Bored, trollin around. SRT info inside - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bored, trollin around. SRT info inside within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; why give a hooch about lambos an such. how cliche, screw that, unless i got 200,000 in the bank i ...

why give a hooch about lambos an such. how cliche, screw that, unless i got 200,000 in the bank i dont care to even know the power they make, unless i think i might run with one. its no surprise a ferarri is fast. not gonna impress anyone when you get pulled on at the track by a subaru because you could only manage a 12.5. hell ive seen a viper hit 14's, thats gotta be embarassing. screw the exotics, the only thing their made is benchmarking an posters to go on kids walls.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by drizze99
    OK Bender, whatever you say!

Don't get me wrong, I love the SRT-4's, WRX/STi's, EVO's & GTI's of the world, but they are not REAL sports cars no matter how fast they go. By what you are saying, I could take ANY car, make it fast and consider it a "real sports car". So I guess that Ford Focus with a V8 swap in it with 500hp is a real sports car right?

i'm with the drizz on this one. anycar that starts as a econobox under 15000 pricetag will never be a sports car. the chassis just isn't there. sports cars again are vetts,vipers,nsx,rx-8,350z. real sports cars not just hoped up econoboxes. i'm just stating what i think is a sports car title. there is plenty of econo boxes avail with high hp and awesome turning and can give any or all of those cars a run. just my .02
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

keep this thread on topic.

dR

I like the neon alot dont mistake that, its very competant on the dry hot surfaces. Just not in offroad conditions. power to the rear wheels is essential in road racing. It can be done without, but its not as smooth and controllable, and predictable compared to AWD or RWD. Aside from that, the neon rocks... and its pretty darn good on road or drag racing, just not rallyin
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by dark_rex
    keep this thread on topic.

dR
    And what was that again?

Well, as far as SRT-4 info is concerned, Stage 2 was just announced and the first kits are being shipped out on April 1st. I need to figure out a way to buy it!!

Here is some details about the Stage 2 packages:

Mopar Stage 2 with turbo toys: 1599.00 Retail --- 1300.00 Street
    - New PCM (ECU)
    -682cc injectors (rated at 58psi not 43psi)
    -3 bar MAP
    -3 bar TIP
    -Stronger Wastegate
    -IC sprayer
    -Dial-a-boost with 4 settings
    -Race gas switch to advance timing when 100 octane of above is used.
    -Increased Redline to 6500 RPM

Mopar Stage 2 without toys: 999.00 Retail --- 750.00 Street
    - New PCM (ECU)
    -682cc injectors (rated at 58psi not 43psi)
    -3 bar MAP
    -3 bar TIP
    -Stronger Wastegate
    -Increased Redline to 6500 RPM

DCX Dyno:

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like the neon alot dont mistake that, its very competant on the dry hot surfaces. Just not in offroad conditions. power to the rear wheels is essential in road racing. It can be done without, but its not as smooth and controllable, and predictable compared to AWD or RWD. Aside from that, the neon rocks... and its pretty darn good on road or drag racing, just not rallyin
    Correction, You need to check SCCA rally website and find out which FWD is the fastest rallycar in the U.S. right now. It's also fairly competitive with the AWD cars.
    "If it ain't going fast it ain't going"

Originally posted by drizze99
    A "real" sports car is a Ferrari, Corvette, Viper, McLaren, Lamborghini, etc.........
    Ill agree to that...Except for the vette, because I hate them more than anythng on earth. On second thought, Ill give you the vette, just dont forget Supra, RX-7, Skyline, NSX...If you can count a corvette, you can count them. Deal?

...I think to be a sports car, the stock configuration has to include the top of the trans tunnel being at mid-chest height.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by CKxx
    Ill agree to that...Except for the vette, because I hate them more than anythng on earth. On second thought, Ill give you the vette, just dont forget Supra, RX-7, Skyline, NSX...If you can count a corvette, you can count them. Deal?

...I think to be a sports car, the stock configuration has to include the top of the trans tunnel being at mid-chest height.
    Deal!

Sorry to tell you all that "Sports Cars" as defined by the fine folks at EVO magazine are two seater, two door, drop-tops, with such fine examples as the Honda S2000, BMW Z4, Porsche Boxster, and Caterham 7 Superlight R

All our the car we are discussing would fall under "Sports Saloons". With that out of the way, if you read the current EVO issue with the quick blurb about the Ford Focus' future, you will learn from the car makers and in house tuners themselves that FWD has its horsepower limitations. They go on to say that a Cosworth tuned 300hp Focus couldn't possibly be FWD as they are running into problems already with the current Focus RS in the UK. So enjoy maxing out the horsepower on a FWD chassis, and the amazing 1/4 mile times you will pull with big ole drag radials. But there are limits to what a FWD can do that RWD and AWD (when tuned properly) can overcome.

On a side note, those "Turbo Toy" upgrades really kick butt and take all the guesswork out of turbo/fuel/timing tuning. I wish they had a easy button interface for my UTEC like that.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui

On a side note, those "Turbo Toy" upgrades really kick butt and take all the guesswork out of turbo/fuel/timing tuning. I wish they had a easy button interface for my UTEC like that.

The nice part about turbo toys are that they're Factory tuned and operate off the factory ECU (so factory safe A/F). The IC sprayer has been wind tunnel tested, and has an automatic mode which measures vehicle speed, intake temps, and charge temps, and sprays when necessary.

The 'Dial-A-Boost' has 4 settings...

0 - Low Boost (6-8psi max, for fuel economy and traction)
    1 - Mid Boost (calculated as half way between 6psi and Max boost, again for fuel and traction)
    2 - Street Tire Mode (1st and 2nd gear boost optimized for street tire config, 3rd+ at full boost (18-20psi!))
    3 - Drag Radial/Slick Mode (1st, 2nd boost optimized for DR's, 3rd+ full boost.)

All modes work with the High Octane switch to know where the tire limitations are based on the HP output. If the HO switch is on and the engine detects knock, it automatically turns HO off so that you don't damage the engine..
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    The nice part about turbo toys are that they're Factory tuned and operate off the factory ECU (so factory safe A/F). The IC sprayer has been wind tunnel tested, and has an automatic mode which measures vehicle speed, intake temps, and charge temps, and sprays when necessary.

The 'Dial-A-Boost' has 4 settings...

0 - Low Boost (6-8psi max, for fuel economy and traction)
    1 - Mid Boost (calculated as half way between 6psi and Max boost, again for fuel and traction)
    2 - Street Tire Mode (1st and 2nd gear boost optimized for street tire config, 3rd+ at full boost (18-20psi!))
    3 - Drag Radial/Slick Mode (1st, 2nd boost optimized for DR's, 3rd+ full boost.)

All modes work with the High Octane switch to know where the tire limitations are based on the HP output. If the HO switch is on and the engine detects knock, it automatically turns HO off so that you don't damage the engine..
    Hey Eb, did you order yours yet? I am getting close I think. I have come up with a master plan....I think. Anyways, I'm stoked because my Dad's (works for DCX) price on it is 1199.25 with toys!!

I didn't order it yet, but I did get a ride in the finalized cal w/ethan. OMG... I'm waiting to see if he'll pull the same deal he did for s1 w/me, where I get it early and buy one of the late kits so as to not use up the initial build. If not, i'll have it be early summer for sure. I need s2, new rims, and s3 coilovers, then i'll be happy

Good deal on the price. Dealer price is 1299, so your getting quite a deal. How did you work that price?
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

it's a hopped up econobox just like the SRT-4 is. If you think any different, then you are kidding yourself.
    I use to think this too when I was researching the WRX. The fact is though, it's not based on an econobox, as is the SRT-4. It's based off the WRC car. Is there a basic economy version of the Impreza available? Nope. I suppose the TS is the cheapest Impreza, but with 165HP, AWD, 4 wheels discs brakes w/ ABS and EBD standard, it's no econo box.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't think of the WRX as a sports car. It is, however, a damn good sports sedan (or wagon), as is the SRT-4.
    Last edited by merlot; 03-03-2004 at 09:17 AM.
    '03 WRX
    '03 SV650

Originally posted by ebbtide
    I didn't order it yet, but I did get a ride in the finalized cal w/ethan. OMG... I'm waiting to see if he'll pull the same deal he did for s1 w/me, where I get it early and buy one of the late kits so as to not use up the initial build. If not, i'll have it be early summer for sure. I need s2, new rims, and s3 coilovers, then i'll be happy

Good deal on the price. Dealer price is 1299, so your getting quite a deal. How did you work that price?
    DCX employee's can get a coupon that states 25% off the retail price of any Mopar product. Called the local dealer I deal with and verified that it includes S2!!

1599.00 - 25% (399.75) = 1199.25 !!

You should look into it if ya know what I'm saying!!

Originally posted by merlot
    I use to think this too when I was researching the WRX. The fact is though, it's not based on an econobox, as is the SRT-4. It's based off the WRC car. Is there a basic economy version of the Impreza available? Nope. I suppose the TS is the cheapest Impreza, but with 165HP, AWD, 4 wheels discs brakes w/ ABS and EBD standard, it's no econo box.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't of the WRX as a sports car. It is, however, a damn good sports sedan (or wagon), as is the SRT-4.
    Did you forget about this?

This is a Subaru Imprezza FWD

Sure the ecomomy version is not available anymore, BUT this is where the Impreza started. The Impreza WRX first hit in Japan in 94 and it was based on the success of the WRC car.

I still stand by my statement that these cars are just evolved econoboxes!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast