High speed romp - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on High speed romp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by j-style so you mean you raced a harley with a gull wing Hey, if I beat a ...

Originally posted by j-style
    so you mean you raced a harley with a gull wing
    Hey, if I beat a Harley, I wouldn't have bother writing! I would probably have written if I didn't beat a Harley! It's hard to tell if they are actually trying to go fast or not. Those things are just plain sad.

Now, if I can figure out how to beat a Hayabusa with the 'Roo...that would be news....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dangrass

Now, if I can figure out how to beat a Hayabusa with the 'Roo...that would be news....
    good luck with that!!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Hey, if I beat a Harley, I wouldn't have bother writing! I would probably have written if I didn't beat a Harley! It's hard to tell if they are actually trying to go fast or not. Those things are just plain sad.

yea, harley's are not fast at all...I used to hang with them in my v6 stang HAHAHA
    2003 SRT-4

speed is just a matter of $$...how much you willing to spend?
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    75-130, he took the jump, I gave chase...he had about 3 cars on me when we shut down...I was doing 130-135 at that time...

and my gt PULLED at speed...I would have DESTROYED your wrx from a high speed roll...
    Pretty much what I would expect. Too bad you guys didn't keep on going, as I would imagine that you would have pulled him shortly thereafter. What was the top speed of your supercharged GT?

Again, we're talking about roads with curves and bumps, so just going fast in a straight line on a smooth road isn't enough. Like I said, my C5 was no faster than the Roo on that stretch, even though it would run 180, while the Roo only runs 146 flat out.

Pretty much what I would expect. Too bad you guys didn't keep on going, as I would imagine that you would have pulled him shortly thereafter. What was the top speed of your supercharged GT?

Again, we're talking about roads with curves and bumps, so just going fast in a straight line on a smooth road isn't enough. Like I said, my C5 was no faster than the Roo on that stretch, even though it would run 180, while the Roo only runs 146 flat out.
    oh...this was on straight freeway...I never went past 140 after the blower was on, but before, I pinned the needle in the speedo at 150 with just an xpipe and pulleys...

I made 341rwhp in the GT and it was gutted...That thing never lost a *legitimate* race against another car after I put the blower on. I lost one time to a 1st gen viper but only one length up to 110 and he left first
    2003 SRT-4

speed is just a matter of $$...how much you willing to spend?
    Not so much with a bike, as a $12,000 Hayabusa will outrun just about anything up to about 180, two wheels or four. The other thing to consider it that on roads such as these, inferior equipment can be, to a great extent, compensated for by skill.

oh...this was on straight freeway...I never went past 140 after the blower was on, but before, I pinned the needle in the speedo at 150 with just an xpipe and pulleys...

I made 341rwhp in the GT and it was gutted...That thing never lost a *legitimate* race against another car after I put the blower on. I lost one time to a 1st gen viper but only one length up to 110 and he left first
    See, that's the problem, you just needed to stay with the program a little longer and you would most definitely have been victorious. But, the point remains, bikes have awesome power to weight ratios, so low speed contests definitely favor a bike.

fre
    I certainly believe this, because the bike wasn't a sport bike. When I just had a stage2 cobb I was following a bike (not a sport bike) and he was trying to stay ahead because every time I would go to pass on the two lane highway he would pull out and pass about 4 car lengths in front or so. Well the final time I went to pass and he waited until I got quite close and went for the pass and I had to back off to keep from running into him. I was shocked to say the least and proceed to accelerate right by him at about 100 mph or so heheh. Now with the bigger turbo it would have been even uglier.

Totally believable.. i raced many bikes when i had my baby.. everything from Harleys to GXR1000s, and at high speed, often times id win due to straight up balls.. and sometimes around 125 they would just start falling back.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Totally believable.. i raced many bikes when i had my baby.. everything from Harleys to GXR1000s, and at high speed, often times id win due to straight up balls.. and sometimes around 125 they would just start falling back.
    yea but then you're not beating the bike, you're beating the driver because he's not going all out...if someone's not all in it, it doesnt count as a race!
    2003 SRT-4

fre
    yea but then you're not beating the bike, you're beating the driver because he's not going all out...if someone's not all in it, it doesnt count as a race!
    Well I know for sure this guy was going all out, because why wouldn't you while passing on a two lane road in front of a car that just got right behind you He probably wasn't an 1100 cc bike though it looked like a smaller touring bike.

I disagree.. 'its not how far you take it... its if you have the consternation to see it through'. A car or bike is only as fast as its driver will let it be... if someone isnt comfortable at a given speed, and they let up and lose.. its still a win.. but as was said, at 125 there is a mad amount of drag on the rider of those bikes, even when tucked, and often times thats when we have the advantage.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

fre
    I disagree.. 'its not how far you take it... its if you have the consternation to see it through'. A car or bike is only as fast as its driver will let it be... if someone isnt comfortable at a given speed, and they let up and lose.. its still a win.. but as was said, at 125 there is a mad amount of drag on the rider of those bikes, even when tucked, and often times thats when we have the advantage.
    I agree with you on this, because if you aren't comfortable going fast in the car then wtf is all that speed good for? In my old corolla I would almost **** my pants just going 95, because it would bounce all over the place, but in the rex it is as smooth as hell. This means if somebody does something gay like cuts in front of me even though im blocked by a retard hogging the left lane I am more willing to fly by them like they aren't even moving after we get an opening

no way man! once you have established a clear lead on the guy, you win...now, if its neck and neck, and the other guy just shuts down, yea, that's a win, but I cant even count how many times I've shut down after clearly establishing dominance, only to have the other guy come flying up and past me...I pray that they each weren't thinking they had won!
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.