murdered by a mercedes c32 amg - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on murdered by a mercedes c32 amg within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; M3 is such a great performance car. On the other hand, I don't consider C32 AMG to be a performance ...

M3 is such a great performance car.
    On the other hand, I don't consider C32 AMG to be a performance car at all. Sure it is super fast, but it doesn't have the overall package of a M3. Not to mention it comes in auto only. If it has some type of clutchless manual-automatic like BMW SMG, I might consider that as a sports car. But now, it is just a powerful sedan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Schaf100

Motor Trend tested every AMG model Mercedes against every M Bimmer and the Bimmers won every time despite their lower prices.

what issue is this?
    free food is the best food

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    i forget too which issue that was, but i do remember reading that article...such a shame how the AMG benz's don't perform as well as the M's.

to me though, benz's are more the luxury performance sedan type (no friggin manual trans, for cryin out loud!) and when was the last time you saw a mercedes club out for a track day?...ok i bet someone will say they have, but its miniscule in comparison to the number and size of BMW's out on the track.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I'm pretty sure it was 3 months ago, but I don't have it anymore. On the cover it was something like "M vs AMG, Ultimate Comparison."

It tested:
    M3 vs CLK 55
    M5 vs E55
    M-Roadster vs SLK 32
    4.6is vs ML 55

Really great tests, and the Bimmers edged it out each and every time, which I'm happy about because I have 2 BMWS and a Porsche in my family right now, each one better than the next (328ic, 740i, 996 Cabriolet)

Last night I was out and met up with some friends... while standing around a few guys I know drove up... 2- 2001 Z28s, 1- WRX and also witht them was a new guy.... driving a 2002 M3.... mmmm M3....

Beautiful car that M3... silver... black leather, dual exhaust... I thought to myself... man I'd love to race that baby!! What a run that would be!

But that was not to happen.... he started the car to let me hear... the thing had a horrible valve or rod tap!! It only had 8000 mile on it! Man did it sound bad.... I am not sure if the problem was a function of driver abuse/error or poor quality... but either way, I felt bad to hear such a machine sound sooo sick.

The guys friends in the Camaros said that he wanted to trade it on an M5! Must be nice.... see his parents are filthy rich and are giving him up to $75,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to buy a car with!!!! That is soooo sick!!! His friends were trying to talk him into a Viper or a z06.... but he wanted the M5..... oh well.... not all that much of a bad choice... could you imagine being 19 and having to make that descision?

WOW!

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    His friends were trying to talk him into a Viper or a z06.... but he wanted the M5..... oh well.... not all that much of a bad choice... could you imagine being 19 and having to make that descision?
    def
    I had to choose whether or not to get the armrest extension for $140, but then again, I'm paying for my car.

Jealous, but boy would I love to be in that kids position!

i'd have to go with the viper!
    2002 Blue WRX
    -STi short shifter
    -BPM GT Turbo Back Exhaust
    -AEM short ram
    1969 Chevelle SS

I Support ClubWRX
    Viper, no doubt.

c'mon, just imagine how may chicks you could pick up in a viper......vs how many you'd get in an m5
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Hell,

Just go straight to a 911 GT2. I mean if he can afford an $80,000 M5 mom and pops could probably chuck in another $60 grand for good measure right?

I Support ClubWRX
    you think a lambo or ferarri would be going too far?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

even if he could get lambo, i'd still stay with the muscle of the viper. I just love muscle cars, and in my opinion the viper is one of the only ones left.
    2002 Blue WRX
    -STi short shifter
    -AEM short ram
    1969 Chevelle SS

im not saying ferarris or lambos are not bad ass don't get me wrong
    2002 Blue WRX
    -STi short shifter
    -AEM short ram
    1969 Chevelle SS

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Schaf100
    Hell,

Just go straight to a 911 GT2. I mean if he can afford an $80,000 M5 mom and pops could probably chuck in another $60 grand for good measure right?
    Oh good god yes! I'm with you on this one!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    old school viper - none of this new 2003 shiiiiit!

( i just like the looks of the older viper better - so much meaner looking)
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

true true
    2002 Blue WRX
    -STi short shifter
    -AEM short ram
    1969 Chevelle SS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.