dont laugh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on dont laugh within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving down the road with my windows down in my short shifted rex and i pull into the ...

dont laugh

I was driving down the road with my windows down in my short shifted rex and i pull into the left turning lne a couple cars back from the front (i guiess everyone was turning).... so then these kids pull up to the front 2 of 3 lanes to my right both in eclipses (the new ones) same car but different color (lol) and they point at my car and laugh cause i guesss the didnt know what it was... so i go out of my way to have fun and pull all the way across them and to their right and the kids laugh and say "aight you got a race"... just to give them some pride i dont lauch cause thats a waste of my clutch i just engage and then lfoor it... and its over... of crouse i shut down at about 70 and they fly by but stop at the next light.... when i pulled up their windows were rolled up and they didnt wanna chat... has anyone raced a 330ci?
    The most important mod is the girl in the passenger seat

Silver 2002 WRX Short-Shift 5 Spd

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a friend with a stock wrx race a stock 330ci i believe its got like 200 something horsepower, it was neck and neck at the end. But then again, in racing it all depends on the driver.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

330xi is about as fast as the wrx because of AWD. Ci and i are a little slower because they are rwd, but the top end is amazing. Like all BMWs.

I raced an XI and it was just no contest, like 2 cars on the launch :P

Rob

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I raced a 330ci as well...not even a brake torque and I killed it when all I had was my intake...

In addition, this is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard of someone laughing at our cars, not knowing what they are. Now, it's probably because I live in the Pacific Northwest (total Scooby country), but I've never had anyone disrespect my car like that...I don't even understand why anyone would do that to anybody's car! Even when I saw the Civic I saw the other day, with an unpainted body kit, larger-than-an-F1-car rear spoiler, and a Flava Flav-sized tach, I didn't point and laugh at it! Some people
    Last edited by Verdugo; 06-16-2002 at 11:19 PM.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by jk147
    330xi is about as fast as the wrx because of AWD. Ci and i are a little slower because they are rwd, but the top end is amazing. Like all BMWs.
    The 330xi is the fastest non-M powered 3 series, but it still can't keep up with a Rex 1/4 mile stock for stock. You're absolutely right about top-end though, Bimmers are amazing when the needle passes 60 mph. My 1997 328ic pulls strong all the way up to 120. I've taken that car to 135mph (with the top down!) and it still felt rock-solid. I still drive my Rex more though

str
    I live in Delaware and people around here seem to know all about the WRX. I have had my car less that a week and Mustangs and Corvettes are trying to race me. There are allot of Porsche Boxters around my area but so far no one has approched me to race.

it still is a sleeper in my book
    The most important mod is the girl in the passenger seat

Silver 2002 WRX Short-Shift 5 Spd

Mine is to loud to be a sleeper, the turbo whine dosent help either lol

Rob

watch out 330's my $ is on the wrx. untill u guys race them till 80 or more. then we shine . good race 330 and stock wrx.@!
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

I live in NH and the WRX isn't really a sleep er around here but I come from Maine, and when I go back up there I've had people look at my car and smeark, pisses me off, but I never get a chance to line up with these guys. Most of them are ricers too. Some of them you have to watch out for, serious modders up there. But I think I would get some respect if I could beat some of them or just even stay with them. The WRX is a total sleeper up there. On another note when I cruise the beach I still get the girls saying "NICE CAR!!". Got to love that.

andrew
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    that pisses me off the most. all that disrespect...

happend to me too, when i was chasing a '97 m3 through the streets. when we came to the stoplight, i turned to give him the thumbs up and he just laughed at me.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

correct me if I'am wrong but I think the WRX has better numbers in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 then a '97 M3.
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by neptune
    correct me if I'am wrong but I think the WRX has better numbers in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 then a '97 M3.
    indeed, which is why it made me so mad cause he thought he "won". it was a small 2-lane road, so i didn't want to go too fast b/c there were cars we were weaving in and out of. basically there wasn't room for me to pass, only follow. it less of a drag race.

that jackass ever laughs at my car again i'll show him what vishnu performance is all about
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Penguinking where did you get the clubWRX sticker??
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast