vs 02 stang gt but have ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on vs 02 stang gt but have ?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok it really wasnt even close...by 4th i had 4+ cars. so the question. what does a stock gt run..and ...

vs 02 stang gt but have ??

ok it really wasnt even close...by 4th i had 4+ cars. so the question. what does a stock gt run..and hp #'s. right now all i have on the car ( for winter purposes ) is the up and straight pipe. it was from a dig, i had a car on him immediatly and just got worse ( for him ) bout a car length a gear. i like those cars but i know im not that fast and it was a gt. at next light we exchanged pleasantries, nice guy, he was really shocked tho
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone even have a link so i can search for myself ??

cant seem to find a site with a encyclopedia of cars with this info

Re: vs 02 stang gt but have ??

Originally posted by racerWRX
    ok it really wasnt even close...by 4th i had 4+ cars. so the question. what does a stock gt run..and hp #'s. right now all i have on the car ( for winter purposes ) is the up and straight pipe. it was from a dig, i had a car on him immediatly and just got worse ( for him ) bout a car length a gear. i like those cars but i know im not that fast and it was a gt. at next light we exchanged pleasantries, nice guy, he was really shocked tho
    I believe stock GTs run low 14s / high 13s for the most part....dunno what the wheel hp actually is on one but I think the new GTs factory claimed hp is 255 / 265 or so....love to run those things.......

03 SRT4

Mopar Stage 1
    Mopar STS
    Mopar Catback Exhaust

!!!6.3 to 60 , 15.1 @ 93 in the quarter

this was at car and driver. is that right ??? they cant be that slow...can they ???? why even buy the car.....i hope not just for the name
    Last edited by racerWRX; 02-24-2004 at 02:58 PM.

!!!6.3 to 60 , 15.1 @ 93 in the quarter

this was at car and driver. is that right ??? they cant be that slow...can they ???? why even buy the car.....i hope not just for the name
    dunno bout the car they ran that time with......but I dont believe thats typical of a recent model GT at all.....maybe with an automatic? but not with a manual and good driver.....
    03 SRT4

Mopar Stage 1
    Mopar STS
    Mopar Catback Exhaust

Banned
    wheel hp are like 230's on the 99 and up stangs. My previous car was a 2k stang gt.The autos have slush boxes

1999+ Mustang GT Manual Stock has 260 horses and 302 Torque. They cant hit 14 flat in the 1/4 mile. From what I have heard though, a WRX with your mods (which I also have) should be able to take one up to 110ish (after that they start pulling probably)

1998 and eariler are SLOW unless they are modded. The GT whose specs you found sounds like the 1998 and earlier. These have 225 Horsepower and 290 Torque I believe
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

i just expected a little more and he probably expected alot less !!!

Stock 5 speed GT's have around 220-230RWHP and about 260-270RWTQ. Gears do not give any HP, but help a lot. A modded one (exhaust, underdrive pulleys, timing adjuster) usually have around 240-250RWHP and 275-285RWTQ. Stock GT's run 14's (~100MPH), modded run high 13's (~102MPH), and modded w/ slicks run low to mid 13's (~104MPH). Stock GT's run from 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. All this is with a good driver, and auto's run about 0.2 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

I Support ClubWRX
    [B

this was at car and driver. is that right ??? they cant be that slow...can they ???? why even buy the car.....i hope not just for the name [/B]
    Wow your kidding right? I'm not going to take the time to go into deal on the car but I found this qoute very...well just poorly thought out. Anything that rolls off the factory and can hit mid to low 14's is a decent car. With very minor mods these's cars can be very quick, with a P1sc or S-trim you'd have a hard time getting with in two cars of it. Stock for stock they are a good run for a WRX that was built for a different reason and targets a different group. Mod vs Mod I dont think there is a cheaper car made to go fast.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    Wow your kidding right? I'm not going to take the time to go into deal on the car but I found this qoute very...well just poorly thought out. Anything that rolls off the factory and can hit mid to low 14's is a decent car. With very minor mods these's cars can be very quick, with a P1sc or S-trim you'd have a hard time getting with in two cars of it. Stock for stock they are a good run for a WRX that was built for a different reason and targets a different group. Mod vs Mod I dont think there is a cheaper car made to go fast.
    the quote was from what i found on the web site. i didnt think that they were slow to begin with but reading the stats on the car just really suprised me. i not trying to start a flame war just the literature i had read just seemed wrong.

Must mustangs don't have a supercharger strapped in it. It's not the cheapest thing to do ($3500+tuning).
    View My Members Page

str
    Stock GT's that I saw at the track last summer were running low 15's and very high 14's with manual transmision. Very easy to mod though.
    2004 Black Forester XT

HAHA i laugh at all this, one of my good friends has an 02 GT with exhaust, throttle body... runs 13.6@103. I think a stage II Rex could hang from a roll, but torque will aid the stang on a roll race... Its not as great of a motor as the 4v cobra motor(8k rpm). but it does have an ok aftermarket.

I cant see a stock turbo'd rex giving one of these a legitimate @sswhoopin, considering the driver isnt problematic.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Check out this months issue of muscle mustangs and fast fords magazine. There are two guys that have 99+ GT's w/ bullit intakes, enforced axels, upgraded clutch, slicks that run 12.5 @ 105MPH with a 3400lbs weight.
    View My Members Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast