Crazy LT1 Formula driver goes down
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Crazy LT1 Formula driver goes down within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was up in Ohio for the weekend visiting family and was making a run in the scooby for some ...

Crazy LT1 Formula driver goes down

I was up in Ohio for the weekend visiting family and was making a run in the scooby for some food. As I was pulling out of the alotment I noticed a black (what I thought at the time was a V6 Firebird) pass by. By the time a spot cleared he was 3 or 4 cars ahead of me.

A couple miles down the road I saw him pull right into a parking lot for a township office building. I thought it was kinda strange seeing how this was Sunday and there was no one there. As I passed him I noticed that it was not a V6 but rather a Formula V8 (basicaly a transam without the appearance mods.) Sure enough, he immediately pulled right back out behind me.

I had a truck in front of me but as soon as it turned I decided to see if this guy wanted to run. He was right on my ass as the truck turned but I slipped it into first with a blip of the throttle. I saw his car squat as he tried to keep up but I was pulling on him pretty hard. Pretty soon we had caught up to another truck so we had to slow down again.

Now about this time we were beginning to climb a hill with a double yellow line. What does this wacko do? He passes me and the truck on the double yellow just as we are cresting this hill! I about crapped my pants. I guess he had to prove that he was the stupidest one of us??

Once we crested the hill and I made sure there was no traffic coming I passed the truck and ran him down. Now if any of ya'll live up north you can attest to how bad the roads are in the winter. Well he was trying to lose me on some curvy/bumpy roads but it wasnt happening. I had to keep letting off to avoid hitting him.

He eventually quit trying so I started looking for a road to turn off since I had gone outta my way. When he say my blinker he turned off too and we had a little chat. Turns out he just got the car a month ago. When I asked him WTF he was doing he just shrugged. He wanted to see what I had under the hood but I told him "just exhaust" to mess with him.

I wonder if he'll try messing with any other WRX's.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 02-23-2004 at 09:27 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kill....those lt1s are pigs
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Re: Crazy LT1 Formula driver goes down

He wanted to see what I had under the hood but I told him "just exhaust" to mess with him.

I wonder if he'll try messing with any other WRX's. [/B]

hahha your stories are still money, i love them.

Sounds like fun. If there was a population here, I'd find people to mess with... Closest I've come is 2 Mustangs FLED from me yesterday. Happens, being the only STi in town...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That guy isn't gonna be around to race anyone if he keeps passing blind up a hill on a double yellow.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Yeah, good point. The guy in the truck was beeping his horn like mad.

I was on my way home from the trip and came across a Cayene (sp?) Turbo on the highway. We were all alone with miles of open freeway but no dice. The dude never looked over at me the entire time I paced him. I even blipped the throttle but got no response. That would have been a cool race.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    not all of them .

Good kill to the origional poster, and lol at the "just exhaust" part. Poor Firebird guy probably went and traded in on a WRX saying to his self, "Exhaust must really wake these things up." lol.
    '04 WR Blue STi (Stock for now)
    '95 Purple T/A (Very Not Stock)

Thanks man. Believe me, I know LT1's are not pigs. I have several friends with bolt-ons and a little nitrous that can hand me my ass on the bottle.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

I've found a new respect in the LS/LT1 owners. Those cars can sure move. I know I wouldn't stand a chance against most of them.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Oo Joe 24 oO

Yeah, 300 n/a HP stock sucks! And torque? Who needs 345 ft/lbs of it? Pushah! And who cares about 13 second 1/4 miles in a stock car either?

They SUCK!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by WRXless

Yeah, 300 n/a HP stock sucks! And torque? Who needs 345 ft/lbs of it? Pushah! And who cares about 13 second 1/4 miles in a stock car either?

They SUCK!
    It would seem you got the LT1 and LS1 confused.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

lt1's while not an ls1 still run 13's stock...I have seen some lt1's that will smoke quite a few cars.

NEW LT1's with manual trans were running 13's. Problem is that they get real old, real fast. most I see now adays that are 94-97 are only running low to mid 14's.

LS1 is completely different, although their hp numbers are not that different, the power curve is. LS1 is more advanced and offers a hard pull upto redline, they actually have really good top end, where as the LT1's did not at all.

i have walked a couple Lt1's from a roll with my mid 14 sec integra GSR.

but...... LT1 takes to mods just like LS1. easy 12 sec cars with very few bolt on's.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    NEW LT1's with manual trans were running 13's. Problem is that they get real old, real fast. most I see now adays that are 94-97 are only running low to mid 14's.

LS1 is completely different, although their hp numbers are not that different, the power curve is. LS1 is more advanced and offers a hard pull upto redline, they actually have really good top end, where as the LT1's did not at all.

i have walked a couple Lt1's from a roll with my mid 14 sec integra GSR.

but...... LT1 takes to mods just like LS1. easy 12 sec cars with very few bolt on's.
    FYI, I owned an LT1 Vette. A top speed of 169 mph is hardly a crappy top end. I'm not saying the LT1 is as good as the LS1, but it is still a contender.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by renichms
    It would seem you got the LT1 and LS1 confused.

RN
    Uhm... no.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast