Is my car slow??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is my car slow?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i raced my friend's rsx type s starting from a 40mph roll. he has exhaust and CAI, i have intake, ...

Is my car slow??

i raced my friend's rsx type s starting from a 40mph roll. he has exhaust and CAI, i have intake, uppipe, and downpipe (all catless) but stock exhaust. and i barely pulled on him..i mean like...1 foot maybe. i was pretty shocked...is something wrong with my car or does the wrx just suck starting from 40mph?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the rsx is not a joke from a roll. people have hit 13s with just intake exhaust and hondata.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah,that Acura has a lot of top end.He's just getting into his powerband around 5000 RpM.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

RSX-S can be deadly up top, but seems like some people on this forum doesn't believe so...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Re: Is my car slow??

Originally posted by oooggss
    i raced my friend's rsx type s starting from a 40mph roll. he has exhaust and CAI, i have intake, uppipe, and downpipe (all catless) but stock exhaust. and i barely pulled on him..i mean like...1 foot maybe. i was pretty shocked...is something wrong with my car or does the wrx just suck starting from 40mph?
    Nahh RSX-S are just very even cars for us to race from a roll and the outcome is highly dependent on the skill of both drivers.

i think you should have beat him by a lot more, especially since ur modded.

ya there fast from a roll but then race him from a stop
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

Weird

You should have won by more than that, if the RSX only had Exhaust and Intake.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

you pulled on him?....

rsx-s is not so slow as people might think. specially with intake/exhaust
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not too surpring to me. If the driver in the RSX is any good it will be a good race. Get yourself a boost controller, and it will be all over

i remember a show where they dyno'd an rsx-s, there was only like an 11% loss in the drive train.....it dyno'd at 179whp

so yeah, very nice top end
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

maybe you cant drive, having a catless exhaust should cancel out the mods he has. ive raced rsx-s from a 40 roll and he had an intake whereas im stock and i pulled pretty hard on him.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

hey now I happen to dirve a type s at the moment and srry to tell you guys this but with hondata cai and exghaust it's quite a competitor....the new K series is gonna kick some serious ass when the aftermarket really gets goin..... sadly I'll be parting with mine soon for an STI...although I should keep it, supercharge it, and race you all from a roll start first to prove its potential....that was originally the plan but i drove an sti and saw the beauty of all wheel drive

Originally posted by jungdragon
    you pulled on him?....

rsx-s is not so slow as people might think. specially with intake/exhaust
    That's what i've been trying to say...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

So much of this is about the driver. I've had launches where I could whup a 911. I've also had launches where the city bus got 1/2 a car length on me. Might have been changing the radio station though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.