Just thought Id let you see what asshatery is going on... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just thought Id let you see what asshatery is going on... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Depends on the dyno, but around here, a stock STi puts down around 235 at the wheels....

Depends on the dyno, but around here, a stock STi puts down around 235 at the wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    I would love to. Yes the civic is fairly light. CF Hoods rarely do too much, the new Civics have a pretty light hood. Ok if we're going at 2500lbs for the civic and the STi weighs 3260 minus the spare like you said, we'll say 3200.

STi 3200/275=11.6 The Sti is pulling 11.6lbs per HP.
    Civic 2500/200=12.5 The Civic is pulling 12.5 lbs per HP.

The STi has a better power to weigh ratio.

Also if it was a 1st gear punch the Civic I'd imagine would have some trouble with traction. The STi probably wouldn't rape the civic but it should put a couple car links on him.
    first off, the kit puts 200whp, thats not including the bolt on's he has which could be good for a bit more horsepower, lets say 215, between intake, header, exhaust, manifold etc.. come to find out that an STI dynos at even less than 275, more around 255. so lets redue the equation shall we.

CIVIC - 2500/215=11.6
    STI - 3200/255=12.6

it seems the power to weight has been completely reversed. not to mention that the race from from a roll, which is the civics territory, not the STI's.

i dont see the big deal here, its very believable. a civic with respectable power beat an STI. THE STI LOST TO THE CIVIC!! get over it. i dont mean to be a d!ck, but come on guys, with so these cars are close in power to weight with the civic edgeing it out.

If I recall correctly, Bryan with the SF turbo kit was running 13s here at LACR, spinning tires in 2nd and 3rd. That was with a prototype kit a year ago. From a roll, it is possible to pull off a win. C'mon Joe, you know how well Civics respond to boost. I'd be hesitant to race one from a roll, even with my stage 2.

this is the reason why i'm getting out of the Honda scene in the next 6 months and will NEVER return again. I love Hondas, although torqueless, they are easy to mod and extremely reliable, but as you can see there are tons of morons/ricers/stunnas throughout the community. I was on the road with my friend (who happened to be a girl) and this civic that was just about stock with an exhaust pulled up next to me and when the light turns he races off. I have a rule that I never race with a girl in my car so i didn't take off or anything. When i return that night I check honda-tech.com and see some kid bragging that he beat a type-r (I should mention my car from a glance looks really close to a type-r) and he had happened to take a picture of the car and sure enough it was mine (******* didn't even blur the plates ).

Originally posted by TgoWRX04
    typical ricer talking. i beat some Sti yo, had a huge exhaust that added like 100 hp and i beat it yo. it was prolly a 2.5 rs

Originally posted by veteq
    This happens all the time, the civic beat a STI, that is when the owner of the STI is not aware the Civic is racing him.

LOL

Haha, I agree.
    Last edited by Nck1285; 02-29-2004 at 08:35 AM.
    2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
    Platinum Silver Metalic

DOB: 12/3/2003

Originally posted by TypeRfornow
    this is the reason why i'm getting out of the Honda scene in the next 6 months and will NEVER return again. I love Hondas, although torqueless, they are easy to mod and extremely reliable, but as you can see there are tons of morons/ricers/stunnas throughout the community. I was on the road with my friend (who happened to be a girl) and this civic that was just about stock with an exhaust pulled up next to me and when the light turns he races off. I have a rule that I never race with a girl in my car so i didn't take off or anything. When i return that night I check honda-tech.com and see some kid bragging that he beat a type-r (I should mention my car from a glance looks really close to a type-r) and he had happened to take a picture of the car and sure enough it was mine (******* didn't even blur the plates ).

Please tell me you went and set that guy straight !

Originally posted by TypeRfornow

OMFG. That sounds like a recipe for total and complete ownage. Explain that you absolutly know he didnt win a race against a type-R, then when he reponds asking how you know just post i pic of you flipping him off standing in front of said car and lic. plate. That would be fantastic.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by Nck1285

maybe i should of worded that differently, i wasnt sayin that to take anything away from the 2.5. im just sayin most kids who drive hondas wouldnt know the difference between an sti and 2.5. they "beat" someone in a race the automatically assume the car type that they raced is the highest level of that car, ex/ imprezza has the STi. supra its automatically the tt supra, and so on. sorry

Originally posted by Sick Boy
    Not that I'm defending some kid who thinks his Civic is fast. Those cars are sleds. BUT, Civics are lighter than 2900 lbs. Edmunds posts them between 2500 - 2600 lbs for a coupe. My coworker uses an older model for autocross and I'm pretty sure it tips the scales less than that. Regardless... his "kill" story is pretty ghey.
    100 pounds = .1 seconds quarter mile, roughly. My ex had a 7th gen Civic, I drove it every day. Slow as nuts. Turboed, it would still make an STi look like an F50. He's BSing, or the guy in the STi was effing with him
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    first off, the kit puts 200whp, thats not including the bolt on's he has which could be good for a bit more horsepower, lets say 215, between intake, header, exhaust, manifold etc.. come to find out that an STI dynos at even less than 275, more around 255. so lets redue the equation shall we.

CIVIC - 2500/215=11.6
    STI - 3200/255=12.6

it seems the power to weight has been completely reversed. not to mention that the race from from a roll, which is the civics territory, not the STI's.

i dont see the big deal here, its very believable. a civic with respectable power beat an STI. THE STI LOST TO THE CIVIC!! get over it. i dont mean to be a d!ck, but come on guys, with so these cars are close in power to weight with the civic edgeing it out.
    Iwas the first to say what you just said but if I read it correctly the Civic didnt even win. It just hung on with the STi, so the STi was stillin front therefore no kill.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Not like it matters. I'd still rather drive a nice, attractive car than a 10 second POS. I've never seen a Civic I liked.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    Not like it matters. I'd still rather drive a nice, attractive car than a 10 second POS. I've never seen a Civic I liked.
    u seen one, uve seen them all

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    Iwas the first to say what you just said but if I read it correctly the Civic didnt even win. It just hung on with the STi, so the STi was stillin front therefore no kill.
    The civic kid: immediately he jumped 1/2 a car on me, but as we went, he had a half a car on me the ENTIRE way with neither of us pulling ahead an inch ... I slowly began to pull ahead 1/2 way through 4th and he shut down when I got to the end of 4th ... so, around 110 or so ...

he said he slowly began to pull ahead.

i just dont undstand. Not only did i just do the math for you guys, but it was in the civic territory.

The bias here is rediculous. I mean its a wrx forum so i expect it, but come on! i would much rather have an STI than a civic that was a 9sec car. but thats not the topic. The civic in question could have very well beat an STI, and there is no reason to argue that. This is the best forum i have ever been to for a reason, lets get real. turbo civic putting over 200hp to the wheels and only weighing 2500lbs = STI style fast car or darn near it.

add in the fact that they were on a roll where civic shines and sti is at its weakest...... i dont see how it DOESNT make sense.

hey, besides this stupid stupid story or whatever didn't any of you think it was goddamn funny that this guy acted like he is some guy who knows a damn thing about cars when its obvious he isn't.........but come on he listed his SHIFTKNOB as a mod!!!ROTFL.......hahaha can you believe that ****.........a shiftknob and he lists the weight and how it is easy to throw into gear......i mean that shiftknob alone probably knocked a good half second of his 1/4 time......this guy says all he likes is streetracing?? wtf so that way he never has to prove anything and man up for a time slip, bet you this guy couldn't run better than a mid 14.

Streetracing is the worst kind i mean this guy is obviously someone who watched fast and the furious a few too many times

Originally posted by DTR maxima

i just dont undstand. Not only did i just do the math for you guys, but it was in the civic territory.

The bias here is rediculous. I mean its a wrx forum so i expect it, but come on! i would much rather have an STI than a civic that was a 9sec car. but thats not the topic. The civic in question could have very well beat an STI, and there is no reason to argue that. This is the best forum i have ever been to for a reason, lets get real. turbo civic putting over 200hp to the wheels and only weighing 2500lbs = STI style fast car or darn near it.

I believe the guy and more power to him for taking what he had and working with it but like stated above I dont know how much he really knows about cars. As for bias, I know, and most of us know, the WRX isnt the fastest car in the world especially from a roll so this is why the story does make sense if you work it out.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast