c5 vs me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on c5 vs me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; One of my friend at my work chickened out and didn't race me with his c5. Now his friend wants ...

c5 vs me

One of my friend at my work chickened out and didn't race me with his c5.

Now his friend wants to race.
    It's a 2003 c5 convertible automatic with intake.

We race in 2 weeks. (I'll be out of town for a little...)
    I have stg4 with vf22 and ACT clutch.

I just want to know how fast c5 convt. automatics are from stock.

We are gonna race 0-100.

Do you guys think I have chance?

And does anyone know their 1/4 mile time?
    Thanks.

-soul

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    if you can outlaunch the heck out of him, you should win. Id figure that unless this guy really knows what he's doing, he'd be high 13s at best in that thing, from a stop...if you guys go at it from a high speed roll, he might get you, so make sure to keep the races at lower speeds, and starting from dead stops.
    2003 SRT-4

thank you

Thank you for the quick reply.
    I hope I win.
    Do you know an official or known 1/4 mile time on stock models? I can't find it online.
    Argh.

And yes...we are going from dead stop.

-soul

you should be good for 12.6 to high 12's. so i dont think you have a problem at all racing a auto vette from a stop. not sure how the vf22 traps. but from 70mph roll i bet it would be close, c5 maybe pulling very slowly, but higher the speeds the more the vette will pull.

I saw a 50th an auto vette run 12.90 at the track.

Thumbs up

The C5's vert's weigh nearly the same as the coupes, so it should run low-low 13's, based on what I have typically seen at the track from stock automatics. An auto will be easier to launch than a sixspeed car (more consistently), but won't have the high end trap speed of a sixspeed.

I'd expect to see a 13.1 at 107 mph from the C5, if I saw it at the track, and it hit a decent 2.0x 60' time on stock tires.

Get a decent launch (1.7-1.8 60') on your car, and he should be in your mirrors and not gaining. However, if you hesitate at the start, and don't move until he does, you've just lost .4 of a second, and you'll end up struggling to get the win. The race is all in your 60' and reaction time. Have fun and be safe!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

sht
    i thought they c5 auto was mid to high 13's? all know is my boss had one and that thing was slow as hell off the line but from a roll holy **** it was fast
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Certain weather and track conditions along with variances in each car and driver technique could certainly put the range of a stockish C5 auto from a high 12 to high 13. I know the F-bodies have different choices of rear axle ratio (2.73 or 3.23) on the automatics, but not sure if the C5's have different options. That also would play a factor. Also, from 2001 on up, all LS1 motors got the LS6 (Z06) intake, which helped them breathe a little better than the 97-2000 C5's. So somedays you might race a fast one, and on somedays you might run across a slower one. We've all probably experienced different ones on each end of the spectrum, and there is no one exact right answer. You just have to make an educated guess as to what you think you are up against.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I'm not for sure but there might be a chance that you'll be ahead, but he still will get to 100 first.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Ike
    I've seen 2 auto C5s do low 14s, with a couple 13.9s mixed in, it was warm (70s), humid, and near sea level. There was an EVO with boltons doing 12.4-12.6 at the same time... So, if you can launch and he's not a great driver I think you have a pretty good shot, especially since you're only going to 100.

Thanks everyone

Man...so many replies...thanks a lot everyone.
    Mang...I guess it'll be a close one....UH...maybe I should get a header or something to add little more hp.

I know that both of us are getting race fuels...

By the way, we decided to take it to track for a safety purpose. So it'll be 1/4 mile race. I hope it rains!! :-)

-soul

These Checy Autos are not slush boxes as you think they are.

Believe it or not, an AUTO in a C5/LS1/Supra is actually BETTER then the sticks, HIGH HP and Low end torque in these cars, the AUTOS have LONG tall gears, car stals in gear longer, torque pulls it through it, neverlift to shift.

Be careful man
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

the "intakes" on c5's actually yeild a LOT of power. do you happen to know which intake he has? there is one intake that actually creats about a pound and a half of boost... they dynoed it and got like 40 rwhp? i think. you should have no trouble at all though with a stock 2.73 geared vette.
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

there is one intake that actually creats about a pound and a half of boost..
    i did'nt know c5's came with turbo option now

C5s are tough. I have stage 4 with PE1818 and FMIC, I still lose to some.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast