Fastest WRX... So they say...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fastest WRX... So they say... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry to cross post but the Drag Forum doesn't seem to get much traffic. Http://www.driversimage.com They claim its the fastest... ...

Fastest WRX... So they say...

Sorry to cross post but the Drag Forum doesn't seem to get much traffic.

Http://www.driversimage.com

They claim its the fastest... Anybody know anybody faster?
    '02 Sedan Black (MT)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is the fastest in the country. Its wickedwrxwagon on the i-club. He's got headers, nos, just upgraded this week from vf23 to vf30 and also just installed an s-afc so look for that time to get even faster.

i saw that over on iclub. tock turbo and internals, with a 50 shot. i think he'll be deep in the 11's very soon.

dR

I love the fact that it's a wagon. I just think that is so cool when a wagon can put up numbers like that. Kinda messes with your head!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Argh, I really don't like the external stuff they did to the car. If they use the money for performance instead of making the car ugly, they will be much faster now. Lol.

i agree the "Visual" stuff is too much for my taste.
    '02 Sedan Black (MT)

dr-- he is using stock internals, but not the stock turbo on his setup. i was surprised though to read that he is using the factory computer as well as stock fuel pump and injectors. i'd think these should be the obvious next steps to take, and that they would be able to get a lot more out of the bigger turbo that way.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

You are thinking of BYBYV8. He used stock turbo + nos to break Nathans record originally...which has been surpassed by this wagon....

VV

Originally posted by dark_rex
    i saw that over on iclub. tock turbo and internals, with a 50 shot. i think he'll be deep in the 11's very soon.

dR

Originally posted by jk147
    Argh, I really don't like the external stuff they did to the car. If they use the money for performance instead of making the car ugly, they will be much faster now. Lol.
    Don't forget, they made the interior ugly, too:

2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

TurboXS's car has the power to run 11s... they ran a 12.4@118 a couple of fridays ago... I would like to have seen that run!! That trap speed is good for a very deep 11 second run, especially for a WRX!!

def

BTW- I think that interior picture is taken out of context.... as in it probably looks much better with the rest of the car when in person.... I like the car alot... a couple of their pics almost make it look like a GC8.... I like the plexiglass scoop replacement too...
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

At least he has the power to back up the looks unlike most imports. I kinda dig the plexiglass piece in place of the hood scoop too.
    '03 STi killer

dw
    I think the fastest WRX right now is Evolution Racing's WRX with the DSM FP Green. It runs like 7.6-7.7 1/8th mile runs but they don't have a 1/4 track nearby. That equates to probably mid 11s on a 1/4 track. Other than that, Cobb's project conebasher car with the 2.5L block or AV Sports ProRally car are probably faster, but those aren't street cars persay. Check out the power curve on the conebasher car (at the wheels):

http://www.projectcobb.com/conebasher/dyno.html

The Driver's Image car will get quickly surpassed I think. They are running .1 sec faster than a guy on a stock turbo with N20.

Originally posted by jk147
    come on, you see that rear wing on that thing? I also functions as a nice towel rack. LMAO@it....

That is what it looks like from the back in that one picture.

Ppower

We have the fastest down under...Not the current shape but in the 10.5 sec range.....

http://www.autospeed.com.au/A_0579/page1.html

MichaelWRX
    01 WRX World Rally Blue

dw
    Cobb tuning, www.cobbtuning.com, is working on a 9 second GC8. That's with the use of nitrous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.