wrx and srt-4? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on wrx and srt-4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ONeBadREx maybe..if thats the case then im taking my car to another track to see what i ...

Originally posted by ONeBadREx
    maybe..if thats the case then im taking my car to another track to see what i can do....maybe this friday

frederick

Tracks do make a big difference. Thats why it can be hard to make real comparisons. Its kind of like comparing dyno numbers.

There are definately certain tracks where everyone runs much faster times. The Pro racers know which tracks are fast and which ones are not so fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn eb!! You have 31K on the clock already? I got mine a week before you and I only have 13K!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    Damn eb!! You have 31K on the clock already? I got mine a week before you and I only have 13K!!
    That just means you don't drive enough.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    That just means you don't drive enough.

RN
    Exactly.. I didn't buy mine to sit in my driveway and look pretty
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

how are the dealers being with driving test driving them. I dont want to buy one, but i have sat in couple and they seems nice, i would really like to take a drive in one. I am 18 y/o though, think they will give me much trouble?

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    how are the dealers being with driving test driving them. I dont want to buy one, but i have sat in couple and they seems nice, i would really like to take a drive in one. I am 18 y/o though, think they will give me much trouble?
    When they're done with you, they'll put your head on a pike out front with "DECLINED" on your forehead.

Oops...sorry...maybe they will let you test drive one.

RN

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Tracks do make a big difference. Thats why it can be hard to make real comparisons. Its kind of like comparing dyno numbers.

There are definately certain tracks where everyone runs much faster times. The Pro racers know which tracks are fast and which ones are not so fast.
    yea i really need to take my car to another track. i wanted to take my car to another track this week(b/c i had the week off), but its been raining everywhere it seems..and who knows when ill be able to take it to another track for a while, but i do plan on it.

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

The one near my house (Cecil county dragway) is said to place everything at least 1 tenth faster then the next closest track in ATCO nj. Its kinda funny how somthing as easy a flat strip of road can be built out of spec.
    I created my avatar.

i think the reason that dodge is now more confident with there cars, is because its no longer one of their engines, from what i have heard its a mercedes engine i mean my parents had a 98 dodge neon about a year ago this crap died out. i myself wont trust a dodge dont get me wrong the srt4 is a quick mofo but i still wouldnt buy one
    even though that is a reall good bang for your buck car
    Eternal blue pearl
    squential sport shift

Originally posted by donmeca2020
    i think the reason that dodge is now more confident with there cars, is because its no longer one of their engines, from what i have heard its a mercedes engine i mean my parents had a 98 dodge neon about a year ago this crap died out. i myself wont trust a dodge dont get me wrong the srt4 is a quick mofo but i still wouldnt buy one
    even though that is a reall good bang for your buck car
    Sorry dude, but you couldn't be any more wrong. The 2.4L was around before the merger. The egine was around and being used before it even hit US soil. The was refined by a specialty group called PVO (now called SRT) and then it made its way to the SRT-4. And no, the group of engineers are not from Germany.

It is true that some of the newer models debuting in 2005 will contain many Mercedes parts though. The 2004 Chrysler Crossfire is basically a re-skinned MB CLK 320.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

It's a dodge engine, just like the 3.7, 4.7, Hemi, etc... I has, however, passed the strict durability tests MB put in place when they decided to start improving Chrysler image. Almost all the chrysler automatic trannys have been replaced by MB trannys though, and the new 300c and Magnum are based of a MB platform..
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by drizze99
    Sorry dude, but you couldn't be any more wrong. The 2.4L was around before the merger. The egine was around and being used before it even hit US soil. The was refined by a specialty group called PVO (now called SRT) and then it made its way to the SRT-4. And no, the group of engineers are not from Germany.

It is true that some of the newer models debuting in 2005 will contain many Mercedes parts though. The 2004 Chrysler Crossfire is basically a re-skinned MB CLK 320.
    The 2.4L (non-turbo) was used beforehand in the PT Cruiser and before that in a number of cars too. Then demand for a PT with some kind of kick (instead of none) caused development and the engine ended up in the SRT4, resulting in a little rocket...and a whale (PT) that's not as slow as before. ...had to watch too many articles on it on PT forums before mine ceased to meet my needs.

RN

str
    All of the info I have seen on the SRT-4 seems to be consitently in the low 14's for the 1/4 mile and a mid 5 sec 0-60. Not too shabby for being stock.
    2004 Black Forester XT

the motor is a tweaked stratus 2.4

stock wrx looses in every contest of speed except what awd prevails at 60ft times and 8thmile times. stock vs stock.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    the motor is a tweaked stratus 2.4

stock wrx looses in every contest of speed except what awd prevails at 60ft times and 8thmile times. stock vs stock.
    hey!!!!!!! I just said that!

ps, don't forget about road condition too. in a rainy and snowy day, you know which car will win!!!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.