WRX Vs. GTP
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Vs. GTP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I am mainly seeing if the guy is on the board here. I was driving to work yesterday ...

WRX Vs. GTP

Hey guys,

I am mainly seeing if the guy is on the board here.
    I was driving to work yesterday and a blue WRX <03 with an exhaust was on 295S at 8:15am near Trenton, NJ.

We ran once because there was some traffic ahead, went from 70- about a 100mph. I pulled about a car maybe a little more.

Anyone on here?

Greg

2000 Black Debadged GTP
    13.322 @ 103MPH (Street Trim)
    < $1000 in mods
    www.apisureshot.com/gtp/1339.wmv

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice times on the family hauler. GTP's in black are wicked lookin rides, I could see Darth Vader sporting one. What are yer 60 foot times like?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

1.973 is my best on $51 tirerack tires. I pull a lot of 2.00's most of the time though. I just put on Nitto 555R's to help....

My race weight was 3610lbs.

Thanks,

Greg

Lotsa gusto in that ride. With an AWD launch you'd for sure be in the 12s. You'll give MOST WRX's a fit from a roll. Any ideas on how much twist you are puttin to the ground?

*edit*

Most as in, stockers need not play with said GTP.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Approx. 260FWHP & 340WTQ

Mods:

S/C Pulley
    3" Downpipe
    1.9 Intense Rockers
    DHP PCM
    9" K&N Intake

Whooo, HOLY TORQUE! Damn, wish I had TQ numbers like that, torque steer must be a PITA.

Goin by whp numbers, we'd be pretty evenly matched roll-on wise, from a stop I'd murder ya(that pesky AWD launch). I think tho, yer torque would give ya the jump and I'd settle in behind and follow ya till the crap aero on the WRX took its toll(roll on).

Those are the 3.8 liter lump right? Same engine thats in the Bonneville SSE's and such?

Correct about the 3.8 V6.

I just ordered a 75 Zex kit and headers, they are on the way......

As far as torque steer its not bad at all, it either goes or it roasts the tires.

Thanks for your interest.....I love suprising people on the road.....

Greg

Excellent! NO2 is a wonderful power-adder when done right. You'll be solid into the 12s then...and able to carry four adults in style, gotta love that.

Keep the shiney side up eh, and don't fry a piston.

two of my fav cars gtp and the wrx the gtps are sweet because they are so MONSTERIOUS and luxury but i have a friend that owns one on 12 psi nad 150 shot he runs low 12s
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by Shoregtp
    S/C Pulley
    3" Downpipe
    I created my avatar.

awesome times. I have friend with a 98 silver GTP coupe that is stock. he wants to run consistant mid-high 13's but his miles are kinda high so he wants to do it with saftey. what are some cheap but reliable mods to put the car in that e.t. range?

I was thinking a smaller pulley, full custom exhaust and intake. will that be good enough?

Smaller Pulley -
    3.4"

3" Downpipe -
    No need for a cat-back since our exhaust flows pretty good. I still have stock mufflers.

Intake -
    Obviously

PCM -
    DHP PCM

That will get him constant 13.7's at 99MPH. Also sticky tires or drag radials.

www.clubgp.com

Greg

I have a 3.4 pulley, DHP (Computer), Homemade fender intake and a 2.5" downpipe(I could use a 3", I don't think the 2.5" changes much)

My wife ran a 14.0@98 in it, I ran a 14.1@98.

Your friend can go to these places to get great mods for the GTP.

http://www.zzperformance.com/
    http://www.intense-racing.com
    http://www.pfyc.com

The mods are pretty much unlimited except for $$$

Great site by the way. Wrx's are pretty amazing vehicles and have great potential. I would consider one but I like bigger cars!
    Maybe the new Legacy!

Its scary when I raced a GTP with drag slicks like 6 times and I couldnt pull on the damn thing... dead even from the launch on.. damn his drag slicks all to hell... race after race, same damn outcome. It gets frustrating. (what im trying to say is, I like the GTP, but its too big for my tastes)
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

nice numbers... i like the platform, id get a regal though... better looks (from back) and bigger sleeper.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.