350Z twin turbo vs. Evo 8 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350Z twin turbo vs. Evo 8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the horrible clutch in the evo can ruin the experience... ugg, the stock suby clutch is way better , even ...

the horrible clutch in the evo can ruin the experience... ugg, the stock suby clutch is way better , even modded.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can't see the video!

well-made video....but I expected more from the Z. More displacement, less drivetrain loss, two turbos, better aerodynamics, less weight? (not sure), closer gearing; I thought it would pull more than two cars. With those simple mods the Evo has, it prob isnt far from what that Z cost stock.

so whats ur syaing is u need two turbos a whole liter more displacement and rwd to beat a four cyldineer .... intresting
    if its not fast it better be a show car

$)$ (404 Not Found)

$)$ (404 Not Found)

i think the 350 is reallly heavy!
    but two nice cars oh how i love them both
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

me want video...it no workie

I was surprised at the end when the car spun out!
    Drifting away...

I Support ClubWRX
    Could someone else host this? I've tried numerous times at different times of day, and can never get this video...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

that 1-2 shift in the evo sometimes is a pain... trust me.... even though i haven't seen the video.. i would hope the EVO stayed atleast close to the 350....

i got to race some kid here who was talking noise about how he ran 11's in his 350..... anyway.. he was stupid enough to race me from a stop.. needless to say it wasn't pretty for him
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Missind second is much easier than you think in an Evo with a stock clutch and rubber clutch line. The engagement suffers greatly between it and the restrictor they place in solenoid. Thats why some Evos clutches are fried after a couple thousand miles already.

I even have the S/S clutch line and clutch restrictor valve removed and I still miss it sometimes. It all comes from over-anticipation. I find that usually when I bone second, I'm too worried about it.

11k miles and my synchros are starting to go.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

Originally posted by Kramit
    Missind second is much easier than you think in an Evo with a stock clutch and rubber clutch line. The engagement suffers greatly between it and the restrictor they place in solenoid. Thats why some Evos clutches are fried after a couple thousand miles already.

I even have the S/S clutch line and clutch restrictor valve removed and I still miss it sometimes. It all comes from over-anticipation. I find that usually when I bone second, I'm too worried about it.

11k miles and my synchros are starting to go.
    yea that rubber clutch line is a pain... i got my ss line here in front of me now... waiting for all my tranny and diff fliuds to come in before i switch mines out.... i try to take it easy on the tranny till i put all this on. 11k's and syncros are gone???? damn...
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

hmm.. I had no idea that the evo's were having this issue... But then, what do I know... They don't even sell them up in Canada... despite them being at Mitsubishi's stand at the CIAS in Toronto....I'd still like one though

I have missed 3rd many times in the wrx when I hit the gate.. 2ng gear isn't as quick a gear to engage though, but never missed it..

When the evos miss that gear, does 2nd gear just deside not to engage? Or is it that the shift gate isn't as well defined as other cars?

Kramit - are you gonna rebuild your tranny sometime soon? Or wuld warranty cover it? Just curious as to how anal Mtsubishi is in regard to faulty trannies and warranty work.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Still not working
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

id still pimp the evo over a Z
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.