Just thought Id let you see what asshatery is going on... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Just thought Id let you see what asshatery is going on... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by TgoWRX04 maybe i should of worded that differently, i wasnt sayin that to take anything away from ...

Originally posted by TgoWRX04
    maybe i should of worded that differently, i wasnt sayin that to take anything away from the 2.5. im just sayin most kids who drive hondas wouldnt know the difference between an sti and 2.5. they "beat" someone in a race the automatically assume the car type that they raced is the highest level of that car, ex/ imprezza has the STi. supra its automatically the tt supra, and so on. sorry

Its ok.. 2.5's still eat little civics for breakfast anyway. I was just bustin' your bawls.
    2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
    Platinum Silver Metalic

DOB: 12/3/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm a bit curious. A Civic EX makes 127hp at the crank, yet this turbo kit puts down 200 whp @ 8psi?? The new Mazdaspeed Miata makes 178 hp at the crank, up from 142 hp at the crank. This is with a turbo @ 7psi, FMIC, and strengthened internals. Something here doesn't add up. Any links for this turbo kit?
    '03 WRX
    '03 SV650

Originally posted by merlot
    I'm a bit curious. A Civic EX makes 127hp at the crank, yet this turbo kit puts down 200 whp @ 8psi?? The new Mazdaspeed Miata makes 178 hp at the crank, up from 142 hp at the crank. This is with a turbo @ 7psi, FMIC, and strengthened internals. Something here doesn't add up. Any links for this turbo kit?
    yes, it does sound odd that an 8psi kit is putting down 200whp.
    but I was going off of others words that it did. and if it does indeed out down those #'s, his civic is very capable of taking an STI from a roll.

anyone have more specific info on the turbo kit in question?

WHO CARES THIS IS GETTING BEATEN TO DEATH. There's too many factors, like temperature, how hot/cold the cars were, traction, christ even what they ate for breakfast is going to have an effect. Maybe the guy in the STi was just messing with him, maybe he wasn't racing, who knows, and since it wasn't one of us, we won't prove it, so DROP IT. I vote to close this thread unless someone has something important to post.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

ehhh just what i see in the riceboy forums are-
    sti's getting little little respect and wrx's getting NO respect...just a trend ive been noticing...3 years ago the wrx was the car to beat...no it seems everyone thinks its just a toned down sti...

I'm not buying it. Everyone over there automatically assumes AWD means there is NO way it can run from a roll. In their eyes, AWD is so much of a disadvantage from a roll, it puts it down on the performance level of something far far far less powerful. And, given the reading here, it seems some people here also think AWD automatically makes you lose racing from a roll. As AWD goes, the STi is fantastic...it doesn't lose as much as people seem to think. Plus it puts down a helluva lot more power.

Given I've rolled against FAR more powerful cars than a turbo Civic (don't start on "well the Civic weighs less") and handed them their ass, I'm not buying this. Either the person with the STi was toying with this Civic or wasn't racing at all. End of story.

Now to rub in that AWD does not mean automatic loss...does that mean the AWD car ALWAYS wins from a stop? I mean, we all know a 2WD car can't get less than a 3.0 60'.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

STI CAN NEVER LOSE..

I thinks its possible for a turboed civic to pull on an STI i think the kid is telling the truth..

WAIT WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT STI CAN NEVER LOSE! ITS THE FASTEREST CAR EVARRRRR

Originally posted by SjpWrx
    STI CAN NEVER LOSE..

I thinks its possible for a turboed civic to pull on an STI i think the kid is telling the truth..

WAIT WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT STI CAN NEVER LOSE! ITS THE FASTEREST CAR EVARRRRR
    wow, someone with a mind of their own....
    IMPRESSIVE!!

Originally posted by renichms
    I'm not buying it. Everyone over there automatically assumes AWD means there is NO way it can run from a roll. In their eyes, AWD is so much of a disadvantage from a roll, it puts it down on the performance level of something far far far less powerful.

I'm not buying this. Either the person with the STi was toying with this Civic or wasn't racing at all. End of story.

RN
    man, you need to start reading the whole thread before posting. No one here is assuming that the STI lost because of its "horrible top end".

but if you are going to sit there and tell me that I am lying about the STI's weakest point being top end, and the civics strongest is top end, then you are dumb.
    I am not saying that this guys kit produces 200whp. but that is what others are saying, and if the kit does indeed put down 200whp than the civic COULD have beaten it.

the civic has a better power to weight ratio is HP terms, which is what matters most in the high end. not only does the civic have a better power to weight ratio, but its racing in its strongest point, where as the sti is racing in its weakest.

I WANT ONE PERSON TO GIVE ME AN HONEST FACTUAL ARGUMENT ON WHY THE CIVIC COULD NOT HAVE BEATEN IT!!

and "STI ownzzzzz, and civic rice sucks" doesnt count. so far, none of you have given a good argument as to why the Civic could not have beaten the sti.

ANYONE?????

I think everyone is calling BS because they are just comparing 1/4 mile #'s STI runs 12.9-13.4. but you also have to consider the weight ratio too. a civic is alot lighter than an STI like a good ( not really sure how much but) 500-600 pounds lighter. combined with a High reving motor this thing is all about racing from a roll.

Originally posted by SjpWrx
    I think everyone is calling BS because they are just comparing 1/4 mile #'s STI runs 12.9-13.4. but you also have to consider the weight ratio too. a civic is alot lighter than an STI like a good ( not really sure how much but) 500-600 pounds lighter. combined with a High reving motor this thing is all about racing from a roll.
    very true, and i would like to thank you for being one of very few with an open mind.

on the previous page i re-did my calculations, and the civic is pulling less weight per horse power, not to mention the race is in civic territory.

Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    WHO CARES THIS IS GETTING BEATEN TO DEATH. There's too many factors, like temperature, how hot/cold the cars were, traction, christ even what they ate for breakfast is going to have an effect. Maybe the guy in the STi was just messing with him, maybe he wasn't racing, who knows, and since it wasn't one of us, we won't prove it, so DROP IT. I vote to close this thread unless someone has something important to post.
    I'm quoting myself because not one of you is saying anything worth sh*t and I'm the only one who matters. STOP TALKING
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

believable...

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    yes, it does sound odd that an 8psi kit is putting down 200whp.
    but I was going off of others words that it did. and if it does indeed out down those #'s, his civic is very capable of taking an STI from a roll.

anyone have more specific info on the turbo kit in question?
    Stafford Fabrication.

It's possible.
    Thanks to ACI Sports for their support.

Re: believable...

Originally posted by pntballfreak
    Stafford Fabrication.

It's possible.
    well, if the car is capable of mid 13's with the kit plus the other mods he has, then i dont see why its not possible.

thankyou for posting the link

Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    I'm quoting myself because not one of you is saying anything worth sh*t and I'm the only one who matters. STOP TALKING
    It's called free speech, don't like don't read it.

Thanks for the link... didn't realize Civic motors take to turbos so well. Wonder how the long term reliability will be.
    '03 WRX
    '03 SV650

Originally posted by merlot
    It's called free speech, don't like don't read it.

Thanks for the link... didn't realize Civic motors take to turbos so well. Wonder how the long term reliability will be.
    usually they hold up pretty well if you are not stupid with boost. problem is that many people buy the turbos and dont get proper tunning or supporting mods because of lack of money and end up blowing the engine.

I am afraid to turbo my GSR because i have heard horror stories of engines blowing, and i dont want to deal with that, this car needs to last me for a while longer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.