I overestimated the STi's top end. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I overestimated the STi's top end. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We know that the engines themselves are under 14,000, but wouldn't you need a car to put them in? VV ...

We know that the engines themselves are under 14,000, but wouldn't you need a car to put them in?

VV

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    The LS-1 or LS6 are probaly the most feared of all top end car for under 14,000 that i've ever drove.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I didnt see the "under 14k" segment.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

any sti's that think they are hot **** in the atlanta area, and want to get SCHOOLED by an ls1, let me know. i got a "near stock" ls1 now... just MILD MILD bolt ons... you know, k&n filter, lid, exhaust. only traps 110.

so yeah, im calling bull**** on you people with sti's claiming to beat modded ls1's from rolls. btw, i ran a 12.7 with this setup of intake, exhaust and shifter only. that was on 89 gas 150 extra pounds of junk(spending the weekend at a college)
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

how about curvy road??
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    ...... btw, i ran a 12.7 with this setup of intake, exhaust and shifter only. that was on 89 gas 150 extra pounds of junk(spending the weekend at a college)
    If you went 12.7 with only intake and exhaust, and on 89 octane (and an extra 150 lbs), congratulations, you have a "factory freak".
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

any sti's that think they are hot **** in the atlanta area, and want to get SCHOOLED by an ls1, let me know. i got a "near stock" ls1 now... just MILD MILD bolt ons... you know, k&n filter, lid, exhaust. only traps 110.

so yeah, im calling bull**** on you people with sti's claiming to beat modded ls1's from rolls. btw, i ran a 12.7 with this setup of intake, exhaust and shifter only. that was on 89 gas 150 extra pounds of junk(spending the weekend at a college)
    My 99Z28 ran low to mid 13s with exhaust and intake. From my experience this is much more common than your situation. So you definately have a fast LS1 if what your saying is true.

But
    This is coming from the same guy that says he ran
    11.7 @ 123 mph with " a few mods"
    Now all the sudden he has an LS1 with a few mild mods that runs 12.7 @ 110 mph ,

I would guess your at the very least running full exhaust
    ( headers, catback), intake, gears , etc, for starters. Thats what most the guys are running that claim to be basically stock. For all we know your still running your 11.7 setup?

I just loved the guy at Immokelee raceway one Friday night ( 02 LS1 Z28) that told me his car was " basically stock". He didn't know I used to own one. He popped the hood and he had all the usual bolt ons.
    (Intake lid, long tube headers, Borla exhaust, throttle body, and probably more that I couldn't see. To me thats not basically stock.
    I never did get a chance to race him (good for him), I was running 8.20s to his 8.50s in the 1/8 mile. There was even a stock 98-99 LS1 Trans Am at the track running 8.80s- 8.90s .

300z's are no joke when it comes to top end runs..... but what do you expect twin turbo 6.....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Originally posted by ilivas
    how about curvy road??
    OMG..There's got to be one in every thread .

so yeah, im calling bull**** on you people with sti's claiming to beat modded ls1's from rolls.
    Im lost, who said they beat a modded LS1 from a roll? At least I am not seeing it in this post. And to lump in our lowly four-bangers with a LS1 is like the Americans beating the Russians in 1980...

Wait a minute.

Originally posted by copracer288
    If you went 12.7 with only intake and exhaust, and on 89 octane (and an extra 150 lbs), congratulations, you have a "factory freak".
    Not true, do your research please. High stall A4 LS1s with those exact same mods are capable of running 12.7s and better. A woman in our club went 12.06 with "bolt-ons" (full exhaust,full intake mods and drag radials) and on stock rear-end in her auto Formula. Another guy guy in our club went 11.8 in his bolt-on T/A.

Here are others:

Naturally Aspirated - Bolt-on's - Stock Motor
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

What's that I smell? TROLL...that's what. All I saw in this thread was his old LS1 beat the 300 and now his STi does not beat the 300...nothing about beating a modded LS1 from a roll. Someone suffers from some major insecurity...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Not true, do your research please. High stall A4 LS1s with those exact same mods are capable of running 12.7s and better. A woman in our club went 12.06 with "bolt-ons" (full exhaust,full intake mods and drag radials) and on stock rear-end in her auto Formula. Another guy guy in our club went 11.8 in his bolt-on T/A.

Here are others:

I dought anyone thats a regular in here would question your knowledge of LS1. Yes, A4's with high stalls and some sticky tires can definatly run some incredible times.

But Mr. Amethyst GTO said his LS1 runs 12.7s with intake, exhaust, and shifter? Which he definately could have done. He also said he had 150lbs in the trunk. That would be a fast LS1 Fbody. 12.7 is definately faster than most Fbody's run with just exhaust and intake. I was assuming his shifter mod was a shifter for his 6 speed?

Maybe he does have an Automatic and the shifter is for his auto. That is possilbe. But he never mentioned any Converter or drag tires. If he does have an A4 he would need a stall converter to get down to 12.7. I don't know too many A4's running 12.7 with just exhaust and intake + 150 lbs in the trunk. But who knows?
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 02-28-2004 at 03:47 PM.

Originally posted by Shaitiger

Here are others:

I don't have to do any research. I owned and raced an LS1 and was in a club with MANY other LS1s. I have never seen an LS1 car run 12.7s with JUST an intake and exhaust, not to mention the extra 150 lbs.

He said nothing about having a high stall converter or drag radials. In fact, since he mentioned a shifter, I would take that to mean he has an M6.

LS1s are certainly capable of 12.7s with not a whole lot of effort but it's going to take more than an intake and exhaust except for the occasional "factory freak" like I mentioned.
    Rob

Sounds good, I didn't see any firm evidence that he was driving an M6 or A4. I just threw out the possibility that maybe he had a high stall. And since there is even stock convertered A4s that hit pretty good 60's out there, 12.7s are still very possible. If this guy is running an M6, the only way he's running those times are with nittos and sub 2.0 60 fts.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 02-29-2004 at 09:10 AM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Yup, the 60' times are really the key. The HP is certainly there for 12s but the M6 cars are a b*tch to launch on street tires.

There are plenty of LS1 cars trapping 107+ that are still in the low 13s. Put on sticky tires and you've got 12s all day.

Just as a comparison, I have a '71 Chevelle 454, 3sp auto w/ 4.11 gears that went 11.70s @ 111 - 113 with slicks. There car went no where but up in smoke on street tires!
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.