp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by StoplightWarrior yea but then you're not beating the bike, you're beating the driver because he's not going ...

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    yea but then you're not beating the bike, you're beating the driver because he's not going all out...if someone's not all in it, it doesnt count as a race!
    Since when is the only thing that matters equipment? A race is a race....

Having said this, in the case of my encounter we stopped before the "race", he challenged me, we raced, and we critiqued the event after the fact.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    no way man! once you have established a clear lead on the guy, you win...now, if its neck and neck, and the other guy just shuts down, yea, that's a win, but I cant even count how many times I've shut down after clearly establishing dominance, only to have the other guy come flying up and past me...I pray that they each weren't thinking they had won!
    Right, which is called a ricer fly-by... im talking if its close.. not a blowout like that.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Right, which is called a ricer fly-by... im talking if its close.. not a blowout like that.
    that's the problem with drag racing, it's just too contrived. Got to get out there and really go...for real.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by STIwish
    yea...it's not like in TFATF when they keep catching up and falling back and catching up....in a real race, you're either pulling on them or falling behind...It's as simple as that.
    2003 SRT-4

but what ends the race? I mean yes, pulling ahead by a wide margin will do it... and on the 1/4 mile its measured... but what about in a wide open top speed run, even given equal cars... if one hesitates and lifts.. its over.. same goes with a race like that.. especially when a bike is involved.. or bike vs. bike, it takes big balls to keep it that fast on a public road, or anywhere for that matter, and if you lift.. you lose.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123