murdered by a mercedes c32 amg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on murdered by a mercedes c32 amg within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He killed me by 6 car lengths. My friend just bought a mercedes C32 AMG. Damn, I have a lot ...

Unhappy murdered by a mercedes c32 amg

He killed me by 6 car lengths. My friend just bought a mercedes C32 AMG. Damn, I have a lot of work in front of me..
    BAT---------

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    one of those things clobbered my on the highway - i followed him onto the onramp, then he just let loose and we were off - he didnt really beat me, we were just the same distance apart the whole time, so he didnt actually kill me, but he sure as hell kept me from passing him i wanna take one of those things on again
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Penguinking
    one of those things clobbered my on the highway - i followed him onto the onramp, then he just let loose and we were off - he didnt really beat me, we were just the same distance apart the whole time, so he didnt actually kill me, but he sure as hell kept me from passing him i wanna take one of those things on again
    Probably, all he was trying to do was just stop you from getting in front of him. Those cars are freaking fast for a sedan. Check out this website www.c32life.com. One magazine got it to do a 4.5sec 0-60 and a 13.0 1/4! Sheesh...But, they not cheap either. The dang SLK32 has same hp/tq numbers and even weighs 300lbs less...

Ppower

Dude, 348 HP on a V6 superchaged engine. What do you expect?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jk147
    Dude, 348 HP on a V6 superchaged engine. What do you expect?
    well, the car weighs a ton, so that would change things...plus, its a mercedes, so that means its an automatic, since practially all MB's are like that. and, i have the stage zero kit on my car, so i would've expected a pretty damn close race, which it was. too many cars for either of us to pull far ahead, so it was fairly contained <90mph.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Penguinking

well, the car weighs a ton, so that would change things...plus, its a mercedes, so that means its an automatic, since practially all MB's are like that. and, i have the stage zero kit on my car, so i would've expected a pretty damn close race, which it was. too many cars for either of us to pull far ahead, so it was fairly contained <90mph.
    Being an automatic doesn't automatically mean they are going to be slow. Buick Grand nationals where automatics and they are no where near slow.

Ppower

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Ppower

Being an automatic doesn't automatically mean they are going to be slow. Buick Grand nationals where automatics and they are no where near slow.

Ppower
    absolutely! but it just makes me so angry that mercedes doens't give their performance cars a manual trans option. even though the autos are fast as hell as it is, a 5-6 spd would be alot more fun to play w/, and a bit faster. (auto trans are just not as good when it comes to racing)
    and if u read the article on the kleeman SC in automobile mag (or was it car &driver?), they talked about how the c32 has awkward shifting points, and how the manumatic is very sluggish and slow reacting in its shifts.

plus since i'm driving a Vishnu 5spd WRX, i think i'm all that and can whup the sh#t out of any car ...oh wait no, i just got beat by a c32..uh oh! better start adding mods
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Get a BMW if you want luxury performance.

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah right! if i traded in my wrx i could walk out of the bimmer dealership w/ maybe half a car lol - those things cost so much!
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

a guy I know who owns a 10 second Supra also drives a AMG C32... completely stock and in automatic form he ran a 13.08 @ 111mph.....next he's slappin' on some drag radials!!!

Now thats cookin!!

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    a guy I know who owns a 10 second Supra also drives a AMG C32... completely stock and in automatic form he ran a 13.08 @ 111mph.....next he's slappin' on some drag radials!!!

Now thats cookin!!

def
    yikes!

a 10 sec supra AND a flat 13 sec C32?

......and i'm sitting far off over in the corner of the room, my little 14 sec wrx
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

yeah and he owns his own single family home with a 2 car garage where he keeps the Supra and the AMG, and outside sits his work van that he OWNs... he's single... and I think hes in his early 30s (30-35).. and guess what he does?

He works for Rotor-Rooter!! I wanna be a plumber!!

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

HELL YEAH!!

I'll take an E46 M3 (Laguna Seca Blue, the only color I like more than my WR Blue ) over a C32 any day. Motor Trend tested every AMG model Mercedes against every M Bimmer and the Bimmers won every time despite their lower prices.

You gotta admit, the white propeller on the blue sky is pretty cool!

C32 has some impressive 1/4 mile times for an auto, but I guess that kinda comes with the 349hp

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    He works for Rotor-Rooter!! I wanna be a plumber!!

def
    Roto-Rooter that's the name. See you troubles and my money, go down the drain!...
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Schaf100

HELL YEAH!!

I'll take an E46 M3 (Laguna Seca Blue, the only color I like more than my WR Blue ) over a C32 any day. Motor Trend tested every AMG model Mercedes against every M Bimmer and the Bimmers won every time despite their lower prices.

You gotta admit, the white propeller on the blue sky is pretty cool!

C32 has some impressive 1/4 mile times for an auto, but I guess that kinda comes with the 349hp

look over there!

::robert turns and runs away, presumably to the bmw dealership::
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast