Forester XT vs. Nissan Maxima

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Nissan Maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Played around with a mid, maybe late 90's Nissan Maxima. Didn't get a chance to line up but it was ...

str

Forester XT vs. Nissan Maxima

Played around with a mid, maybe late 90's Nissan Maxima. Didn't get a chance to line up but it was pretty fast on the highway. I don't think he was trying to race but just trying to go fast. I pulled pretty hard at first, he caught up a little bit but was still several cars behind. I slowed down to see if he wanted to line up but he flew buy me. Anyway, it was fun. They have some beefy V-6's in them.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Friend of mine has a 2003 6 speed, great car. Its cursed tho. Tree fell on it, got reamed in a parking lot, and got tagged in a parking garage. Every time he was away from the car. Other than the curse its a helluva cruiser. INSTANT torque, gobs of power. I'm at stage 2 vishnu(basically TXS stage 4) and he jumps on me when rolling, granted I reel him in with the quickness and blow by. That on-the-spot torque is so very nice. Frankencar intake and underdrive pulley is all he's sporting mod wise. Oh, when it gets into the variable valve timing rev range, it sounds soooo good. Torque steer is...uhhh...kinda intense.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I used to have a 97 with auto tranny (manuals supposedly had too small of a clutch) with CAI, deleted cat Stillen y-pipe, Stillen muffler and the thing sounded wicked when going WOT. It was black and had Fittipaldi Polaris 17x7.5's on them. I really loved that car, as it saved my life when a dirt hauler sandwiched me into the center divder...

Good cars.

I had 2 maxima's. both modded. the first one saved my life when i went into a tree. that front end absorbed a lot of impact and i was pretty much scratchless.

My 97' max sounded so great when it was opened up. It had the rumble of a v8 at WOT, and sporty sound with regular driving. I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, easily modded 4 door manual. there are several people running low 14's with less than 2grand in mods. the 4th gen 190hp ones too

I cant dump 2 grand into a car to have it run low 14's...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I cant dump 2 grand into a car to have it run low 14's...
    I dont follow.... I was referring to the car running low 14's, which I think is good for a 190hp FWD 5speed 4 door that is more or less a luxury sedan. come to think of it, if you take a cheap route with budget ypipe, custom catback, intake, and ECU you could run low 14's with under 1grand.