wrx vs 02GTI VR6
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs 02GTI VR6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy just got an 02 GTI vr6 and just intalled a cat back exhaust. He took me for a ...

wrx vs 02GTI VR6

My buddy just got an 02 GTI vr6 and just intalled a cat back exhaust. He took me for a spin and holy crap does that thing pull!! I was very impressed. I asked him if he wanted to runand we headed for the highway....

We did 2 runs both the same results, we went from about 5mph up to 110, and both time i put about 4 or 5 car lengths on him, or thereabouts.

The torque just makes thos cars feel so much different i thought the race would be closer especially at the top end.
    02 aspen white wrx

1/4 ET 13.9

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes from what i hear those things feel like they pull harder than they really do...probably cause it pulls at all rpm not just boost range like a rex does...anyway they are deceptacons

I think it has to do a lot with the soft suspension of vws. The car has the tendency, especially with a vr6 engine to move and sway under acceleration making it seem like it is running hard.

I know exactly what your talking about. the mid range torque creates more of a hard pull than a quick pull, which in essence makes it seem a lot faster. I have a friend with a VR-6 with minor mods, and when he took me for a ride, i would have said it was a mid 14sec car. a few weeks later, he ran it and only pulled low 15's.

they are really fun cars though

I've owned a few VW's and it's not the VR6's that are fast, but the 1.8T 's that are chipped. Those can be very quick.

str
    Those GTI's look sweet though. I raced a 1.8 GTI when I had a boost controller and he was very close from a roll. When we went from a dig I pulled a couple of cars but it was hanging in there.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I don't know how loud the cat back was, but a loud exhaust can increase the perception of speed.
    2002 WRX WRB

yeah i get beat off the line by wrxs but before 1st i am about 2 cars infront of them by about 2 cars

my gti is fast but it didn't come this way and it tooke like 9 grnade to get it there
    if its not fast it better be a show car

but vr-6s just feel real fast
    but when they are real fast they are silly they feel like rockets
    if its not fast it better be a show car

the 1.8T is definatly a more modable/tuner car and is faster. but like i was saying... the reason the vr-6 feels faster is because of the mid range torque it posses, and because its a german built car it tends to pull pretty hard uptop also.

My friend just picked up a vr6 jetta and I do admit it "feels" fast but I've never raced him but being in his car it feels like it would be close, maybe on the freeway. I guess theres only one way to really find out though. It really does seem to pull throughout the rpm w/ a lot of low end grunt.

I tried to tell him to get a golf... but he insisted the jetta is better I do admit the interior is very nice, leather-heated seats.

I agree that its the torque that gives it the nice feel. Its a nice steady pull all the way through the rpm's.

I agree the sound of the exhaust helps the perception as well. Next to rex's i think that vr6 may be my next fav exhaust (with the exception of anything Italian)
    02 aspen white wrx

1/4 ET 13.9

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.