Silly rich boys...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Silly rich boys... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, gonna try and keep this short as possible. 2 runs tonite...540 and G35. The 540 had the requisite 2 ...

Silly rich boys...

Ok, gonna try and keep this short as possible. 2 runs tonite...540 and G35. The 540 had the requisite 2 20 y/o metrosexuals in their club attire, weaving in and out of traffic, etc. So they pull up to me, I was minding my own business, and they start to rev. I was like, ok ok, i'll give you a taste. I was nice to them and started in 4th at 70 mph (was around 3800 rpm - my setup doesnt hit hard until 4200), so he punches it, I do the same, and I ended up getting 2 1/2 cars on him by the end of 4th. He was not pleased, as he gave me the finger and pulled off the highway.

I almost felt bad for the kid in the G35...brand new, dealer plates, and again, a young clubber in his spiked all over haircut. He gets along side of me, I hear him drop a gear, then he takes off, weaving in and out of traffic. I just stayed back, and waited for my coasting speed to catch up to him. I got him to roll down the window and told him that I wasnt gonna race him if he was gonna keep weaving. He gave the Carl Kool Ass nod and looked ahead. Here's the kicker...I didnt realise how slow we were going, so I dropped to 2nd, and I told him to go. I wanted to give him a head start cus i knew what was going to happen. he jumped on it, I let him pull about 1/2 a car, I matted it in 2nd from 4500 and I was literally about 2-3 cars ahead of him by redline, I went to 3rd and let up half way through because there was no point in continuing. Traffic was comin up so I slowed down and moved over a lane to see if he wanted to go again when the traffic let up. Instead, I got a fly-by as he proceeded to weave through traffic at 90 mph.

Oh well, I just thought i'd share...nothing great tonite, but i'm trying to get my buddy in his z06 to run.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

VERY nice runs there! My setup is pretty similar to yours, but I have the TMIC.... Thinking fo going front mount though.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

way to lay on those pricks... sounds like you were here in Boca, i get that crap all the time from kids in bmw's

lol im the young spiked all over kid, minues the whole G thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Good kill, most rex's would be whipped by the 540, but with 320hp at the wheels... Thats some pull, be a fun match with an m5
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by BlueSubie02
    way to lay on those pricks... sounds like you were here in Boca, i get that crap all the time from kids in bmw's
    Heh, I love our Boca tools

I had a stock IS300 try and take me with my old setup, shut him dow quick.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Originally posted by jigga
    VERY nice runs there! My setup is pretty similar to yours, but I have the TMIC.... Thinking fo going front mount though.
    I would definitely switch to the front mount. I used to have a top mount and when I switched to the FMIC i picked up 10 whp and 20 ft-lb to the wheels overall, and even more in the mid range.

So you guys get that in Boca too, huh...Hey look at the bright side, at least you're in florida. I'm in JERSEY...

Pics:

a 540 from a roll!?!? das something
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

I was mildly surprised how easily I pulled on him, especially starting in 4th gear at a relatively low rpm. 540's do weight a lot, you have to remember. But it wasnt even close...

Pics:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.