For Those of You That Street Race in the Bay Area
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on For Those of You That Street Race in the Bay Area within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here is a warning posted on the Stallions forums: Copy and paste: "This is some info I got back from ...

I Support ClubWRX

For Those of You That Street Race in the Bay Area

Here is a warning posted on the Stallions forums:

Copy and paste:

"This is some info I got back from a friend of mine who is a SJ ploice officer. We were in the same jr. high school.
    There are alot of new undercover cops out on weekends with the sole purpose of catching you street racers and taking your cars. Of course costing you $$$ in fines and for some.....loosing your L's.
    The reason I talked to my officer friend on this is because I recently saw 5 cops come to one of my neighbors house after following him back from some runs.
    End of story......his car is gone and he doesn't have the $$$ to get it back. 2001 black SS.....gone!!!
    He was seen racing another Camaro in King rd. around the corner from my house. Cops say the got both cars, but I was coming home on sat. night and saw all these cars damn near blocking my drive way to get to my house.
    He was pulled out of his car & handcuffed. He was given a ticket for exibition of speed, engaging in a spped contest, wreckless driving, and they're even trying to get him for evading because he didn't pull over till he got home, which was around the corner from where they saw him race.
    Now because I know alot of you guys run on the weekends, and it seems like guys from outta SJ are making the drive down to have some fun......I want to let you know about the undercover cars around the East SJ
    My cop friend tells me that there are 3 specific cars that are out now. The cars are actually the cars that belong to the officers.

1. light blue Lincoln Town car
    (I got pulled by this guy on capitol by the drive-ins)Car looks just like a cop car, but it's solid lightblue and has a "frontier ford" license plate on the back, including the registration sticker on the window(like a brand new car does)This car looks so civilian that he revved at me and gunned it at the green light. I took off after him and as soon as I passed him up he got behind me and his headlights were flashing light a cop car. I pulled over, but he must've gotten a more important call casue as soon as we were both stopped he hit a U turn and drove over the island and left (thank god)

2. white Ford f-150
    white guy maybe in his late 20's early 30's

3. light blue Dodge caravan
    white male maybe 34yrs old

4. dark gray Dodge Avenger(93 model)
    hispanic male in his early 30's

Pass this info on, because I'm not going to leave this post up.

you've now been given the heads up......keep it safe guys"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: For Those of You That Street Race in the Bay Area

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    3. light blue Dodge caravan
    white male maybe 34yrs old
    Edit to include, middle aged wife, 2 kids and a dog.

Seriously though, drivin a Caravan...talk about the car you'd least expect to pull your a$$ over.

LOL @ the fact that a Lincoln Town Car revved and launched next to you, and that you were able to keep your composure and not pass out from laughing, and then still felt compelled to gun it past the big ole slow Lincoln... Picturing Kurlee at a stoplight next to a little blue haired old lady driving an old Buick Park Avenue that happens to have a slipping trans and rusted out muffler: "Did she just rev at me? Oh no you don't... I'll show you!"

Illinois State Police also have a variety of unmarked cars with civilian plates that are VERY difficult to pick out in traffic. Usually they have mutiple antennae on the trunk or roof that might cause an observant driver to be suspicious, but that's nearly impossible to spot at night. One more reason for us all to take our grudge matches to the track, or find a way to be very discreet and careful with regard to who and where you race.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Do what I do, remove youre plate...and if they try to stop you for not having one, RUN.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by CKxx
    Do what I do, remove youre plate...and if they try to stop you for not having one, RUN.
    then u get caught and become bubba's beotch!!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

or simply don't street race.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

eh, sup entrapment?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    LOL @ the fact that a Lincoln Town Car revved and launched next to you, and that you were able to keep your composure and not pass out from laughing, and then still felt compelled to gun it past the big ole slow Lincoln... Picturing Kurlee at a stoplight next to a little blue haired old lady driving an old Buick Park Avenue that happens to have a slipping trans and rusted out muffler: "Did she just rev at me? Oh no you don't... I'll show you!"

Actually this did not happen to me, but to someone on the Stallions Mustang Forum. Still sucks that they can rev on you and then you get busted.

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Still sucks that they can rev on you and then you get busted.
    How is that not entrapment? They are instigating.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Saw a white SVT Mustang driving slowly behind a car when the fast lane was open. Way too slow a driver not to be a cop. Plus cars around here are too slow to be racing.
    Last edited by Speedstars; 02-23-2004 at 11:30 PM.
    Drifting away...

Originally posted by Speedstars
    Saw a white SVT Mustang driving slowly behind a car when the fast lane was open. Why too slow a driver not to be a cop. Plus cars around here are too slow to be racing.
    You definitly lost me....
    Last edited by Trailboss; 12-21-2005 at 11:09 AM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I normally go to the track, but the track is far and take forever waiting to race. I guess that's our only solution. Sort of hard to resist a race if your car is fast though....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I've come to notice in long island the unmarked cars always have black stealies w/ crome center caps. If you have a good eye you can see the round search light on the drivers a-pillar. my .02

I Support ClubWRX
    I've seen a MSP late model SS, a few stangs, and a Navigator pulling people over here...But I doubt any of them were trying to race anyone...just need something to keep up with these SRT-4's and what not that always tries to run.

Bottom line is if you cant pay to play, get another hobby.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

jt2
    Originally posted by Trailboss
    You definitly lost me....
    <picture of dictionary>

Definitely some irony here...

JT

'03 WRX, Vishnu Stage 2
    '04 Forester XT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast