Lightly Modded WRX vs. RSX-S
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lightly Modded WRX vs. RSX-S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This doesn't seem to happen to me very often. I don't generally do the street racing thing. But this guy ...

I Support ClubWRX

Lightly Modded WRX vs. RSX-S

This doesn't seem to happen to me very often. I don't generally do the street racing thing. But this guy kinda set up a situation, so I went along with it for a bit.

I was on a 2 lane road, which goes to 4 lanes after a light. A young (under 25) Asian guy was in a pretty silver RSX-S directly in front of me, and we were both waiting for the light to change. I could see him eyeballing me in his mirror. When the light changed, he made a dive for the right-hand lane and braked, basically taking up the space I needed to be in for my turn onto the highway, which was still 1/4 of a mile down the road. I had 2 options, either to brake hard and swoop in behind him, or give it gas. Since there were cars behind me, I chose to give it gas. As luck would have it, we both downshifted at the same time. Hearing the noise coming from him, I went WOT just for the fun of it, taching 2nd up to about 5500rpm, then 3rd gear up to about 80mph. I walked him fairly soundly. I'm guessing he is stock.

He pulled up alongside me a minute later, as I was going down the highway at my normal cruise speed of 70. I gave him the thumbs-up. He just stared at me, then finally pointed ahead, then gased his car hard to challenge me. I shook my head to decline. There's waaaay too many cops on that stretch of road. A roll-on race there means speeds in the triple digits, and I just don't do that anymore. As he turned off on to his exit, he flashed his hazards to proclaim his "win". I laughed, and went on my way.

I know, it's boring, but this stuff doesn't happen to me very much!

I'm running the PDE Downpipe, Cobb catback, and the Cobb stage 2 reflash.

Edited for spelling...
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 02-24-2004 at 04:52 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

typical ricers, oh well.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Well he thought you were a chicken i guess, but your the chicken with a brain so you won...or maybe he was implying that his hazards flash faster then yours...??
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

yea he had a bad case of rice. go way to be mature about the situation

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, I guess I should state up front that I am chicken about visiting the far end of my speedo these days. I love high speeds, but the family budget just BARELY lets me own this car. High insurance premiums and/or the cost of an attorney would eat me alive right now. I try to keep my acceleration runs in the 0-70 range.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

nice run... I am at stage4 plus levels of power, and don't race into the tripple digits myself... I'll race up to 80 or 90mph, and tthen cut off the power whether I am winning or losing....

At at those speeds, at least I can come up with a decent excuse for a cop if I get pulled over, but if busted doing over 100mph, on a highway that has a limit of 60mph, what can you say?????
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga

At at those speeds, at least I can come up with a decent excuse for a cop if I get pulled over, but if busted doing over 100mph, on a highway that has a limit of 60mph, what can you say?????

I had to go to the bathroom sir

If a cop pulled out behind me after I passed him doing a hundred+, I think I would go to the bathroom right there on the spot

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Re: Lightly Modded WRX vs. RSX-S

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    As he turned off on to his exit, he flashed his hazards to proclaim his "win".

Sounds like the stuff I get into.... funny though I was pushed into triple digits by an Outback last weekend. Hehehe. Upon his instigation, we cat/moused our way for miles and miles! Funny thing though... he would not look over at my . I think he must have had turbo-envy.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

I drive a RSX S and I am not a ricer, damn it!
    03 Artic Blue Pearl Acura RSX Type S:

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the RSX-S is an awesome car, especially in the silver that the dude had yesterday. Nice interior, strong NA motor, what's not to like?

That car wasn't riced out at all, btw.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

i hate people like do stuff like this. he'll still hurt at night knowing he couldn't keep up. maybe flashing his hazards makes him feel better.

Good restraint though in not giving in. Really hate that hazards thing though and seems to be even more people doing it.

T.

i dunno about the hazards but in my community and the guys i hang out with, we use it just to say "hi" or a friendly flash when we split up our ways, i've never heard about hazards stating "i beat you" i always use them on the highway if someone moves out of my way in left lane i just say "thank you" with my hazards. Just my 2 pennies
    Last edited by rallymaniac; 02-26-2004 at 10:17 AM.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

yeah i agree. this guy acutally sounds pretty cool. he was probably flashing his hazards to say "see ya later". if he did it after a race or a flyby, thats an entirely different story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.